RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Lane

Yep, that's gold!

Zeus, King of Greek Gods, ancestor of Rafael 'Rafa' Benitez :lol:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
A RAWKite said:
Lol, I hadn't heard Shaw interviewed before but from the interview about his fitness SSN are showing today he comes across as something of a Chelsea-chav, certainly not as charismatic as any of our 6 signings, "dya no wa'a mean?"

#Bullet dodged
A RAWKite said:
They are truly the holy ones. Beating Inter Milan on penalties. *bows down*
Cardiff City Carling Cup final.

A RAWKite said:
Why, for the love of god, would you watch their pre-season friendlies. Some people are obsessed.

Brightonian

A RAWKite said:
Lol, I hadn't heard Shaw interviewed before but from the interview about his fitness SSN are showing today he comes across as something of a Chelsea-chav, certainly not as charismatic as any of our 6 signings, "dya no wa'a mean?"

#Bullet dodged
Just seen that Argentine kid, Lionel something, interviewed. Christ on a bike he's boring, and a fecking midget too. Barcelona are welcome to him - thank god we went for that charismatic Daniel Sjolund instead, he's boss!

#bullet dodged

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Just seen that Argentine kid, Lionel something, interviewed. Christ on a bike he's boring, and a fecking midget too. Barcelona are welcome to him - thank god we went for that charismatic Daniel Sjolund instead, he's boss!

#bullet dodged
Why do I get the feeling that it's likely someone from Rawk might quote this and say we're saying Shaw is the new Messi?

Waltraute

She-Devil
A blast from the past. Sit back and enjoy this one, the legendary 'Rafa is Abraham Lincoln' thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=242398.0
Cheers. A true classic!
And some day soon, maybe next May, maybe the one after or the one after that, a middle aged man in a suit will wade through the sea of scarves in front of the Kop, pick one up and tie it around his neck like a docker, make a fist with his left hand and hold the Holy Grail in the other, and stare at us the way the Christ risen looked at his disciples, eyes blazing with an intensity that says:

"Tell me you never questioned me. Tell me you harboured no doubts. Tell me the pain and emptiness was worthwhile. Tell me I've just put flesh on your dearest dream."

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I think it (defense) can definitely get them in the top 4 and beyond. Smalling, Jones and Evans. More about the system and organisation there for me than the individuals being exceptional.

Scoring goals is a different matter. No matter how good the system, you'll need that bit of quality or skill to unlock a defence on most occasions.

Their weak spot as it stands looks like the middle of the park. We would absolutely dominate the middle of the park with Can, Gerrard, Henderson versus Herrera, Carrick, Mata. That's my take anyway.

Last edited:

Brightonian

Why do I get the feeling that it's likely someone from Rawk might quote this and say we're saying Shaw is the new Messi?
Nah, that would be a level of sophistication above them. It would be nonsense, obviously, but it would make a vague sort of sense. Out of their reach.

They'd probably just claim that Daniel Sjolund could have been better than Messi but referees/injuries/Mr Alex Ferguson and the FA held him back.

Brightonian

I think it (defense) can definitely get them in the top 4 and beyond. Smalling, Jones and Evans. More about the system and organisation there for me than the individuals being exceptional.

Scoring goals is a different matter. No matter how good the system, you'll need that bit of quality or skill to unlock a defence on most occasions.

Their weak spot as it stands looks like the middle of the park. We would absolutely dominate the middle of the park with Can, Gerrard, Henderson versus Herrera, Carrick, Mata. That's my take anyway.
All he's done there is highlight that the very weakest part of our squad is probably still stronger than theirs.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The man has never won a trophy remember.
What does "self awareness to football" even mean???

Self awareness is, obviously, understanding yourself.

So do they mean he is aware of himself in relation to football? Aware of his status within football?

Absolute nonsense.

Lance Uppercut

Which part of his "complete self awareness to football" led him to getting the boot at Reading after a whole 6 months?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Selfie-awareness, more like.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
If you look at how we played against Chelsea in the second half, I think you'll find that we lost that game because we stopped playing our game. The players started forcing it - shooting from long range and crossing the ball from bad positions - instead of keeping their cool and passing the ball. I'm guessing they did pretty much the exact opposite of what Brendan wanted them to do. Lost their heads. What is our philosophy, by the way?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
"The players started forcing it - shooting from long range"

They can't bring themselves to admit it was Gerrard who lost his head...after he lost his footing.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"The players started forcing it - shooting from long range"

They can't bring themselves to admit it was Gerrard who lost his head...after he lost his footing.
:lol:

This was what I thought. It wasn't "the players." It was Gerrard who was doing that. He even stopped taking corners so he could be in the box to try and score.

Cantonaaa!

Reading through the rawk thread over at arsenal mania and it's funny as feck..

Rex Banner (Forum Member) wrote:
Just got the train home and there was a couple of Scousers sitting nearby, one of them in full Agger kit of course.

They kept going on and on about how we'd picked up the scraps they'd left at Southampton, how Lambert "will do a Lewandowski" and how Henderson is better all round than Ramsey.

blaze_of_glory (Trusted Member: