RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol:

They’re awfully quiet tonight by the way.

The Purley King

You say Klopp's cool, he's no fool but then he winds up getting sacked from Liverpool. So now he's unemployed crying in the tabloids, walking around like gegenpressings gone void. Turned to slip up kid but look what he done did, let him join the coaching staff should have gone to Madrd. Drinking whisky from a bottle in a brown paper bag spending the next 2 years on rawk pretending to be a disgruntled rag.
I presume that must be a song?
Excuse my ignorance, musics not my thing what song is it?

Bwuk

Remember when Lukaku was a lumbering oaf.

They would love a forward like him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Fluent RAWKese:

The Klopp era seems to be kicking in bigtime.

Champions League. Being able to say No to Real Madrid and Barca, luring players we want, spending what we want, but bringing youth through while other managers toss around monopoly money.

Klopp makes my old man nostalgic for the Shankly days of "run through a brick wall for the team". I see it. He is a spiritual manager, a motivator, a legend in the making,

A cult of personality.

Teamwork is defined by adding up to more than the sum of its parts. To me, Klopp excels at drawing strengths out of players and seeing where new recruitment is needed.

Buying isn't what he does, he recruits for a project. He steers the ship, and he isn't after mercenaries.

Red is becoming his colour. When you see our trophy cabinet at Anfield, you just feel it - destiny. The method begets the results.

Football as a sport may be a quick, lazy cash grab business, but when it comes to boots on grass, I'm excited. It's a buzz feeling jigsaw pieces falling into place. It's a lovely satisfying feeling understanding club decisions and the delight of seeing them pay off.

It is especially pleasurable seeing a commitment to ideals which are a sanctuary from the easy and quick shortcuts of much of modern culture.

I believe we have found The Way.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rafa rants about fake news Russian collusion:

Peanut Butter

We're officially a good side again and worrying the RAWK idiots.

I can tell because a few of them are wheeling out the "Utd are a one man team" quotes again :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Fluent RAWKese:
That's probably the most typical kind of post from RAWK I've seen posted in these threads over the years, only marginally modified to fit the specificities of Rafa, Kenny, Brendan and now this guy.

trfc06

Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Credit to Lukaku, he's doing the business for them so far. He doesn't have much quality on the ball and rarely gets involved in the build-up but he uses his size well and is effective in front of goal. I still wouldn't take him as a starter here, as he doesn't have the touch, mobility or passing. An option to come on and change a game, yeah
Their TOP goalscorer last season got 14 in the whole season, Lukaku gets 10 in the first 9 games and he is still shit and they wouldn't have him (is that because he wants to win things, they couldn't afford him, or his wages?)

And Phil must be made up that he avoided struggling Barca as they all claimed. I mean they have only won every game this season and top the league and their CL group. And he wouldn't like the fact that they have only conceded 2 goals in all games till now, he likes "climbing the hill in or own way" doesn't he? (by tne way, all that means is "we lose a lot") He defo dodged a bullet there, must thank his lucky stars every day

And this beauty re their CL game

The important stat from the night is this: xG – Spartak 0.1 v Liverpool 2.6
And here was me thinking the important stats from the game was 1-1 and 2 points dropped?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I'm just going to take this time to relax post nightshift, beer in hand, watching all the CL highlights and just basking in the salt coming from Liverpool.

One of my patients last night was into football, he was a Liverpool fan, I spoke as I was examining:

Me: 'Oh dear, sorry to say I'm a United fan'
Pt: 'Oh I see, can I have a different physician please? [joking]'
Me: 'Yeah the other guy is an Everton fan, would you like me to fetch him?'
Pt: *laughs*
Me: 'I don't know if you're following the scores tonight, but United are 3-0 up away in Moscow, just thought you'd like to know'
Pt: *chuckles* 'It won't last long!'

5 minutes pass and an alert on my phone informs me of Mhkitaryan's 4th. I go out of my way to go to his room, pop my head in:

Me: '4-0 now'
Pt: '...feck sake. Thanks.'

Love it. He was a good sport at least.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm just going to take this time to relax post nightshift, beer in hand, watching all the CL highlights and just basking in the salt coming from Liverpool.

One of my patients last night was into football, he was a Liverpool fan, I spoke as I was examining:

Me: 'Oh dear, sorry to say I'm a United fan'
Pt: 'Oh I see, can I have a different physician please? [joking]'
Me: 'Yeah the other guy is an Everton fan, would you like me to fetch him?'
Pt: *laughs*
Me: 'I don't know if you're following the scores tonight, but United are 3-0 up away in Moscow, just thought you'd like to know'
Pt: *chuckles* 'It won't last long!'

5 minutes pass and an alert on my phone informs me of Mhkitaryan's 4th. I go out of my way to go to his room, pop my head in:

Me: '4-0 now'
Pt: '...feck sake. Thanks.'

Love it.
:lol:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Their TOP goalscorer last season got 14 in the whole season, Lukaku gets 10 in the first 9 games and he is still shit and they wouldn't have him (is that because he wants to win things, they couldn't afford him, or his wages?)

And Phil must be made up that he avoided struggling Barca as they all claimed. I mean they have only won every game this season and top the league and their CL group. And he wouldn't like the fact that they have only conceded 2 goals in all games till now, he likes "climbing the hill in or own way" doesn't he? (by tne way, all that means is "we lose a lot") He defo dodged a bullet there, must thank his lucky stars every day

And this beauty re their CL game

And here was me thinking the important stats from the game was 1-1 and 2 points dropped?

They love their stats but this is what should be worrying them, they are on course for a 70 point finish this year unless they buck their ideas up with their current points per game.
Even if they repeat their performance from last last year from here on in (which is the best they can hope for as they haven't improved their side at all),they will only end up with 73 points, which would have seen them 6th last year.

There is nothing to suggest they are any better than last year, while City and United and arguably Chelsea are far stronger.

Then there is Spurs, who are just straight up a better team than Liverpool, so unless they win the champions league or UEFA cup, they won't be playing CL next year.

stevoc

Fluent RAWKese:
The Klopp era seems to be kicking in bigtime.

Champions League. Being able to say No to Real Madrid and Barca, luring players we want, spending what we want, but bringing youth through while other managers toss around monopoly money.

Klopp makes my old man nostalgic for the Shankly days of "run through a brick wall for the team". I see it. He is a spiritual manager, a motivator, a legend in the making,

A cult of personality.

Teamwork is defined by adding up to more than the sum of its parts. To me, Klopp excels at drawing strengths out of players and seeing where new recruitment is needed.

Buying isn't what he does, he recruits for a project. He steers the ship, and he isn't after mercenaries.

Red is becoming his colour. When you see our trophy cabinet at Anfield, you just feel it - destiny. The method begets the results.

Football as a sport may be a quick, lazy cash grab business, but when it comes to boots on grass, I'm excited. It's a buzz feeling jigsaw pieces falling into place. It's a lovely satisfying feeling understanding club decisions and the delight of seeing them pay off.

It is especially pleasurable seeing a commitment to ideals which are a sanctuary from the easy and quick shortcuts of much of modern culture.

I believe we have found The Way.
Liverpool Football Club, on the cusp of greatness since 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.