RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
The bolds aren't mine. They're in proper weird places. Anyway, time to post this epic...

This nonsense about Liverpool not being able to challenge again next season

Before I start, I just want to say how chuffed I am to hear our manager say the same things in a post match interview, the same things that I am about to echo again here. For you. For us. For the competition.

He speaks a lot of sense a lot of the time Brendan in this football world of utter nonsense.

Now to the thread title....

I keep hearing and seeing this all over, mainly from rival supporters....but I've also picked up on it in the media. Its started.

It all seemed to start immediately after the Chelsea game. (How convenient)

You know, you've probably heard it yourselves by now:

"This was our best chance, next season will be different, more games for Liverpool with the Champions League, other teams will improve" etc etc etc

What people fail to mention (because it suits them not to right about now) is that, of course Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc etc will all add to their squads. Of course they will......

BUT. SO. WILL. WE.

(Thats the FIRST point Rodgers made.)

What people also fail to mention at this moment in time, is the same thing applies to all those teams around us. How could Arsenal be 1st this season for so long with all those extra games? How could Man City win the league with all those extra games in Europe? Why aren't Chelsea sitting in 7th right now because they got to the Champions League semi-finals?

Its absolute rubbish to target us with. Rubbish.

Look at the last 18 months or so we have had in this league. Look at it!

With what we have.

Did any of us seriously think before this season started we'd be up there challenging till the last-fecking-day?

No, most of our expectations were top 4. We were made to believe and dream big once again because of THIS team. We didn't go into this season believing that - THIS team MADE us believe it, they forced us to believe and dream, in a world that told us otherwise. THEY made it seem possible. It was possible because of THEM.

We've exceeded those original expectations and done INCREDIBLE with what we have. With what we HAVE and what we have in comparison to Man City's overall team is not a lot. Yet we pushed them (beat them once, hard done by at the Etihad) all the way and if it wasn't for us slipping up, we would of won the whole thing with what we HAVE....and that what we HAVE can STILL be improved on.

Don't forget this.

(Thats the SECOND point Rodgers made after the game.)

There is still plenty of room for improvement and the key thing is our manager knows where it is, butmost importantly he knows very well and understands there is room for that improvement. Improvement on THIS team......a team just 3 points from winning the league.

Our defence can be improved. But with THAT defence, yes.....THAT defence......we nearly won the league!?! THAT defence can be improved on. The squad can be improved on.

We will improve it.

What then? What if we concede less goals and still score the same amount of goals? What if our squad is improved on and it is deep enough and good enough to handle the extra games?

If anything, all this nonsense coming from rival supporters right about now, confirms one thing to me and one thing only.....and its the most important thing and all I need to know.

They are worried.

We are Liverpool.

They. ARE. Worried.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:19:07 AM by The 5th Benitle »
Hey, re posting this is MY job :D

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Subtle Joke of the Week:

Someone will write a book about what the f*ck happened to us between the seasons.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
The bolds aren't mine. They're in proper weird places. Anyway, time to post this epic...

This nonsense about Liverpool not being able to challenge again next season

Before I start, I just want to say how chuffed I am to hear our manager say the same things in a post match interview, the same things that I am about to echo again here. For you. For us. For the competition.

He speaks a lot of sense a lot of the time Brendan in this football world of utter nonsense.

Now to the thread title....

I keep hearing and seeing this all over, mainly from rival supporters....but I've also picked up on it in the media. Its started.

It all seemed to start immediately after the Chelsea game. (How convenient)

You know, you've probably heard it yourselves by now:

"This was our best chance, next season will be different, more games for Liverpool with the Champions League, other teams will improve" etc etc etc

What people fail to mention (because it suits them not to right about now) is that, of course Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United etc etc will all add to their squads. Of course they will......

BUT. SO. WILL. WE.

(Thats the FIRST point Rodgers made.)

What people also fail to mention at this moment in time, is the same thing applies to all those teams around us. How could Arsenal be 1st this season for so long with all those extra games? How could Man City win the league with all those extra games in Europe? Why aren't Chelsea sitting in 7th right now because they got to the Champions League semi-finals?

Its absolute rubbish to target us with. Rubbish.

Look at the last 18 months or so we have had in this league. Look at it!

With what we have.

Did any of us seriously think before this season started we'd be up there challenging till the last-fecking-day?

No, most of our expectations were top 4. We were made to believe and dream big once again because of THIS team. We didn't go into this season believing that - THIS team MADE us believe it, they forced us to believe and dream, in a world that told us otherwise. THEY made it seem possible. It was possible because of THEM.

We've exceeded those original expectations and done INCREDIBLE with what we have. With what we HAVE and what we have in comparison to Man City's overall team is not a lot. Yet we pushed them (beat them once, hard done by at the Etihad) all the way and if it wasn't for us slipping up, we would of won the whole thing with what we HAVE....and that what we HAVE can STILL be improved on.

Don't forget this.

(Thats the SECOND point Rodgers made after the game.)

There is still plenty of room for improvement and the key thing is our manager knows where it is, butmost importantly he knows very well and understands there is room for that improvement. Improvement on THIS team......a team just 3 points from winning the league.

Our defence can be improved. But with THAT defence, yes.....THAT defence......we nearly won the league!?! THAT defence can be improved on. The squad can be improved on.

We will improve it.

What then? What if we concede less goals and still score the same amount of goals? What if our squad is improved on and it is deep enough and good enough to handle the extra games?

If anything, all this nonsense coming from rival supporters right about now, confirms one thing to me and one thing only.....and its the most important thing and all I need to know.

They are worried.

We are Liverpool.

They. ARE. Worried.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:19:07 AM by The 5th Benitle »
what is wrong with their brains

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Quote from: Crackerjack Sam on Today at 04:26:50 PM
Mid table entities. That is what we are. Mid table entities. Well done Palace, excellent from Warnock and the lads.

Here goes. I won't watch Wednesday's game. I can't put myself through the foolishness we displayed here today, again. I am absolutely tired of the consistent failure year after year.
The team and manager need prayer. A miracle! Because for too long we as fans have had to endure this nonsense.
Kneejerk? Spare me!

Aporkalypse

Surprised there isn't a campaign to have Brad Jones contract terminated for that blatant act of disrespect.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I tell you what, as much as Im enjoying the dippers free fall, I can empathize with Brendan there. Ive had that look before on my face when coaching. Constantly scanning the players making a mental checklist of what the feck went wrong its a lonely place let me tell you (albeit on a much smaller scale but still)
You just want the whistle to go and get the feck out of there, there would be no sleeping that night and a lot of second guessing going on.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I tell you what, as much as Im enjoying the dippers free fall, I can empathize with Brendan there. Ive had that look before on my face when coaching. Constantly scanning the players making a mental checklist of what the feck went wrong its a lonely place let me tell you (albeit on a much smaller scale but still)
You just want the whistle to go and get the feck out of there, there would be no sleeping that night and a lot of second guessing going on.
When's the autobiography out mate?

Gopher Brown

It's amazing how quickly the saviour can turn into a pariah. All of them calling for Benitez to return have conveniently forgotten about their treatment of him last time around. It's the Scouse boom and bust chart in action again.

Zoo

Re: Liverpool's Defence
« Reply #3122 on: Today at 04:00:25 PM »

Lovren is our worst ever signing, and I'm being serious. At least with other big signings you could see something in them, even if it wasn't enough. He's completely fecking awful.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Cannot wait, there's been a gaping hole in top class management commentary since Fergie's book.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The pressures of under 9's football. I feel for you pal