g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
RAWKite in denial said:
The Macheda goals are like the Gerrard slip.

Neither responsible for directing the title to it's destination, just events that happen at the arse end of the season.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Never mind them, what in gods name is wrong with Ben fecking Smith.
Doing a mate a favour, I expect.

And I promised I wouldn't post another quote, but I can't keep that promise. Not in the face of this.

"He’s footballing Chaos, terrifying opponents, taking the expected football universe off its axis and realigning the reality of defenders into a far darker place where all the old certainties dissolve into a primordial swamp"

Luis Suárez has reached a pact with the random. He will do its bidding and it will do his. Luis Suárez plays every moment of the game as though it is its own moment; crystalline, pure. For Luis Suárez the game is afoot. The game is always afoot. It is here and it is now and therefore we play and we play and we play and we play and we play. And we win. And we win and we win and we win and we win. Or we die trying.

Luis Suárez is the best footballer at dealing with random I’ve ever seen. Luis Suárez doesn’t just expect the unexpected, Luis Suárez is the unexpected. He’s footballing Chaos, terrifying opponents, taking the expected football universe off its axis and realigning the reality of defenders into a far darker place where all the old certainties dissolve into a primordial swamp and instead the hindbrain twitches with fear.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
We lost the league by a point once, second time in the 90+ minute of the last day. Surely, someone would've tried to make a buck out of that by releasing the book, I don't know..."I dreamed a dream of a thousand dreams", or something. Or it just has to be that specific crowd...

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm reading and I'm cringing uncontrollably. And I cringe and I cringe and I cringe and I cringe and I cringe.
Before. During. After.
Subject. Verb. Object.

Embarrassing.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
That book must be like the T-shirts (not the racist supporting ones, the Premier league champions 13/14 ones) it must have been written as a book to celebrate the title and when Gerrard accidently took to the pitch in his carpet slippers instead of his boots and gifted Demba Ba with a one on one, the auther must have changed the title and the ending to the book and realeased it anyway, after he's stopped crying presumabley

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Their logic regarding goal scoring productivity is really bizarre. Apparently since they scored 101 goals last season and Suarez scored 31 of them, they will score at least 70 this season. That is, however, before you add Remy, Lallana and Lambert's goals. With them the number goes to well over 100. I've seen it in several different threads and from several different members. Nobody seems to doubt its validity.
We've got our fair share of idiots around here but if someone makes a post like that he'd get laughed at for days.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I know someone who spent around 2 grand on all Liverpool 2014 Premiership champions merchandise after the City game to sell on for a profit. The only penny he made was of me when i got a t -shirt saying " Liverpool 2014 premiership champions " that i wore for 5 a side against all my kopite mates and family. Glorious it was.

Manucho the boss

I know someone who spent around 2 grand on all Liverpool 2014 Premiership merchandise to sell on for a profit. The only penny he made was of me when i got a t -shirt saying " Liverpool 2014 premiership champions " that i wore for 5 a side against all my kopite mates and family. Glorious it was.
After they beat city they were 1/5 to win the league, if he was smart he could have locked in a profit using betfair.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Their logic regarding goal scoring productivity is really bizarre. Apparently since they scored 101 goals last season and Suarez scored 31 of them, they will score at least 70 this season. That is, however, before you add Remy, Lallana and Lambert's goals. With them the number goes to well over 100. I've seen it in several different threads and from several different members. Nobody seems to doubt its validity.
We've got our fair share of idiots around here but if someone makes a post like that he'd get laughed at for days.
Simply awful logic, it's baffling! They're not taking into account his assists, his contributions in the build up play and not the fact he was their only (we'll have no nonsense about Gerrard being World Class) World Class player.

Manucho the boss

Simply awful logic, it's baffling! They're not taking into account his assists, his contributions in the build up play and not the fact he was their only (we'll have no nonsense about Gerrard being World Class) World Class player.
I don't think that was his point, it's the fact that you can only replace a player with another player, not 3 players.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
There was also a huge fear factor when Suarez played which will not be there now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
But Sturridge?
Sturridge is decent but he's not World Class, although you'll definitely see a few on RAWK try and convince you he's better than Rooney.

montpelier

I'm a liitle bit appalled by the lack of sympathy & absence of empathy of the past couple of pages. Could we not at least offer a few alternative (more realistic) titles :)
for these books

Title. Dream. Slip.

We'll Never Whop Again.

Really Very Nearly up the Hill.

Jose and His Terrifically Pesky Bus, But We Were Magnificent, Honest.

Eighteen Times vol XX III

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm a liitle bit appalled by the lack of sympathy & absence of empathy of the past couple of pages. Could we not at least offer a few alternative (more realistic) titles :)
for these books

Title. Dream. Slip.

We'll Never Whop Again.

The Desolation Of Crystanbul.

Brightonian

for these books

Title. Dream. Slip.

We'll Never Whop Again.

The Unbearable Shiteness of Being Liverpool.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Suarez was directly involved (scoring and assisting) in 44 league goals last season.

That's a little under 50% of their total.

They conceded 50 goals last season and kept a total of 10 clean sheets.

Where do they get 70 other goals from once they take Suarez out?

Decotron

"We fans look at it as a 38 game block, but if we do that the whole season looks daunting, but break the season down into blocks and aim for getting lets say getting at least 10 or 12 points from every 5 game block, then it becomes manageable"

Mindhunter

"We fans look at it as a 38 game block, but if we do that the whole season looks daunting, but break the season down into blocks and aim for getting lets say getting at least 10 or 12 points from every 5 game block, then it becomes manageable"
What? Did these people even attend primary school?

carlosp

So no news of RAWK going bonkers about the injury? I would have thought them unhappy. I like Lallana, but Liverpool being a striker down after them loosing Suarez, I can't imagine them being happy.

Richard Cranium

Only the scouse could turn being nailed to win the title with three games to go before throwing it away with bottling performances from Stevie Me and co. into a cause for celebration.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
How many teams are going to get Born Slippy played over the stadium tannoy before playing the dippers next this season?

Decotron

I'll thread carefully with this one, I was a bit surprised to see no reaction to the minutes silence for Hillsborough held before their friendly against Roma. If anything i think its a bit demeaning rather than respectful. Do they hold one before every friendly now or something? I found it very odd to say the least. (as did a few Pool supporters i know as well)