g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Waltraute

She-Devil
I'll thread carefully with this one, I was a bit surprised to see no reaction to the minutes silence for Hillsborough held before their friendly against Roma. If anything i think its a bit demeaning rather than respectful. Do they hold one before every friendly now or something? I found it very odd to say the least. (as did a few Pool supporters i know as well)
As far as I know it was a way for FSG to show their respect (25 years on), because it was at Fenway Park with all the top brass attending.

I can't see anything negative about it, the justice campaign should really concern us all.

Sylar

What are their thoughts on Joe Coles words? Will be interesting :P

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He basically said that the their club mentality is outdated. Everyone there was harping on about them being the biggest club in England whilst he thought that they weren't but he didn't want to say anything to object.

Brightonian

He basically said that the their club mentality is outdated. Everyone there was harping on about them being the biggest club in England whilst he thought that they weren't but he didn't want to say anything to object.
I always find it hilarious that the first big interview for their new signings each year is generally saved for before the first United tie, when they can come out with the 'biggest club in England' spiel and get all the scousers into a froth. You'd think that within the club - which is after all a serious, big-money business - they'd be much more rational than the slavering fanbase. But all the evidence suggests not.

EDIT: Googling for those comments, they seem to have been made in 2013, no?

Lance Uppercut

Yeah, when he arrived at Liverpool he said he was joining the biggest club in England. Upon leaving the club, he admitted that he was told to say that. :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I always find it hilarious that the first big interview for their new signings each year is generally saved for before the first United tie, when they can come out with the 'biggest club in England' spiel and get all the scousers into a froth. You'd think that within the club - which is after all a serious, big-money business - they'd be much more rational than the slavering fanbase. But all the evidence suggests not.

EDIT: Googling for those comments, they seem to have been made in 2013, no?
No idea. I read them translated on an Icelandic media without any source.

I googled it too just know. 101great goals quoted their source as being reddit. The reddit post was a twitpic. So basically old rehashed comments from no one.

edit: The most upvoted comments on reddit (it was from the Liverpool subreddit) are sensible and very non-rawkish. Their basically saying he's right to his opinion and that his opinion is probably right.

Sylar

Ahh yeah, I hadnt read it before today and only saw it posted everywhere so was assuming he was asked today. Regardless yeah, Joe Cole was saying the questions towards him were about Liverpools history and being the biggest in the club, and Joe kinda agreed and thus they came out with the headlines "Joe believes Liverpool are still the biggest club in the world" etc.

Will always remember Gerrard saying Joe Cole could do everything Messi could do, probably even better. Good times.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Come on folks. Less talky more rawky.

Never seen a friendly match being analyzed as their win over LA Galaxy, you'd think it has been as impressive as Germany's mauling of Brazil.
I know, it's almost as bad as bringing out multiple books about your team coming second...

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Ahh yeah, I hadnt read it before today and only saw it posted everywhere so was assuming he was asked today. Regardless yeah, Joe Cole was saying the questions towards him were about Liverpools history and being the biggest in the club, and Joe kinda agreed and thus they came out with the headlines "Joe believes Liverpool are still the biggest club in the world" etc.

Will always remember Gerrard saying Joe Cole could do everything Messi could do, probably even better. Good times.
He could do things with golf balls man...... Things.

Things that would probably end up with a jail sentence, should you do them in public, most likely.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Come on folks. Less talky more rawky.

I know, it's almost as bad as bringing out multiple books about your team coming second...
Our friendlies are always analysed more than anybody else's anyway.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Just got this nugget:

We are adding Lovren to our squad and with Sakho into his 2nd season, we have potentially one of the strongest defenses in league.

One of the strongest defenses??????

Truedevil

Just got this nugget:

We are adding Lovren to our squad and with Sakho into his 2nd season, we have potentially one of the strongest defenses in league.

One of the strongest defenses??????
Just came here to post that. Brilliant:lol:

Brightonian

Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson, Johnson and Sturridge were clearly all amazing. It was all the other players that were to blame.
It's hilarious when you put it like that. Every single one of them a notable under-performer when it came to the actual games.

Dominos

Noticed they've claimed both our penalties so far have been dives, and the refs have been doing us a favour.. And they're already building up the conspiracy theory that the FA need us to do well this season because it's bad for the Premier League brand to have it's most marketable team outside the European places. I expect that one will really kick into gear when we initially do well in the league and maybe we get a perfectly legit penalty that they will claim is "incredibly soft".

They really are a different breed aren't they? I'd hate to be that irrational, bitter and deluded.

Eriksen

It's hilarious when you put it like that. Every single one of them a notable under-performer when it came to the actual games.
Sterling was good unless you had silly expectations of him and Henderson was alright, nothing special. Rest were turd.

United22

Sterling was good unless you had silly expectations of him and Henderson was alright, nothing special. Rest were turd.
Henderson did what Cleverley would do, nothing. He was turd, not "alright"

Eriksen

Henderson did what Cleverley would do, nothing. He was turd, not "alright"
Maybe my standards were lowered due to him playing next to Gerrard. He was just very, very meh and did very little as you said but he didn't stink the place up ala Gerrard.

I think he was pretty much as expected, he's a hard working, athletic midfielder with a decent range of passing. An average player.

Brightonian

Sterling I'll give you, although he was much worse in the actual games than in his impressive pre-tournament friendly appearance. Henderson was as poor as anyone, Cleverley wouldn't have done any worse. Wilshere would have done significantly better (and did, whenever Roy deigned to put him on the pitch).

Although anyone was screwed playing next to Calamity.

Sad Chris

As far as I know it was a way for FSG to show their respect (25 years on), because it was at Fenway Park with all the top brass attending.
I can't see anything negative about it, the justice campaign should really concern us all.
The negative side to me is it's turning into a sticky note on a fridge. It's there all the time and in the end nobody takes any notice of it anymore. It does concern all of us, it's a matter bigger than football, but sometimes less is more.

montpelier

I can't work out if this is diminishing the Utd performance or the quality of opposition but quite like it either way round.

Why can't we play like pub teams and lead 3-0 by HT.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I can't work out if this is diminishing the Utd performance or the quality of opposition but quite like it either way round.
Well to be fair I don't think united played well in the first half yet they were 3-0. Pub team probably not, RAWK probably thought Roma didn't try in the first half.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I actually think that RAWK reflects their fanbase a lot TBH. I have 20-30 (yes not lot considering) of them at work or around me day to day and i can honestly say they all come out with the same old tripe. There is not one you can have a rational debate/discussion with about Liverpool/United unless you agree with whatever they think. Every single one of them claim not to know what RAWK even is but they show the same traits and spout the same rubbish.

I was told today (yet again) that United are in decline and its over for a long time, Liverpool are on the up though and are only going to get stronger, they have Sturridge after all. They went one step further than usual though and actually bet me £500 that Liverpool would not only finish above United, which there is obviously a decent chance at the moment, but adamant that United would finish in the bottom half of the table!
This. So much this.

Heck, even here i Norway they spew the same old bile we've heard a thousand times. Also, their favorite stick to beat us non-Mancunians with, is the good old "You're a glory hunter", which is cute, since they obviously wore out their first pair of sneakers on the streets of Liverpool.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
A RAWKite said:
Was in the pub tonight, a Manc walked in, looked at the telly and saw their game was one, started saying (I shit you not) "Oh look, Yernited are on, yes we're winn 3-0 at the moment to a team that the Scousers lost to the other night, this says it all really, we're going to be back this season... then started singing "YERNITED, BUSBY BABES, WE ARE YERNITED etc. etc" and then said "I might start thinking like a Liverpool fan this season, we're going to win everything I think based on our pre-season"... at which point I piped up... "Are you going to win the Champions League then??? .... Oh no wait, your not... COS YOUR NOT IN IT"..... he didn't reply, and moved to the other side of the pub
That told him.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Also, entirely made up. If it did happen, I can only assume the 'Yernited' fan was talking to his mate. Nobody acts like the guy described. Not even Liverpool fans.

They love a good fictional United fan anecdote.

What's best about it is, they are too fecking stupid to realise that the things these fictional characters say that are so bullish and delusional are the ACTUAL things Liverpool fans have been saying for the past 20 years.

Raw