RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Show me where ive insulted someone :lol:, and your contributions to this thread just seem to be to moan at people who are trying to keep the thread on topic, how about having a go at the countless idiots taking it off topic every day?

Im not a mod and im not acting like one, im just trying to help keep the thread on topic, you seem to be having problems reading, do you want me to say it again?
You charming devil you

The Bloody-Nine

Has this been posted? That PoP weirdo is back.

When you fall of the horse, you have to get straight back on it again. And that horse was "Harry Kane". And Southampton is how we get past that. Because we were cheated out of a win, albeit in a game we didn't play particularly well in for 50 minutes. But we had the winning goal, and the refs were looking for a way to make a show. And make one they did. So now we get to go away, do better, and see what we get.

Things We Need To Look Out For

Firstly, referees. Who gets to ref our game might be more of a determinant of the final score than anything tactical or technical. If there was any justice, we'd get a ref who calls things a bit more decisively (make that "a LOT more decisively") than Culture Club and his mate. Having said that, even with decisive calls

Secondly, our shots and shots on target have seen a downward trend as the season has gone on, so will have to be ultra-clinical if this continues, otherwise we might have a frustrating afternoon again. Here are the trends so far:

*graphs*

So we're converting at a steady rate, but we're getting less shots on target as time goes on, and this has the potential to limit our goal margins.

Thirdly - given the shambles that was the refereeing errors against Spurs, you have to wonder if the defenders will overcompensate, and maybe cease to go into tackles in dangerous areas, or will let players run by rather than risk any contact. This is the sad curse of bad referees - it changes how teams play to something unrealistic. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Southampton

They don't have a great defence, conceding 1.46 goals per game, although we're not far off with 1.2. They don't get a lot of shots on target though, with 3.3 shots on target per game, which is good for 1 goal, on average. We're at 6.6, though, so a 2-1 game to us is not to be unexpected. But with our apparently declining shots on target per game trend, it could also be a tense 1-1. Perhaps they get lucky, and the gaping chasm in our defensive midfield for cleared balls gifts them another Wanyama special. On paper, they shouldn't be a huge threat (and we beat them 3-0 earlier in the season at home), but on the field, will we continue our slight downward trend, or will be buck it?

Fatigue

It was quite obvious that we were running on fumes in midfield and attack from the 60th minute onwards against Spurs. There could be many reasons for that, but is it something that we should begin worrying about right now? Or was it a one-off? We concede 58% of our goals in the second half, and 23% of them in the last 15 minutes. Are we as fit as we think we are, as a team? Or has the rotation only had a limited impact on our team-wide fatigue? Are our key players about ready to have a performance drop? Or are we just in a blip?

Outcome

The outcome of the game can come from different areas - we could get clinical again and finish all of our chances, or we could be fresh in the last minutes and hold on for victory. Southampton could be impotent and not threaten us once, or Karius could have the game of his life and drag us to a 1-0 win. Mane could find form and score a hat trick, or Salah could continue his streak and get a brace. Ultimately, it's hard to tell.

Could go either way, la.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Secondly, our shots and shots on target have seen a downward trend as the season has gone on, so will have to be ultra-clinical if this continues, otherwise we might have a frustrating afternoon again.
So we're converting at a steady rate, but we're getting less shots on target as time goes on, and this has the potential to limit our goal margins.
Good job, Einstein.

clarkydaz

i have to say, its widely accepted sequels never live up to expectations, but this return of Pop is Terminator 2 levels of greatness

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
So they've just started a new thread 'underrated and overrated players'

These are all from the the only 5 posts so far.

Overrated
Lallana
Dele Alli
Martial (overrated for his talent)
Greizmann
Owen
Fat Frank
Scholes
cRonaldo
Ozil
Sanchez
Giggs
Gazza

Underrated
Dembele
Can
Niguez (super rich clubs should be all over him but they're not)
Perisic
Firmino

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Don't worry, when there's rumours of Martial leaving or that he's unhappy with Jose or whatever, he'll be a cracking underrated player that deserves to be playing all the time.

The Bloody-Nine

He is obviously embarrassed after making a complete cnut of himself with his Swansea prediction. Doesn't have the swingers to put his neck on the line again.

Inter Yer Nan

Overrated
Lallana
Dele Alli
Greizmann
Owen
Fat Frank
Scholes
cRonaldo

Ozil
Sanchez
Giggs

Gazza

Underrated
Dembele
Can
Perisic
Firmino
Amazing how we are always better than them with nothing but overrated players and they are all underrated and truly world class.

The other day on my facebook two of them (they probably are rawk posters) were saying how only De Gea would get in their current matchday squad. I probed a little further and they said their 2008-2009 team was better than ours in every area and position and the only one they'd consider was Ronaldo but would decline as it meant Torres would see less of the ball. Benitez was also miles ahead of Fergie (who they said was the only reason we did ok). I asked how the feck were we so much better then and they just said we weren't and that Liverpool lacked luck. They genuinely believe it's been a quarter century or more of purely bad luck for them and good luck for us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
PoP said:
Because we were cheated out of a win, albeit in a game we didn't play particularly well in for 50 minutes. But we had the winning goal, and the refs were looking for a way to make a show. And make one they did.
Christ, even uber-analyst PoP Guardio,la can't put his bias aside.

podurban2

i have to say, its widely accepted sequels never live up to expectations, but this return of Pop is Terminator 2 levels of greatness
Did you read what he said about his time-out? He had to ”step away from football and rethink all he thought he knew”.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We're told to read RAWK during the night while RedCafe is down... :nervous:

Vanrouge

Scientists are still analyzing that gif.
Sir David Attenborough even commented: "Here we have a snapshot of the subspecies Delusionus dipperus, which demonstrates the incredible diversity found even within a tiny niche ecology of white males from a limited habitat in northwest England. The range of behaviours in such a small population is really quite remarkable."

Fridge chutney

Sir David Attenborough even commented: "Here we have a snapshot of the subspecies Delusionus dipperus, which demonstrates the incredible diversity found even within a tiny niche ecology of white males from a limited habitat in northwest England. The range of behaviours in such a small population is really quite remarkable."
:lol:

spwd

@The Bloody-Nine @spwd cop on lads. No one wants to see your shite anyway, we can agree on that.
Completely agree .

You charming devil you
Its not insulting, im just telling the truth, if they don’t get the idea of this thread and keep posting general Liverpool discussion, then they are idiots.

Anyway, I’ll shut up now.

Quote from: Xxavi on February 1, 2018, 05:06:06 PM
I like Rafa but if his long terms plan is to advance his career, his Newcastle work will not help him in his goal at all, unless his new goal is just to be a Premiership manager and join the likes of Pardew, Hodgson etc.

Rafa put himself in this situation where the best result would be his unharmed reputation. This job will not enhance his reputation as a top manager at all, at best, it won't damage it. Likely though, it has damaged it big time. From managing big clubs to managing in a lower league and then fighting a relegation battle... even if he wins it, this just doesn't help his top club ambitions.

Rawkite not havin that la!

You can feck off with that shit,in no way on earth can he ever be put in the same bracket as those two twats.

He is getting every bit out of the shite that cockney prick is forcing him to work with.
Rafa is a man of honour and high morals and will try his best to keep them up because of his respect for the fans.

Id agree, hes better than those two, but they do like to put him on a pedestal don’t they :rolleyes:

spwd

@Inter Yer Nan ,

Amazing how we are always better than them with nothing but overrated players and they are all underrated and truly world class.

The other day on my facebook two of them (they probably are rawk posters) were saying how only De Gea would get in their current matchday squad. I probed a little further and they said their 2008-2009 team was better than ours in every area and position and the only one they'd consider was Ronaldo but would decline as it meant Torres would see less of the ball. Benitez was also miles ahead of Fergie (who they said was the only reason we did ok). I asked how the feck were we so much better then and they just said we weren't and that Liverpool lacked luck. They genuinely believe it's been a quarter century or more of purely bad luck for them and good luck for us.

And yet they think were the delusional ones, oh and your last sentence can easily be explained by Fergies ever extending grip on the game, bless em.

Inter Yer Nan

Completely agree .

You can feck off with that shit,in no way on earth can he ever be put in the same bracket as those two twats.

He is getting every bit out of the shite that cockney prick is forcing him to work with.
Rafa is a man of honour and high morals and will try his best to keep them up because of his respect for the fans.

Id agree, hes better than those two, but they do like to put him on a pedestal don’t they :rolleyes:
It's amazing. I guess I respect their loyalty and affection towards him but it affects their judgement so much. I bet it's hard to get them to admit Fergie was better than Rafa and we know damn well Klopp is seen as an absolute genius and exactly what the media portray Pep as when Jose is an "outdated" shite manager. An outdated shite manager that's won multiple leagues, domestic cups and a europa league since King Kloppo won anything.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Is he paid by the word count? So much written, so little worth.
Im pretty sure it has something to do with his diet. Probably planned something wrong, which led up to that moment when he wrote that. Because when you write a lot of thoughts down really fast, the energy consumption-to-worth ratio gets off balance which would explain why the substance-levels in that particular post is effected negatively, and is not providing us with the creative and/or poetic-analysis we've become so custom to from him. But its a long season...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Im pretty sure it has something to do with his diet. Probably planned something wrong, which led up to that moment when he wrote that. Because when you write a lot of thoughts down really fast, the energy consumption-to-worth ratio gets off balance which would explain why the substance-levels in that particular post is effected negatively, and is not providing us with the creative and/or poetic-analysis we've become so custom to from him. But its a long season...
:lol::lol::lol:

Fridge chutney

I think it's just hard for United fans to accept that Liverpool is a superior club in all aspects. In fact even all United supporters agree unanimously, and this is proof:

That's why every current and ex match going Manc I know hates watching them (United). People might counter with "its the trophies people remember" but I'd rather be doing something else than spending time and money on that dirge he serves up (Mourinho).

Fridge chutney

The powers of deduction are strong at Rawk. On the Sanchez tax evasion news:

If anything i guess this shows enough proof that he was after money. Too much for united fans claiming he chose them for football reasons

Fridge chutney

In addition to in-house Sherlocks, Rawk is also home to brilliant comedians. On the Jose Old Trafford atmosphere comments:

Exec: So we're all here today to dicuss the atmosphere.
Fan1: to be honest it's probably the fact we play like stoke
Fan2: Yeah it's been really bad since Jose came in let's be honest. We cant really get that excited about the hoof it up to 'elbows' tactics when we're 1-0 down to burnley at home.
Jose hiding in a cupboard: Boooooooo!
Must be that famous 'Scouse humour' i keep being told about...

Fridge chutney

Lastly, there is so much delusion, hyperbole and bitterness on that forum it's not really fun to take the piss. But the bolded demonstrates a particularly hilarious lack of self-awareness in light of 'Spursgate'.

As the weeks go by - Mourinho is my favourite opposition manager.

The tumescent shite football they play - even when they crush teams that roll over for them - is hilariously shite.

It's interesting listening to their real fans - that actually go to the game and compare it with their johnny-come-lately internet warrior fans. The tone of the discussion couldn't be any more different. It's like watching a schizophrenic wombat trying to get the top off a tube of toothpaste.

Brilliant stuff. Mourinho - make them shite. Blame the fans. Blame the players. Blame the club. Blame the refs. Blame the media and keep ripping off the club. What a guy!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Good God, y'all...

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Suixt

Supports
Chelsea

Overrated
Lallana
Dele Alli
Greizmann
Owen
Fat Frank
Scholes
cRonaldo

Ozil
Sanchez
Giggs

Gazza

Underrated
Dembele
Can
Perisic
Firmino
I guess Can will move to the Overrated list in June

Last edited by a moderator:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
When we beat them next Wednesday that place will be quite the meltdown. Can't wait!

EyeInTheSky

This has absolutely been done to death, but there's still so many questions about it

Why is the ginger lad not even watching.
Why does Glasses boy react so ridiculously late
Why has some guy taken a a dummy with no head on and kitted it out with the shirt
Where are the hat guy and bald guy going? Synchronised woe?

Only just spotted the kid on the left who just turns to leave
Never noticed the headless Santa in the middle :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.