Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

VanGaalEra

Just chilling, sitting here waiting for the announcement. My muppet duties are basically done.

Now time to wait for the big news and then celebration on the cafe.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why would cutting short his holiday move things along? He has a phone, right?

It's definitely possible he's stretching his holiday out until Raiola and the two clubs have dotted the i's and crossed their t's but the fact Evra's also still on holiday makes that unlikely.
Maybe the medical has to be done at carrington and maybe Utd want it announced with him in Manchester

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's definitely possible he's stretching his holiday out until Raiola and the two clubs have dotted the i's and crossed their t's but the fact Evra's also still on holiday makes that unlikely.
He might just be finishing out his holiday and the club isnt rushing it because they probably want to announce it with all the pics and stuff like we usually do. We seem to usually announce our players with a little picture or clip like Ibra, so since pogba is breaking the record we will definitely do something special to announce it in a peak viewing time.

Giggs86

So they've set up the medical in Manchester, asked him to come back to do it and he's said "nah, I'm gonna check out a few more pool parties first". Do you really believe what you're suggesting?
Or they just scheduled the medical for when his vacation is over? That's the most logical possibility. Why would he cut his vacation short? He earned it let him enjoy it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just chilling, sitting here waiting for the announcement. My muppet duties are basically done.

Now time to wait for the big news and then celebration on the cafe.
There is nothing else to do, really.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What bothers me is the lack of desire on his (Paul's) part to build team chemistry ASAP.

As we all saw this season, a top 4 spot was ONE game away last season. Fortunately missing the top 4 ended up working in the Reds favor.

This season the Reds can't afford to let a game or two slip away while everyone learns to play together. It's new system, with new players in key spots.

I'm pissed at whomever KNOWS this is going down, but are allowing/causing Paul to not be on the team. Two fricken weeks until the season starts. The dude should have been on the practice field two weeks ago.
FFS he just finished in the Euros! If you play constantly with no break then you just become crap or injured. It doesn't matter what he earns, the guy needs a bloody break!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The fact he's not jumping on the next plane from Vegas to Manchester means he has little desire to play for us and will strut about miserable for the entire season. The caf :lol:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So they've set up the medical in Manchester, asked him to come back to do it and he's said "nah, I'm gonna check out a few more pool parties first". Do you really believe what you're suggesting?
I'm speculating

I don't find it overly far fetched though

Thepinhead

I really don't see the problem in him having 3 weeks of vacation. Mind you that the english teams have to toughest Christmas period so I can understand if you feel like taking plenty of time recovering during the summer. Zlatan did it as well. I don't think it means he he ain't commited. Just look how long it took Alexis Sanchez last season to get back to full speed because he didn't take a long enough summer break.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The fact he's not jumping on the next plane from Vegas to Manchester means he has little desire to play for us and will strut about miserable for the entire season. The caf :lol:
Believe me I want it to go through and think he is a great player. Pretty much world class

But he will still have to convince me that he is desperate for a move to Utd

NYAS

I don't think he's intentionally stretching his holiday out or adjusting it according to developments at the negotiations table. If I recall correctly it was reported as early as the week of the Euro final that he would be back from his holiday on the 7th of August.

Can't see this being announced until he's back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only insightful post in the last 37 or so pages was the guy saying the only people fretting are anoraks on websites (ie us lot).

The people involved will be completely calm, and have things in place.

And that's probably the better way round!

Roll on the announcement next Tuesday, on page 1002

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm speculating

I don't find it overly far fetched though
You're speculating that he's refused to fly back to Manchester for a medical the club has teed up for him? And that he'd already be a United player if it wasn't for this refusal? All based on no evidence whatsoever?

That's not speculating. That's trolling.

Hercules

One thing I don't get when the caf think about why he is extending his holidays if he wants to sign? Guys, he is a celebrity, he must have a couple of events to attend (for which he is being paid). Footballers attract crowd, maybe he has a couple of small events to attend for which he was paid millions? Being from India, I got a chance to meet McCullum during one of the IPL events and he had to fly back to NZ but here he was, just minutes before his flight back to NZ, attending an event in Bangalore. It's just a celebrity stuff, you cannot ignore that.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You're speculating that he's refused to fly back to Manchester for a medical the club has teed up for him? And that he'd already be a United player if it wasn't for this refusal? All based on no evidence whatsoever?

No it's speculating. I am wondering if certain players would cut short their holidays if it meant pushing it through faster

Also I never said refused. I meant delayed until he was ready.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The problem is that people convinced themselves that the deal was top happen in the next 24 hours and that since the first positive reports from lequipe despite the fact that they never said that it was imminent. The muppets have created their own despair by being impatient.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The problem is that people convinced themselves that the deal was top happen in the next 24 hours and that since the first positive reports from lequipe despite the fact that they never said that it was imminent. The muppets have created their own despair by being impatient.
Im no muppet

I'm like the anti muppet

I'm not desperate for big money signings at all, and usually like to point out the potential negative aspects in many of our signings in recent years (Bastian, di Maria and Falcao for example)