RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedoubleyou

I don't really care who sings what. I don't like the fact that the Liverpool fans and the media report that Liverpool have won the Champions League 5 times, because they haven't. It's lazy and inaccurate. You can say they have been European champions five times, but not Champions league winners five times.
They've rebadged it you fool

Jinn

Odds are they gonna win the CL...I just fecking know it.
Another Istanbul type of match.

stevoc

It really pisses me off when they say they won the CL 5 times, they have not...they won the CL once and the European Cup four times, which is a completely different beast. It was a much easier competition to win back then and the format has totally changed and the name has changed to reflect the difference.
Easier to win maybe but much harder to qualify for to be fair.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Actually, it really pisses me off when people try to discredit the European Cup. If you are European Cup or CL Winner means you deserved to be Champion of Europe by beating all the best team in Europe. Some of the reason why it was even harder to win.

1) It was harder to enter (Only Champions).
2) The other leagues were better (For Example Red Star Belgrade & Steaua Bucuresti winning with the best players from their countries and not all top players playing in the top 5 leagues)
3) No massive TV money for the top leagues.

So tell me how it is easier to win the competition at that time?

Anyway in 5 years time when UEFA decides to change name of the competition again to UEFA Superleague then they should list :

Liverpool
European Cup Winner 4 Time
UCL Winner 1 or 2 Time
UEFA Superleague Winner ?

They should also name the different league cup competition. Coca Cola Cup Winner, Worthington Cup Winner, Carling Cup Winner.

While we are it, Uruguay should not be named as World Cup Winner. The first World Cup was not the same format as now.
Totally agree. Liverpool have won it five times.

devil in me

It really pisses me off when they say they won the CL 5 times, they have not...they won the CL once and the European Cup four times, which is a completely different beast. It was a much easier competition to win back then and the format has totally changed and the name has changed to reflect the difference.
Meh, of all the things that they do, this is the least annoying. We claim 3 times, plus 20 times. No different tbh.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The most annoying thing about their "Five times, la" bollocks is their complete and utter disregard for good English grammar in their chants:

"We won it fiiiiiiiiive times,
In Istanbul,
We won it five times."

No you didn't, you bellends, you won it once in Istanbul and you won it for the fifth time there.

I can't fecking stand those knuckledraggers.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
It doesn't matter one bit what they say.
They will feel that we are a weaker side they can beat without major issues.

Their arrogance will shine through, of this I have no doubt.

And then the red avalanche will start to rumble.
And then they'll need to do everything and more just to keep up.

And then that moment when fear and doubt creep in, that breaking point just before the huge red wave crashes on their heads.

montpelier

I'm as bad for bringing this here to quote (it's not like it's any good or anything) - but it's just so fantastically small-time & mean, :lol:.
It's from line 11 of their 7 part match preview.

Everton, a club which will soon have won as many Merseyside Derbies this century as Liverpool have played European finals

montpelier

this is a bit more like it but someone's had it away with the hill, :(

There is only one straight, unbroken road upon which Jürgen Klopp and Joe Fagan, Mohammed Salah and Ian Rush, Jordan Henderson and Graeme Souness, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters who support and have supported this club, are all walking, albeit 34 years apart. And when you look at it like that, Liverpool no longer seem like quite such an underdog in this final.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
:lol: I am very stressed out due to being up since 4 am revising for my final University exam at 9am. But some of these last few posts have got me relaxed now.

Because I know that no matter how badly this exam goes, I will still be in a much better position than some of them clowns over at Rawk.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
:lol: I am very stressed out due to being up since 4 am revising for my final University exam at 9am. But some of these last few posts have got me relaxed now.

Because I know that no matter how badly this exam goes, I will still be in a much better position than some of them clowns over at Rawk.
Nothing like a bit of rawk meltdown to sort your head out.
Good luck

Irrational.

They're going to do it against Real Madrid, I can just feel it. :(

They've been stupidly underestimated by every European opponent they've faced, with brash and gung-ho tactics like we saw from the likes of Roma and Man City which is food and drink to this Liverpool side. They force mistakes and punish you within the blink of an eye.

The way to shut them down is to stop them pressing in the final third and shut them down, picking them off on the break - whether that's through a long ball or a quick transition.

Sadly, I cannot see Real doing that.

Think I'll be more devastated seeing a Liverpool victory than our defeat last weekend. Just hoping they choke on the big stage.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
They're going to do it against Real Madrid, I can just feel it. :(

They've been stupidly underestimated by every European opponent they've faced, with brash and gung-ho tactics like we saw from the likes of Roma and Man City which is food and drink to this Liverpool side. They force mistakes and punish you within the blink of an eye.

The way to shut them down is to stop them pressing in the final third and shut them down, picking them off on the break - whether that's through a long ball or a quick transition.

Sadly, I cannot see Real doing that.

Think I'll be more devastated seeing a Liverpool victory than our defeat last weekend. Just hoping they choke on the big stage.
Wrong thread. Move along please.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Unfortunately, the same cant be said about the comments that follow the gif.
I’m going to have immaculate behaviour for the next decade, be really helpful to Niall, earn promotion to moderator and ban you for this comment alone. Watch your back.

prateik

I’m going to have immaculate behaviour for the next decade, be really helpful to Niall, earn promotion to moderator and ban you for this comment alone. Watch your back.
Not if I get there first. I know for a fact that Niall is more anti Pexbo than anti me.

SteveJ

Scout
It could only be...RAWK's CL Final preview:
RAWK said:
There’s a scene in the film The Shawshank Redemption, where Tim Robbins’ character commandeers a record player, places it in front of the prison intercom and locks the door so that Wiley, the Corrections Officer supervising him, can’t get in. Then he flips the switch and suddenly the corridors and cells of the bleakest place imaginable — the plate shop, the laundry line, the wood shop, the kitchen, the loading dock, the exercise yard — are filled with the exquisite sounds of Mozart’s Canzonetta Sull’aria. The movie script describes Andy Dufresne’s reaction to the music as follows: “Andy sinks into Wiley’s chair, overcome by its beauty”.

It isn’t long before the warden shows up and, through the glass of the locked door, commands his prisoner to “open the door…open it up!” Then “turn that off!” The smile on Andy’s face momentarily dims at this intrusion of grim reality. He sits up, shifts uncomfortably and fidgets with his hands, perhaps considering the consequences of not obeying. The blissful smile now replaced with a frown, he leans over and reaches towards the record player, then hesitates. “I am warning you Dufresne, turn that off!” comes the command again, and you’re sure that he’s about to meekly comply. Instead, he reaches for the volume and turns it up while looking the warden dead in his eyes, the smile now returned to his face.

Personally, I’m at the point where I’ve considered turning the music off and now I’m doubling down. It’s easy to be pessimistic. It’s easy to focus on the enormity of what’s at stake and how difficult it will be to achieve, and the sense of disappointment that will surely follow if Liverpool lose. But there are 2 key points to remember: (a) there’s nothing more exciting in football than your team being in a European Cup final, nothing; and (b) this is the only part of the experience that’s guaranteed, right here. I’ve fallen prey myself to thoughts of Real Madrid dominating the game, doing what AC Milan did so many times in 2005 and opening Liverpool up at will, but honestly, what’s the point? This is not the time for worrying, this is the time for dreaming. Otherwise, if the worst does happen, the only memories we’ll be left with, out of the whole experience of Liverpool reaching club football’s biggest occasion once again, will be defined by fear and worry followed by crushing disappointment.

“Dufresne, you're mine now” the sadistic Captain Hadley leers, tapping the glass with his baton. But what does it matter if, like Andy Dufresne, we get the equivalent of 2 weeks in the hole afterwards for daring to dream? If Andy had “Mr. Mozart to keep me company”, then we too will have some worthy companions to remember fondly, whatever comes to pass on the 26th. So enjoy these moments, be proud, defiant, and hope these lads do the same. The last time Liverpool played Real Madrid, then-manager Brendan Rodgers saw fit to rest key players, a controversial move that many took to be a tacit acceptance of defeat. Whatever else it was, it suggested fear. I expect nothing of the sort this time, the only acceptance of anything by these Redmen, hopefully, being that of a big silver trophy by Jordan Henderson.

SteveJ

Scout
Alas, there is more...
RAWK said:
And fans of other clubs will watch, and whether they wish us well or ill we will not care, coz they're not there. And years from now we'll ask them, as we'll ask Coutinho, where were you in Kiev? And they will bow their heads low, with no words to hide their shame.

SteveJ

Scout
And more...
RAWK said:
Yet when Ric Flair uttered those words, it struck a chord with me and to this day I still believe it to be true. No, not the WOOOOOOO part, although it is my go to phrase when I orgasm.

Chairman Steve

I’ve never seen a set of fans to make lame sanctimonious poetry about football. If Utd got a CL final I’d be just be like “yeah awesome let’s try win the thing and cap off a good season” compared to “‘Twas a late summers night in May and the Pharoah Mo gazed into the sky to see the almighty Robbie Fowler and proceeded to suckle his bosom, to which the almighty whispered into the young pharaohs ear, you’re gonna take Marcelo to the cleaners la”

Reactions: SteveJ

1974_Fergie_Time

Seeing some of the online papers i dont remember this much pro stuff about us when we were going into our 3rd CL final in 4 years - refuse to read it just now but if it goes in our favour on Saturday night it's all going to make good reading that's for sure

montpelier

I'm rather afraid that it's been ordained in the cosmological temporal vortex of the pantheon of six, meself. - :(.

But that bloke with no head is really strange innit? - :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

montpelier

I am very confident. Madrid's arrogance will be there downfall.
The one thing that scared the well drilled Roman legions was the Furor Teutonicus, the proverbial ferocity of the German tribes. Well Madrid, it's coming your way next week

Last edited:

Kapardin

I am very confident. Madrid's arrogance will be there downfall.
He is confident of winning and he says Madrid are arrogant? The irony.

If anything, Ronaldo has stated they will respect Liverpool and praised their front 3. The media are all wanking over Liverpool potentially beating Madrid.

montpelier

Jurgen vs. Jose - featuring a brainy-sounding but hopelessly doomed interloper trying to blind PoP II with the appliance of some science

There is also another process (emotional) that affects all systems (families, communities, relationships) --- its called isomorphism.

Isomorphism is a type of parallel process, often running unconsciously, where energy is taken by the system and leaks into others. It can be positive energy or neutral or negative. The issue with collective fatigue is how the load is shared and expressed.

The best example I can give describing an isomorphic process is this:
Family example - follow how energy flows here
1. Head of family gets warning at work that performance is lagging
2. Head of family comes homes and gets in argument with spouse (1st leak)
3. Spouse admonishes children for bothering parents during a discussion (2nd leak)
4. Children leave the room and find the family dog, admonishing the dog (3rd leak)
5. Dog goes outside and tries to barks at the mailman
The energy can be reversed or neutralized at any level by the Head of Family, Spouse, Children, Pet or Mailman...

doomed interloper continues...
The problem of negative energy is that it is contagious, largely unconscious when externalizing on another and a common pathway to express frustration. Also, it must be recognized for what it is --- unresolved emotional residue leaking into a new system.

How this relates to Liverpool football club, Jurgen Klopp and collective group efforts in team sports is much less likely to be a problem.
Jurgen will use humor, crediting, relaxed responses to reactive stimuli and be ready to make sure every level of his team system actively leaks positivity!!!!

As a former family scientist, this is another reason why I am so grateful to have Kloppo as our gaffer!!!

and this is PoP II getting to the heart of it...
Interesting stuff mate. I knew of this, just not the term. I learned about it in management training. It was called the ***** cascade. Can't remember the first word. I told her in Belfast we simply said "shit always rolls downhill" but she didn't respond. Probably didn't understand the accent

I actually think it annoyed her that a working class group had identified the same occurrence and had a term that worked both as a metaphor and also perfectly described the situation to be easily understood by anybody and yet she was dedicating 30 minutes explaining this to a bunch of university grads (+ me) and making it sound as complicated as possible when it was really simple.

And yes, I agree. Klopp is great with the psychology side of things and keeping his players in the right frame of mind to maximise their thought processes and stresses on the pitch. "the defeat is my responsibility" "Karius wasn't ready, that was my fault, not his".

Mourinho, for all his praise in terms of psychology, must be an absolute nightmare for exactly this reason. The shit never stops with him, he's always looking for hills to set it in motion. The fecking c*nt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.