Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If we are going to believe Luckhurst then he's made Van Gaal seem like an even shitter manager than I thought he was (quite an achievement) by claiming it was Van Gaal's decision to nix the Kroos and Vidal deals. Fecking eejit.
Not sure about those two deals since we would have been out of the race when RM and Bayern signaled their interest. But one we do know is factual is that he nixed Gündogan in favour of Schweinsteiger.

We could have had Gündogan and Pogba as a part of a midfield three, just imagine that.

Chip

You pay for every 'getty' image you want to use, right?

They could see this as a goldmine with every news article wanting to use images of Pogba in a United shirt.
Yes, that's the way stock photo agencies work.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Surely Getty are just releasing images because there is a demand for pictures of Pogba in a United kit, from newspapers etc, at the minute?

FujiVice

Why would getty be in the know?
Not saying they are, but Getty are a site that provides stock photos for the press and websites to use in articles. Its not uncommon for someone to give them a nudge and say "we might be needed some Pogba/United picks in the coming days" for their media.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was he not going to be in Manchester last week. Or was it the week before?
I'm sure I read that he was going to be announced today.
In fact come to think of it, I'm sure I read that it would be announced in 48 hours.
No, it was never said he would be in Manchester.

No, you read it would be done in 48 hours - not announced.

Troozi

79 pages to go.

Surely the Getty thing doesn't mean anything.

It'll happen this weekend!

SirAF

Ageist
Actually we should be glad that Fergie got rid of Pogba when he did. Controversial you say, well consider this:

- We went to shit shortly after
- We would in no way be able to get £100m for Pogba
- Raiola and Pogba would have engineered a move and transfer request during our barren years under Moyes and LvG
- Madrid would have pinched him from us for a measly £50m
- Pogba would never again have played for MUFC. And having him during the two baboons spell would just be a waste

So in conclusion, even though it was bitter to loose him for a pittance, we would have lost him a few years down the road anyways, and never have the chance to have him play for us again.
I completely agree with this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Actually we should be glad that Fergie got rid of Pogba when he did. Controversial you say, well consider this:

- Raiola and Pogba would have engineered a move and transfer request during our barren years under Moyes and LvG
- Pogba would never again have played for MUFC. And having him during the two baboons spell would just be a waste

So in conclusion, even though it was bitter to loose him for a pittance, we would have lost him a few years down the road anyways, and never have the chance to have him play for us again.
Not to mention that he might not have progressed so well.

acrebo

If anything, Getty releasing more old "Pogba @ United" pics would suggest that we're not going to see any new "Pogba @ United" pics anytime soon.

But, yeah, it'll just be because there's currently demand for pics of him in our shirt for all the rumour columns.

EyeInTheSky

They wouldn't, they're making hay from the current media frenzy.
A bit late to the party are they not? It's not as if a significant amount of people will sign up especially just to use these images. Those in the industry will already have access to them via previous sign ups and will have anything from a monthly download quota or an unlimited package which I can imagine medium or major news outlets would have. These images are not going to make them a fortune.

Someone needs to fire their marketing department

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Conversely our "barren years" may not have been so barren with an ascendent Pogba doing what he did at Juve over the past four years. It was a silly move to allow him to leave and probably underscored the emerging reality that Fergie's old ways were incompatible with the new era of powerful players and agents.

Hans Moleman

There's obviously going to be a huge demand for old Pogba pics to go along with all the "United splash out £100m for player they already owned once" articles and general transfer stories which are about to be thrust upon us during the next week.

I mean, this is one time when 2+2 clearly equals 4.

I swear some people are still in denial this is actually happening :lol:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Conversely our "barren years" may not have been so barren with an ascendent Pogba doing what he did at Juve over the past four years. It was a silly move to allow him to leave and probably underscored the emerging reality that Fergie's old ways were incompatible with the new era of powerful players and agents.
I don't think Pogba would have developed as brilliantly under Moyes and LvG. And I think it would take more than one more potentially WC midfielder to give those two baboons any chance of winning anything of note or taking us forward.

Agreed on Fergies ways though. Rumour has it that if he would have been willing to pay off Hazards agent then he would be playing in red now.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Phil Neville was on SSN now talking about Pogba, about when he was 13 yrs old in the United academy. United didn't sign him that young, did they?
Pogba signed from Le Havre in 2009, that is 7 years ago, he is 23 today, do the math he was 16 at the time. I don't think we are even allowed to sign up players from other clubs under that age, it is what Barca etc got their transfer ban for.

Neville talking utter bullshit here

SirAF

Ageist
Pogba signed from Le Havre in 2009, that is 7 years ago, he is 23 today, do the math he was 16 at the time. I don't think we are even allowed to sign up players from other clubs under that age, it is what Barca etc got their transfer ban for.

No surprises there

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

I dont think he is that smart.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

You can sign players younger than that as long as it's not an international transfer, meaning from outside the UEFA. Or the player moved for other reasons than football.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I dont think he is that smart.
Indeed he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed, playing football and then talking a bit about how other people should play football is about as much as you can expect out of him.