g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I see that he casually bumped up Raiola's fee to 30% from 20% in that article.

knobhead.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Phil not only got the age wrong, but forgets he left United four years before Pogba even arrived.

Footballers have a tendency to rewrite history. A little while ago Andy Hinchcliffe was on the radio going on about how he used to hate spending long summers away from his family in the international 'bubble'

...except a quick Google reveals he was only capped 7 times and never went to a tournament.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
At least there'll be a silver lining if Pogba somehow doesn't sign - Duncan Castles will never be allowed forget about that article and it will weigh on him like a ton of bricks for the rest of his journalistic career.

Judas

Open to offers
At least there'll be a silver lining if Pogba somehow doesn't sign - Duncan Castles will never be allowed forget about that article and it will weigh on him like a ton of bricks for the rest of his journalistic career.
Not really, he's written shite every summer. No journalists ever pay for the absolute bollocks they write.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So Castles(Mourinho) says it's done :drool::drool::drool::drool:
I don't know if Castles is particularly close this summer. He said Rojo rejected a move to China when their window shut 2 weeks ago, and that we want to loan Phil Jones to Hull City. Also that we still want to sell Juan Mata.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know if Castles is particularly close this summer. He said Rojo rejected a move to China when their window shut 2 weeks ago, and that we want to loan Phil Jones to Hull City. Also that we still want to sell Juan Mata.
To be fair, he doesn't say when Rojo rejected the move, everyone just presumes it was in the last few days so they can call him an egg head tosser, but it easily could have happened when their window was still open.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Castle's is still a bald bastard even if he is less anti-United now.
He's not less anti-United, he's just pro Mourinho. He still digs at every element of United that isn't under Mourinhos hand.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair, he doesn't say when Rojo rejected the move, everyone just presumes it was in the last few days so they can call him an egg head tosser, but it easily could have happened when their window was still open.
So why did he not report then?

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Not really, he's written shite every summer. No journalists ever pay for the absolute bollocks they write.
This is on a different scale. Everybody forget about his Pedro claims last Summer because not that many actually gave a sh*t about Pedro when it was all said and done.

Pogba is a different story though.

And in general you are right about Journos never paying for their false claims but that's only mostly true for red top journos. Castles' reputation is a fair bit better than the average football hack.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I think this is the first time I've been happy to see a Duncan Castles tweet.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sorry everyone, I didn't know it had been posted. I just got the email. I suppose I could have scrolled through the last 30 pages to check but life gets in the way.
Again mate, I was joking. But it does seem to have been mentioned about 15 times now.

Also, if 'life' is getting in the way of you checking this thread, then you need to be re-addressing your priorities, me thinks.

Red Bug

He's not less anti-United, he's just pro Mourinho. He still digs at every element of United that isn't under Mourinhos hand.
He's a strange person. Why would a grown man have an obsession with a manager like he does with Jose?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's a strange person. Why would a grown man have an obsession with a manager like he does with Jose?
It's a professional obsession to be fair. He's a bald twat and an abu wum but he's earned a position as a journalist where he's privy to briefings from Mendes/Jose and it's taken some serious brown nosing to get there.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Her voice is wonderful. Doesn't she speak about a hundred languages? I feel a little tingle when she pronounces Spanish/South American names/teams properly. She was on earlier talking about City being close to signing Marlos Moreno from Atletico Nacional. Blimey. I had to lay down.
Haha. I'm not surprised she had that affect on you! And, yes, from I hear she is quite the multi-linguist. Bright as well as beautiful. Gotta love that. Unless, of course, you're a misanthrope in which case it'll probably just depress the hell out of you.*

Back in May I was down the pub for the FA Cup Final. They ran some report from Kate in the build-up to the game and the collective 'woo-hoos' from the male members in attendance was more than audible. Some guy at the front even started filming the segment with his mobile phone presumably so he could watch it in privacy later on. ;)

*Edit: On the off chance I gave the wrong impression, I wasn't suggesting you were a misanthrope! Just people in general! :)

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Haha. I'm not surprised she had that affect on you! And, yes, from I hear she is quite the multi-linguist. Bright as well as beautiful. Gotta love that. Unless, of course, you're a misanthrope in which case it'll probably just depress the hell out of you.

Back in May I was down the pub for the FA Cup Final. They ran some report from Kate in the build-up to the game and the collective 'woo-hoos' from the male members in attendance was more than audible. Some guy at the front even started filming the segment with his mobile phone presumably so he could watch it in privacy later on. ;)
:drool:

FujiVice

If we dont announce him, but secretly signed him, we should keep him until November. Dont play him. People think he didnt sign for us, but suddenly we have Ashley Young in midfield. After 30 minutes and a very dominating display by Young, he whips off the mask and there's Paul Pogba. Football needs more of this bullshit.

CG1010

For me Castles is as good as Di Marzio for United related news as long as Mourinho is here. He has been on spot for most things that can be confirmed this summer. He would certainly not write about Pogba unless Mourinho told him himself.

Now convinced that Pogback:drool:

SirAF

Ageist
If we dont announce him, but secretly signed him, we should keep him until November. Dont play him. People think he didnt sign for us, but suddenly we have Ashley Young in midfield. After 30 minutes and a very dominating display by Young, he whips off the mask and there's Paul Pogba. Football needs more of this bullshit.
:lol:

For me Castles is as good as Di Marzio for United related news as long as Mourinho is here. He has been on spot for most things that can be confirmed this summer. He would certainly not write about Pogba unless Mourinho told him himself.

Now convinced that Pogback:drool:
Definitely. He's getting closer..

CG1010

:lol: BTW this reminds me the day Scholes came back from retirement, and his name was in the substitutes...

strandty

Mourinho on the '4th signing' before Rooney's testimonial:

"I'd like to get it done before the season starts".