Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I reckon @ehsanul is the sort of guy that wears makeup and crywanks himself to sleep each night while listening to My Chemical Romance.

Shimo

Why do you assume that the decision was made by Zlatan to come to United already when Raiola said this? Just because Zlatan ended up at United doesn't mean that he was not looking for other options. In the end, Zlatan thought, United was the best deal and he ended up at United.

Just because a journalist is based out of Italy, anything he says becomes gospel. "Oh but he is one of the most reputed you know". There is no shred of evidence that a deal has been done. BBC not even saying that a deal is being discussed. But of course, they might not have good sources with in the Italian club. They also would not have any good sources within United since Manchester is not in the UK.

Who knows, a deal might be on the cards, but it looks like everyone is being taken for a ride by a tweeting journalist and that tweet is being copied by others ,rehashed / re tweeted and this makes it look like things are happening.
If you listened to any of the interviews Zlatan has done after he signed - you will see that he had offers from all over but, he had already decided on United. At least in that case it was clear Raiola was just trolling and not a reach to assuming he is doing the same with the couple of tweets we've had.

Railoa is the only one taking people from a ride with his tweets and some are jumping right on along side him. Think about it - he said nothing about Pogba in this or the blah blah tweet. It's an assumption being made as Raiola has other clients. As one tweet got posted - Balotelli (in England) possibly going to Italy .... you can't say for sure what deal he is talking about but, can assume. And that's his whole thing with his troll tweet - to get people talking when he is not really giving anything away. He know he can't say the deal is done until paperwork is signed but, he can still generate buzz by stating the opposite - which technically true due to the final paperwork needing signing.

VanGaalEra

It is close. It is not done.

How hard is this to understand really?
It's done, done dealio. Did you watch that adidas advert?

It's logistics and admin that's left, which is natural when you're parting with so much money.

Shimo

While that's all true, this is exactly why Woody is going all-in on signing him. There are maybe 5 football players in the world that would have American paparazzi hounding them to that extent outside of a club, especially in LA/Hollywood. Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Pogba, and that's about it. Maybe you could argue one or two others. He's just scratching the surface of his marketing pull. Wait until his brand merges with the Manchester United brand. It's all absurd, but that's a big part of modern football, especially the United model.
Pirlo talked about how he can go anywhere and not be bothered and the man was an absolute star for Juve and Italy. Pogba while very recognizable, I don't think would have got anywhere near the attention if this wasn't about United as well (or Madrid / Barca). Only 3 clubs IMO that can really elevate a player's personal brand to the stratospheric levels. It's going to be a win-win for all the parties when this deal gets finalized - most of all for Pogba because he is so young and if he truly realizes his potential in the next 2-3 years - he'll have even greater options.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

It's logistics and admin that's left, which is natural when you're parting with so much money.
While that is the case, things can still fall through. I am not saying that will happen but it still could. The main point is that he is still on holiday so there is really no rush other than in silly people's heads and obviously it is not the simplest deal in the world to get over the line.

C'est Moi Cantona

Just can't work this out, the Adidas/Raiola stuff is just weird, gilding the lily a bit too much I think.

I just hope we're in on it, and are not been played by these weirdos.

sincher

A done deal behind the scenes doesn't exist aye?
Not really no. There could be some preagreement but you are foolish if you think he has signed for the club already. Details probably will not trip things up, but they could and have done in the past.

VanGaalEra

While that is the case, things can still fall through. I am not saying that will happen but it still could. The main point is that he is still on holiday so there is really no rush other than in silly people's heads and obviously it is not the simplest deal in the world to get over the line.
The only way this falls through is if he fails a medical, which is highly unlikely to happen.

C'est Moi Cantona

Please explain how the Adidas advert proves it's done? Because I'm obviously too thick to work it out.

sincher

Adidas are very simply just milking the fans' attention. They would not be much good at marketing if they didn't.

VanGaalEra

Please explain how the Adidas advert proves it's done? Because I'm obviously too thick to work it out.
The Manchester United crest in the actual advert, Stormzy walking outside of Old Trafford wearing a United tracksuit top?

I'm genuinely surprised you don't see that as a sign.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's all done, we're just holding back for the huge announcement when Pogba has finished his holidays. It's what United will want and it's what Adidas will want and it's helped Juventus close deals before everyone knows for sure they have a huge cheque in the bank.

All my guesswork of course but I'm as good as certain.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You don't think it's weird that Pogba is in an advert with United painted all over it? Juventus are supposed to be ok with that if they own his rights?

podurban2

Not really no. There could be some preagreement but you are foolish if you think he has signed for the club already. Details probably will not trip things up, but they could and have done in the past.
Yeah sure I agree, it may still fall through if something radical happens. But when we are at the point of medicals, then all that remains are signatures, we are beyond the negotiations phase. Or at least, that's what you may believe if reports are accurate.

roykeane19

Sad thing is all the hype and clamor over him, and apart from overpaying from him, hes not eve that good. Sadly all the actual world class players go to Madrid, barcelona, or Bayern, we just get the ones no one wants and pay well over the odds

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It is close. It is not done.

How hard is this to understand really?
Oh come off it.

Have you seen the extent of outright forced contrariness some posters are taking to what are, quite frankly, unequivocally positive reports and more importantly from sources that are historically recognised as highly credible?

I'm not even talking about ehsanul who is clearly just on a wind-up. It's others who have displayed an entirely erroneous sense of intellectual superiority, by refusing to acknowledge information released by several members of the press we can at the very least rank as reliable, purely for the sake of doing so.

Dé jonge god

I'm curious to see how many people will go bananas once ManUtd make it official on the website and think a hacker is toying with the muppets.

sincher

Oh come off it.

Have you seen the extent of outright forced contrariness some posters are taking to what are, quite frankly, unequivocally positive reports and more importantly from sources that are historically recognised as highly credible?

I'm not even talking about ehsanul who is clearly just on a wind-up. It's others who have displayed an entirely erroneous sense of intellectual superiority, by refusing to acknowledge information released by several members of the press we can at the very least rank as reliable, purely for the sake of doing so.
Like I say, close but not done. That is what every credible source says. The only people declaring done are doing so as a deal is likely and they want to be first to do so. It is in fact glaringly obvious.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What's the first thing you're going to buy?

As if we've just plucked him from poverty and obscurity..... Wait he did come from Juve and Serie A so TMZ have a point...
I know, it was cringeworthy. I reckon he'll buy either a smart phone or a flatscreen TV first :eek:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Sad thing is all the hype and clamor over him, and apart from overpaying from him, hes not eve that good. Sadly all the actual world class players go to Madrid, barcelona, or Bayern, we just get the ones no one wants and pay well over the odds
Yes he is...stop talking nonsense. United have a model. Just like every club. Look at some of City's players......hello? We would have no problem with that but that's not how we're typically run.