Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
BLM protest in Bolton today. As expected there was also what I can only describe as a protest against anti racism too..? Usual chants of "ingerland" etc. cnuts.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand the far-right. How do you perform a Nazi salute while claiming to defend the statue of Churchill?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
By the way when he said that the EDL tweeted their agreement

You’ll forgive me for not giving two shits about what he has to say
You’re welcome to think what you want. I think the way he described anyone to the far side of either side and the way they attack their enemies and it makes them feel better is bang on.
There’s no need for such extremism either way, it only creates divide.

Wolverine

I see that we have reached the "these days, if you say you're English, they'll arrest you and throw you in jail" level of discourse

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If it was about respect then it would be white people removing or changing monuments because they recognise that they are an afront to black people and so are also an afront to them.
Aren't they removing the monuments of these slavers? Not sure what point you are trying to make.
It wouldn't be angry mobs scribbling "was a racist" on Winston Churchill or vandalising street signs that are part of people's homes/community, and that in some cases actually have no link to slavery at all, or people standing around literally guarding a statue for some reason.
We were originally talking about monuments of slavers, not any of these other situations. Let's chill with the straw men.
My mind boggles as to how anyone thinks these kinds of actions will bring about anything positive. It'll bring about Boris and the authorities rallying people against it.
They are taking them down. That's positive.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
"The cops don't just pull you out of your car man"
We literally have countless video evidence of cops murder non-threatening citizens for no crime. That's a sweeping generalization.

I watched from the point your link started to the end.
Yes, non-threatening citizens are killed by cops in USA. What I don't think happens, and pretty sure what he was saying is, you don't randomly get picked on by cops. There will be a reason you are pulled over and potentially killed as a consequence, innocent or not. That may be a reason unknown to the innocent victim. There will be outlier cases, as with anything. Countless video evidence? That's a bit exaggerated, no? There's about 1000 people killed by cops in the US each year.

It wasn't supposed to start at minute 8, that happened unknowingly. You did however watch 50 minutes of the video, and from that compare these two to Candance Owens.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I’ve no idea and was about to ask, seriously why are they attacking the police, wtf is going on?
They'll say they're there to protect statues and history etc, but by attacking police (who are actually there to protect statues and history etc), they're proving the point that they just fancied a day out and a scrap.

There's been no football, no euros, sun was shining, they needed to let the aggression out some way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm just surprised Brits are targeting Churchill. I thought he was one of your most beloved leaders?

jimmyb2000

This has nothing to do with statues, no.

It's a culture war and the utter cnuts trashing the streets of the capital of the country they claim to love in their fecking piss soaked Ben Sherman polo shirts out of their tits on gak are the emboldened far right underbelly of the UK.

For a long time the far right in Britain struggled to properly organise and mobilise because the UK was unique in that the strong piss streak of nationalism that ran through the country was undermined by the fact that the Nazis were the enemy and that created a strange cultural barrier.

No more. Open Nazi salutes would have been the preserve of Chelsea fans and their ilk and seen as fringe. Now white supremacy in Britain has aligned under the Brexit banner and our government of Etonian feudal lords and nouveaux cultural conservatives have enabled this.

This is the face of post Brexit Britain.
Out of interest what was your take on last weekend's protests and the attacks on the police.....is that the face of No Brexit?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Same reason they attack police outside football grounds, they are all off their heads on a thuggery rampage
Shitheads!

I feel sorry for uk police the last week, they’ve had it from blm the last week with rioting and battles, the shit this weekend with these thugs, (don’t know what else to call them) All the while being absolutely hammered online as being crap, pointless, racist, accused as being as bad as American police and tarred with same brush.

they’ve handled most things I’ve seen well in my opinion this last week, I think people should cut them some slack.

And I say all this as someone who has never been a great lover of the police.

One last thing while I’m mid rant, midweek I seen a poster say of the police When they handled something well they’re just doing their job,they don’t deserve praise, you don’t praise a fish for swimming or something along those lines. It’s a terrible attitude to have, if that poster had a new kitchen or garden I’d no doubt they’d praise the work if they were happy with it. Every profession deserves praise if they produce good work, aswell as the police.

There’s no respect at all and then people wonder why this shit happens

Virgil

Out of interest what was your take on last weekend's protests and the attacks on the police.....is that the face of No Brexit?
For me that is the saddest thing about today’s world. There is no middle ground. It’s all about extremes of both left and right. Might as well expunge compromise and conciliation from the dictionaries. They are defunct concepts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I absolutely despair at the state of this country.

What kind of knuckle dragging mouth breather sees people trying to fight for equality for black people and thinks “fecking hell we can’t have that, I have to get out and protest against it”.

Yet we’ve had plenty of people telling us the UK doesn’t have a racism issue.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

What kind of knuckle dragging mouth breather sees people trying to fight for equality for black people and thinks “fecking hell we can’t have that, I have to get out and protest against it”.

But both sides!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Literally this, people have spent the last week telling us that the U.K. doesn’t have a problem with racism.

Last edited: