Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Should give this to Ole. The way he watered down Raiola quotes and turned the player into performing at his best when we all thought it was a lost cause.
straight out of the SAF playbook, Ole got this pot on.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm just gonna say that whatever criticism people will level at Ole for his tactical setups I don't think there can be any debate that he's one of the best man managers in the game. In good periods, bad periods, indifferent periods, our players have always been pulling in the same direction and have been playing for Ole, that much is clear. He's clearly learnt many things from Sir Alex when it comes managing different personalities, but he hasn't simply copied the great man, instead, he's taken that knowledge and brought it into his own style. I think its the single biggest reason we have seen such a huge upturn in our form and I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves for the transformation it has had on many of the players.

On Pogba, the way he has handled the situation and the media has just been exceptional. He hasn't bought any of the bait, he hasn't thrown his player under the bus, instead he's clearly had a word with Pogba behind closed doors and challenged him to do his job for the team and now that's paying dividends. If this situation occurred under Mourinho, Pogba would have been cast aside, never to feature again and Jose would have done his typical media hatchet job to ensure the fans side with him in the whole incident, thus creating more division amongst players and fans.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So what is the actual status of his contract? I mean have united offered him and extension and he hasn't replied? or won't there be any negotiations at all, as in he's made up his mind?

If all this certainty is based on Raiola's comments, it wouldn't be the first time he actually ran his mouth off, would it? i mean he could also stand to make a healthy commission if pogba sings a new deal.

I'm just gonna say that whatever criticism people will level at Ole for his tactical setups I don't think there can be any debate that he's one of the best man managers in the game. In good periods, bad periods, indifferent periods, our players have always been pulling in the same direction and have been playing for Ole, that much is clear. He's clearly learnt many things from Sir Alex when it comes managing different personalities, but he hasn't simply copied the great man, instead, he's taken that knowledge and brought it into his own style. I think its the single biggest reason we have seen such a huge upturn in our form and I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves for the transformation it has had on many of the players.

On Pogba, the way he has handled the situation and the media has just been exceptional. He hasn't bought any of the bait, he hasn't thrown his player under the bus, instead he's clearly had a word with Pogba behind closed doors and challenged him to do his job for the team and now that's paying dividends. If this situation occurred under Mourinho, Pogba would have been cast aside, never to feature again and Jose would have done his typical media hatchet job to ensure the fans side with him in the whole incident, thus creating more division amongst players and fans.
I agree - and furthermore if Pogba does go this summer we will get a hell of a lot more money than if it was the Jose approach.

he managed the exits of Lukaku and Sanchez exceptionally as well.

CG1010

So what is the actual status of his contract? I mean have united offered him and extension and he hasn't replied? or won't there be any negotiations at all, as in he's made up his mind?

If all this certainty is based on Raiola's comments, it wouldn't be the first time he actually ran his mouth off, would it? i mean he could also stand to make a healthy commission if pogba sings a new deal.
Don't think there is any authentic info publically on this, but I am sure the club hasn't offered a contract extension to him. They must have (rightfully) become wary after his stinkers since the new season. Even now, if he continues his good form, I am not even sure if giving him a contract extension would be the right decision. He has shown himself to be a player who downs tools quite easily.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I agree - and furthermore if Pogba does go this summer we will get a hell of a lot more money than if it was the Jose approach.

he managed the exits of Lukaku and Sanchez exceptionally as well.
The way I see it, throwing players under the bus (which many of our fans seem to encourage) only ever serves to boost the manager's ego. There is nothing to gain from airing dirty laundry in public so the way Ole handles these things is just fantastic as it must be tempting sometimes to have a jab. Agree on the transfer fees received too, perhaps a contributing factor into why Jose never seemed to be able to shift our players for any money.

The way I see it, throwing players under the bus (which many of our fans seem to encourage) only ever serves to boost the manager's ego. There is nothing to gain from airing dirty laundry in public so the way Ole handles these things is just fantastic as it must be tempting sometimes to have a jab. Agree on the transfer fees received too, perhaps a contributing factor into why Jose never seemed to be able to shift our players for any money.
you are right, very little to gain from it. In any other role, a manager who does this would be sanctioned.

There are the rare examples of Tevez at City or Bogarde at Chelsea where the player should be publicly outed - but in most cases, as you say it only inflated a managers’ ego and is counterproductive to the club that employs him!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
true. Every change it’s to flush United out and get a better deal this summer.
Exactly. He desires to force |united's hand. Either to make them offer a new deal or a sell on his terms. Its best to plain ignore him and keep ones own counsel like United are doing. That's why I've found the constant back lash against Pobga as so silly. It should be obvious to anyone that since Pogba has only just returned to fitness after a long lay off last term and getting corvid this season a United would have been very stupid to offer him a new deal before seeing whether at his current age he could recapture his best form and fitness for a sustained period. There is really no good reason to rush into selling him or extending him till he has.
Furthermore I couldn't understand why anyone thought Pogba was supposed to be 'happy at united'. When his form and fitness had been well below par at the start of the season. So much so he had to start playing in wide positions to even step on pitch. Bad form that even started to show up for France. It should have been obvious to anyone he wasn't happy with himself and his situation and desired to improve and rightly so. but folks chose to buy Raiola's smoke and mirrors

AKDevil

Where is this faith coming from? Sadly I think VDB is that replacement and that is very underwhelming.
If it’s him then the replacement is there. I meant more that it’s not like he will go and not be replaced. Even if it is DVB, that’s fine. He’s hardly been able to contribute anything so far this season so will be equivalent of a new signing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-agree-decision-midfielders-future-hold.html

Guess this means we’ll just have to listen to speculation both ways until the end of the season, hopefully Raiola shuts the feck up and doesn’t rock the boat in any way so United and Pogba can genuinely go all out for the title as Pogba at his absolute best added to Fernandes could actually win us the title.
It's not surprising, he's probably gauging how close we are to winning trophies, it'll be a big gamble for his career whatever he chooses. If he thinks we're close I can see him wanting to stay, if we badly tail off then he'll probably look elsewhere.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Agreed, his man management is exceptional. He's also growing into the press conferences I feel.

Look at how he differs from Lampard for example. The first time Lampard has felt any pressure and he's lashing out at the media calling out individuals and their articles. Compare that to the pressure Ole has been under since day one especially when Poch was available and he's always maintained his positivity and dignity.

Ole has earned the player's respect with his management and is rightly reaping the benefits now.

Mr Smith

Very occasionally I do think there is something to be gained from it. If a player has not been pulling his weight in training or has done something that disrespects the club, then publicly criticising them can send a message that the behaviour in question is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. However in general I strongly agree; frequently criticising players has always struck me as a lack of wisdom and temperament. I think the way Ole handles these things is one of his best qualities.

Kajus

I’m done with this virus. Injured for 5 minutes and already talking shite through his fat feck of an agent.

DoomSlayer

I’m done with this virus. Injured for 5 minutes and already talking shite through his fat feck of an agent.
I pray for the day that FIFA limits or totally removes the influence of dirty fat ugly slimeballs like this guy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

At this point you just laugh.

Absolute bollocks I think. He acts on behalf of his clients, what he puts out there is calculated and will always be okayed first by the player.
Anyone who knows anything about Raiola surely realises he’s no fecking yes man servant.

He says what he thinks he should, he knows the mood of the player and if the player don’t like it, he can find a new agent. They don’t though, they know exactly what they are getting when they hire him.

Drainy

If we can get shot of him and pick up a proper deep lying playmaker / defensive midfielder we should see it as a good move for us.
Great talent but not worth the hassle every few months with his agent.

Anyone who knows anything about Raiola surely realises he’s no fecking yes man servant.

He says what he thinks he should, he knows the mood of the player and if the player don’t like it, he can find a new agent. They don’t though, they know exactly what they are getting when they hire him.
agreed. Every word, statement or post won’t be ok’d by Pogba.

they will have agreed a strategy, and an ideal outcome - and then Raiola will go off and try to get to that goal, any which way that pleases him.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
There's just some things a big club shouldn't put up with. Reminds me of how degenerates like Pepe & Marcelo made me have less respect for Real Madrid. This slimy pizza baker belongs in the same category. Let's buy a quality DM that doesn't have to be moved to the flanks in big games instead of getting rinsed by a fat barista.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Media loves this guy. Triggers our base every time he opens his mouth. So done with it. Cant wait till pogba signs a new deal and we continue this dance every window until he retires at the feckin club.

vanrooney

pogba is a top player and its a shame that he got injured again at a time where he was really showing what he is all about and we found a place in the team for him. for me he seems also quite likeable and like a good pro and team mate. raiola on the other hand is a dirty trickster but to be honest he does his job, and that quite well.

Godfather

How people still get wound up by him is beyond me. Let him talk. As long as Pogba does his job on the fiel I'm fine with it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I hope we sell Pogba and don’t get sucked into making him the highest paid player in england. let him go to a club where he will be happy and where he will no doubt look world class again. What are the odds if he stays he ends up like DDG on monster money but looking unhappy and the fans increasingly on his back for patchy performances. I think Bruno took his most effective spot in the team.

If we actually reinvest the money plus our standard transfer budget (whatever that is?) and go and try and fill 2 or 3 first team holes then that’s a silver lining for everyone. Will we do that though? I think we could be in for another frustrating summer in the market with pogbas transfer/contract being the clubs main focus. Sancho, a defender and a DM and we could mount a proper title challenge. 200 million minus the Pogba money. We aren’t far away but it needs 1 or 2 serious signings to push it over the top.

GazTheLegend

Media loves this guy. Triggers our base every time he opens his mouth. So done with it. Cant wait till pogba signs a new deal and we continue this dance every window until he retires at the feckin club.
With a plot twist like that M.Night Shylaman would be proud

BarstoolProphet

He's a really good player but I think he will have to go if we're to sign the likes of Grealish in this current environment. And I'm ok with that - Grealish is the better player. Still wish he would go out with a better relation to the club/fans, still feel like he's one of our own.

croadyman

If we can get shot of him and pick up a proper deep lying playmaker / defensive midfielder we should see it as a good move for us.
Great talent but not worth the hassle every few months with his agent.
Yeah that feels like it would be best for everyone