Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

jungledrums

Di Marzio and Nerozzi are reporting 110m euros + addons which are thought to be 10m euros. Only Tancredi and a few others copying him are going with the stupid #145. This will turn out to be around £100m
Thats probably the initial fee without the add-ons and performance bonuses.
Cheers lads. Is that initial fee the number used to calculate the "biggest transfer fees"? If my figures are correct, £80m for Ronaldo, £85.3m for Bale, now £93 for Pogba?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So we'll basically end up paying Juventus €110m for 4 years of training camp for Pogba. Not such a bad deal at all IMO.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Cheers lads. Is that initial fee the number used to calculate the "biggest transfer fees"? If my figures are correct, £80m for Ronaldo, £85.3m for Bale, now £93 for Pogba?
Yeah think so. Only the initial fee counts because there is no guarantee those performance based bonuses or winning the Ballon D'or Fee fee would happen.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

From Juventuz:

who cares, if he is retarded enough to leave for Man Utd so that he can dab in front of more people and get more followers on instagram then let him. good riddance. absolute disgrace for the legendary #10 jersey.

:lol:

Z_Wolf

Sorry I don't mean to turn this into a racial discussion but I always wonder if Pogba was white, would Madrid have gone for him? I don't even remember Madrid valuing a black player, or having a black player in their squad for that matter.
Marcelo and varane are black. Makelele, Adebayor and Ronaldo all have played for madrid too.

RedTiger

Half mast
Sorry I don't mean to turn this into a racial discussion but I always wonder if Pogba was white, would Madrid have gone for him? I don't even remember Madrid valuing a black player, or having a black player in their squad for that matter.
They've had plenty of black players on their books. Whether they valued them as highly as other players Is debatable.

cyberman

TalkSport claiming they"ve been told the deal is done.
Didn't catch the source though

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There were speculations of Perez preferring white players because they fit better in his commercial strategy. For example, Real wasn't even considering Ronaldinho (although it was probably due to his weird smile and not the color of his skin) because of his looks.

If you want the example of black Madrid players - Makelele, Essien, Adebayor, Diarra, Drenthe, Seedorf, from the top of my head - but they never had black player as the face/future poster boy of the club iirc.

edit: Casillas' agent accused Perez of not liking black players:

For Makelele, for a lack of respect. Florentino doesn’t like black players; he’s not a racist but he doesn’t like them. I also fought with him over Eto’o. Samuel was just as much a galáctico as Figo. He left for the colour of his skin.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You put your Fabio on
Your Rafael on
on on on on
everybody's on
Then you turn to Paul Pogba but you turn around
That's what it's all about.

Ohhhhhh now he's worth a shit load
Ohhhhhh spend it and he'll come home
Nowww Pogba has one goal
Get subbed on for
Mar-Ou-Ane

Last edited:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
They need whole new defense and some midfielders. And I think Mourinho will fail miserably. I don't see him play that long there.
At least our back 4 won't retire in a couple of years.

They wish they had a fullback as good as Shaw. :lol:

Oaencha

An interesting point. There were rumours last year Perez is a racist. In recent memory I can think of Adebayor (loan), Lassana and Mamadou Diarra, Makelele.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Late though Skysports are to the party, it's massively reassuring to me that they're on it. The one thing that was always suspiciously absent in the Vidal saga was the predominant English media. Your Skys and your BBCs didn't touch it even when hundreds of outlets said it was a goer. This is different.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Marcelo and varane are black. Makelele, Adebayor and Ronaldo all have played for madrid too.
I won't really call Marcelo and Varane black. They are more of mixed. Same goes for Ronaldo. Makelele isn't valued by Madrid at all and let's not even mention about Adebayor.

Suv666

Probably Ballbag or Tancredi since those are the two unreliable journalists that go on there.
Tbf Ballbag said a long time ago Pogba was OT bound, if you put his spanish bias aside, he's actually a decent journo

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Late though Skysports are to the party, it's massively reassuring to me that they're on it. The one thing that was always suspiciously absent in the Vidal saga was the predominant English media. Your Skys and your BBCs didn't touch it even when hundreds of outlets said it was a goer. This is different.
Sky Sports isnt as reliable nowadays. They are falling too much for the twitter updates in my opinion. BBC is still the best they dont say unless its probably 90% done.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
How many Skys and BBCs have you?

Sparky Rhiwabon

They've had plenty of black players on their books. Whether they valued them as highly as other players Is debatable.
I was thinking about something about this but didn't want to create a new thread as it may seem controversial (not meant to be) ...... Has there ever been a black footballer that is considered to "dictate the game" / a "playmaker" like Modric / Pirlo / etc are said to? You don't often hear of black players being talked about in this way, even Pogba who is about to become the most expensive player ever. Is this because they are coached more based on their physical attributes, maybe stemming from stereotypes? Or do people just not see this quality in them due to the stereotyping? Or are there just not many?