Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_the_Red99

After Martial, Sancho and Antony, surely we’re due for a big gamble on an attacking player to finally pay off? Because otherwise we’re just going to have to do it again next summer, and it’s getting kinda boring.

Walters_19_MuFc

72M? Wow!

People saying don't worry about the price, but I believe the reason so many of our new signings flop is due to their overinflated transfer fee that puts a lot of pressure from the get go.

If Hojlund comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, lets be honest, he'll be getting a lot of stick from the media and fans. Obviously not his fault that he's valued at that, but for 72M, we should be getting the finished article, in my opinion.

zaafi

He's gone from a 9 goal a season striker to potentially £72m (with addons) and our first choice striker.

My god, we really know how to over spend.

Really hoping ETH can see something we cant and he's a huge success.
He's quite obviously a huge talent. What do you mean by "hoping EtH can see something we can't"? I see massive potential.

Walters_19_MuFc

After Martial, Sancho and Antony, surely we’re due for a big gamble on an attacking player to finally pay off? Because otherwise we’re just going to have to do it again next summer, and it’s getting kinda boring.
Or just continue to produce academy products i.e. Rashford and Greenwood :(

Marcelinho87

72M? Wow!

People saying don't worry about the price, but I believe the reason so many of our new signings flop is due to their overinflated transfer fee that puts a lot of pressure from the get go.

If Hojlund comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, lets be honest, he'll be getting a lot of stick from the media and fans. Obviously not his fault that he's valued at that, but for 72M, we should be getting the finished article, in my opinion.
Partly agree but we have a manager now who can shield them and guide them, we didn't have that before.

His fee doesn't worry me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Who fecking cares about the money!
FFP restrictions. The fact we need 2 strikers this summer and fullbacks as well as a Casemiro backup

Expensive mistakes we can’t shift like Maguire and Sancho. I think money is important to our future success

Blood Mage

Or we could just stop gambling and sign established top class players like a big club should be doing?

Crimson King

72M? Wow!

Maybe we should start supporting our players more, rather than worrying about how much they cost and tearing into them on social media when they're struggling?

Just a thought.

Abraxas

If you pay 10 for something with a value of 1 today. If the value is 20 next year, you didnt get a good deal.

You lost out on 9
Except it was never for sale for 1. It was for sale for what the seller said it was for sale for.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The fact Hojlund was desperate to join us should have strengthened our negotiating position, so I seriously can't make sense of the fee. I know it's not my money but I do care about the club I support not being a laughing stock also.
Nope, not in the early days of his contract. Zero difference.

Rob67

'kin hell man.
Some people. So if he scores 30 goals per season for the next 12 years and helps us win Premier and Champions Leagues in that time, we've still overpaid?
Let's just welcome the lad, support him and wish him all the best.

TrueRed79

Lots of pressure with that fee and the fact most of us had not heard of him till we were interested. He does look like he has the tools to be a good signing. A lot to like based off the Youtube videos i have watched. Any of the analysis videos were complimentary to him as well. Fee will be meaningless if he is a success. The fact we spent so much on a relatively unproven player like him means the club has a lot of faith that he will be. Good luck to him. Wish him well....

Walters_19_MuFc

Partly agree but we have a manager now who can shield them and guide them, we didn't have that before.

His fee doesn't worry me.
I get what you mean, but again, I look at Antony, who was worth around 80M and he hasn't really produced, despite being managed by ten Hag.

It just seems when we go in for players, we always get fleeced.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Except it was never for sale for 1. It was for sale for what the seller said it was for sale for.
Its called negotiating. We are quite obviously not good at it

Dazzmondo

Even higher price than I thought it would be. Can't pretend that I'm too happy with it tbh. For that sort of cost I don't see the logic in not just paying the extra £50m for a world class striker like Kane or Osimhen. A lot of flaws in his game and I'm a bit unconvinced about his fit for our style tbh. His actual goalscoring is solid for his age but still not enough for what we need. He's going to need to improve extremely quickly. Anyway, similar to Mount despite being unconvinced I'm going to hope he does better than I expect.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Imagine if Amad and Hojlund go on to have world class careers 2 Atalanta players

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Højlund was never for sale, so it was only inevitable that United would have paid a large fee. Still, given that Atalanta secured El-Bilal Touré, I'd have thought that they could have reduced the fee a little further. I guess United didn't want to drag this on until the deadline.

Crimson King

Or we could just stop gambling and sign established top class players like a big club should be doing?
Have you seen how much they cost? Then you have to convince clubs to actually sell them.

Brighton want £100m for Caicedo who's only had one full season in the EPL.

Besides, Mount and Onana are both established players.

Abraxas

Its called negotiating. We are quite obviously not good at it
Be that as it may, it has little to do with whether it's good value if we buy him for a fee and then it doubles in value due to performance and development. Only the most anal analysis of the "theory" behind a transfer value over and above the actual reality could find this observation to be true.

Jev

Holy shit that's a bad deal for us. Hopefully he develops as hoped, but people should temper their expectations this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.