RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Rockets Redglare

This newbie has 5 posts limit in the mains per day and one of his/her posts are in the RAWK meltdown thread.

I like this poster, promote them already :D
It's his, and thanks! Everyone loves to see the scousers have a breakdown.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I think we've more goal threats in our team and if they don't sign anyone and have an over reliance on Rooney it'll cost them dearly.

Benteke - (1 in 2 striker) 15-20 goals
Sturridge - (2 in 3 striker but injury prone) 15 goals
Firmino - 10 goals
Coutinho - 10 goals
Henderson 5-10
Milner - 5-10
Lallana 5-10
Ibe, Markovic, Origi and Ings 5-10

Above are players more than capable of scoring the 70+ goals needed for top 4.

Rooney - 15-20
Depay - 10
Mata - 10
Herrera - 5-10
Feilani 5 goals
Schweinsteiger and Schneidelin - 5 goals (neither known goalscorers)

Have Young, Wilson, Valencia add a few more, probably but nothing major. I think Hernnadez is on a massive downward slide and if not moved on will struggle to make an impact 5 at best.

Of course they are in the market for another attacker so it could all change but so far they've lost the goals of DI Maria, RVP and are unlikely to play one of their main sources of goals last season Feilani. Maybe even Herrara also.

In contrast we've add Benteke and Firmino as well as a fit again (hopefully Sturridge). I think as things stand were in a better position to finish 4th. Pedro would be a big addition if true though.

prath92

I like how we were wrong to sell falcao rvp and Di Maria. Two months ago we wasted money on flops

SocccerNomics

Firmino - 10 goals
Coutinho - 10 goals
Henderson 5-10
Milner - 5-10
Lallana 5-10
I'll give them Sturridge and Benteke (although this would appear to assume both will start when fit).
Firmino - an exceptional strike rate 2 years ago, but 10 looks optimistic
Coutinho - he's got 13 league goals in 2.5 seasons so far.
Henderson - 4-6 is his typical return
Milner - 5 league goals last year was his best return in 6 seasons.
Lallana - possible if he rediscovers Southampton form.
Assume the other 4 is a combined target of 5-10.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think we've more goal threats in our team and if they don't sign anyone and have an over reliance on Rooney it'll cost them dearly.

Firmino - 10 goals
Coutinho - 10 goals
Henderson 5-10
Milner - 5-10
Lallana 5-10

Rooney - 15-20
Depay - 10
Mata - 10
Herrera - 5-10
Feilani 5 goals

Have Young, Wilson, Valencia add a few more, probably but nothing major. I think Hernnadez is on a massive downward slide and if not moved on will struggle to make an impact 5 at best.

Of course they are in the market for another attacker so it could all change but so far they've lost the goals of DI Maria, RVP and are unlikely to play one of their main sources of goals last season Feilani. Maybe even Herrara also.

In contrast we've add Benteke and Firmino as well as a fit again (hopefully Sturridge). I think as things stand were in a better position to finish 4th. Pedro would be a big addition if true though.
Someone should tell them that even if those numbers were realistic, the players can't all play at the same time.

Impulse

I like that he has Mata and Coutinho down for 10 goals apiece despite Mata matching his scoring record for us in half the number of games Coutinho has played for Liverpool.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know this is the Liverpool-bashing thread and all, but unless we get another striker I wouldn't bet too much on us outscoring them :nervous:
It's all about Net goals mate.

They might score more, but their net goals is going to be much lower because of their midfield and defence.

Brightonian

It's all about Net goals mate.

They might score more, but their net goals is going to be much lower because of their midfield and defence.
But you've not factored in moral goals. They're bound to hit the woodwork much more than us.

Ji_Maria

Firmino - 10 goals
Coutinho - 10 goals
Henderson 5-10
Milner - 5-10
Lallana 5-10

Rooney - 15-20
Depay - 10
Mata - 10
Herrera - 5-10
Feilani 5 goals

Those goal numbers are very misleading - they were based off a time when our midfield, creativity and overall attacking play was absolutely dire. Now that we have finally sorted our midfield after 5 long years, I fully expect goal production, creation of chances and conversion thereof to substantially increase. Expect lots of tap-ins and goal poaching opportunities.

Question234

tbh it wouldn't be far fecthed to say liverpool have a better strike force than us atm.

Until we sign pedro and maybe another attacker that is.

montpelier

Their formidable attack comprises

Studge - for 10-15 games

Half of the Rest - unproven

Other half of the Rest - proven to be shite

It is worrying however, that Hendo, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic, Flanno & the Anfield cat are all likely to get into double figures.

montpelier

In fact/facht, I can back up my feckwit forensic analysis with a RAWK quote.

The two full-backs in our team scored just as much or more than 3 of our 4 strikers from last season.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Firmino - 10 goals
Coutinho - 10 goals
Henderson 5-10
Milner - 5-10
Lallana 5-10

Rooney - 15-20
Depay - 10
Mata - 10
Herrera - 5-10
Feilani 5 goals

This post is brilliant. Liverpool's top scorers last season (who are still at the club) were Coutinho with 8 and Henderson with 7, whilst ours were Rooney with 14 - despite playing in midfield a lot of times - and Mata with 10. Depay scored 22 FFS and yet he suddenly will only score the same amount as Milner this season? I love what bias can do to someone's version of the facts.
It also appears that Liverpool's formation this season will be:

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Ibe - Milner - Henderson - Lallana - Markovic
---- Sturridge ---- Coutinho ---- Firminho ----
---------- Origi ---- Benteke ---- Ings ----------

Truedevil

You know it's August when the comparisons are out
De Gea > Mignolet
Darmian = Clyne
Smalling < Skrtel
Blind < Sakho
Shaw = Moreno (think Shaw has greater ceiling though)
Schwein. > Lucas
Herrera > Henderson
Schneid = Milner
Mata < Coutinho (tough comparison but I think Coutinho probably edges it due to having genuine world class potential)
Depay = Firmino (hard to say who is better now, but both players should be awesome for their teams.
Rooney < Sturridge/Benteke (don't think Rooney is as dynamic, athletic, or prolific as he once was)
My take :

De Gea > Mignolet
Darmian < Clyne
Smalling = Skrtel
Blind < Sakho
Shaw > Moreno
Schwein. = Lucas
Herrera > Henderson
Schneid = Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay < Firmino
Rooney > Benteke
IMO

De Gea > Mignolet
Darmian = Clyne
Smalling < Skrtel
Jones < Sakho
Shaw > Moreno
Schwein. > Lucas
Herrera ~ Henderson
Schneid > Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay > Firmino
Rooney > Sturridge/Benteke

MUTD SH***

montpelier

absolutely no idea what this is, but we seem to be the best team in the Lge by an absolute mile - they must have it upside down, innit

Player Red

Southampton don't score as many as us though. He's an attacking manager, we can get the goals conceded down from 50 no doubt but I won't be expecting us to match Chelsea or even Southamton this season in that regard.
Except they do. Last season Liverpool scored 52 and Southampton scored 54. :lol:

Last edited:

Riz

You know it's August when the comparisons are out
IMO
De Gea >>> Mignolet
Darmian = Clyne (for now)
Smalling >> Skrtl
Blind << Sakho (at CB)
Shaw > Moreno
Schwein >>> Lucas
Herrera > Hendo
Schneid >> Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay > Firmino
Rooney = Benteke

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
IMO
De Gea >>> Mignolet
Smalling >> Skrtl
Blind << Sakho (at CB)
Shaw > Moreno
Schwein >>> Lucas
Herrera > Hendo
Schneid >> Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay > Firmino
Rooney = Benteke
You sure about that? Potential aside, Firmino has had 2 good Bundesliga-seasons in a row now and looks more experienced than Depay at the moment. I think he'll be a better player than Depay for at least the 15/16 season.

Riz

You sure about that? Potential aside, Firmino has had 2 good Bundesliga-seasons in a row now and looks more experienced than Depay at the moment. I think he'll be a better player than Depay for at least the 15/16 season.
Yeh I'm quietly confident Memphis will have the better season. Playing under a manager that knows him with the physicality side already taken care of I think he'll settle faster, after that I don't think there's a debate about their potential.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Yeh I'm quietly confident Memphis will have the better season. Playing under a manager that knows him with the physicality side already taken care of I think he'll settle faster, after that I don't think there's a debate about their potential.
With 2 full Bundesliga-seasons under his belt I don't think Firmino will have any problem with physicality at all.

Riz

With 2 full Bundesliga-seasons under his belt I don't think Firmino will have any problem with physicality at all.
Maybe so but compared to Memphis there's only 1 winner in that department. His attitude is perfect for us right now (obviously I'm biased) but I think under van Gaal he'll flourish.

Sid234

Memphis has one advantage most young players coming in the league don't have, physical presence! The guy's already built like a beast, won't be easily shrugged off the ball by defenders

Riz

Wut? :rolleyes:

Rooney gets underrated, but this is just bs. I'd take Rooney in the team anyday over Benteke.
Yeh what the feck am I on about, guess I didn't want to go overboard in our favour. They're probably the closest ability wise when elsewhere you're looking at Schweinsteiger vs Lucas ffs but yeh Rooney probably does have the edge. A single > for me.

Werder Herzog

Benteke scores in a friendly against Swindon and he's suddenly the second coming of Ian Rush.

He's decent but deary me. Majority of his goals last season came in an 8 game period where he score a couple in a few of those games and the odd one here or there elsewhere. He ain't consistently prolific at all. Not saying it can't change playing with better players at Liverpool but to predict he's going to help revive their attack back to the days of Suarez & Co is just silly.

Revan

Assumptionman
IMO
De Gea >>> Mignolet
Smalling >> Skrtl
Blind << Sakho (at CB)
Shaw > Moreno
Schwein >>> Lucas
Herrera > Hendo
Schneid >> Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay > Firmino
Rooney = Benteke
I would say something like:

De Gea >> Mignolet
Darmian >= Clyne
Smalling =< Skrtl
Rojo = Sakho
Shaw > Moreno
Schweinsteiger/Carrick > Lucas
Herrera > Henderson
Schneiderlin >= Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay <= Firmino
Rooney >= Benteke

Legend:
>> miles better
<< miles worse
> clearly better
< clearly worse
>= slightly better
<= slightly worse
= equal

Riz

I would say something like:

De Gea >> Mignolet
Darmian >= Clyne
Smalling =< Skrtl
Rojo = Sakho
Shaw > Moreno
Schweinsteiger/Carrick > Lucas
Herrera > Henderson
Schneiderlin >= Milner
Mata = Coutinho
Depay <= Firmino
Rooney >= Benteke

Legend:
>> miles better
<< miles worse
> clearly better
< clearly worse
>= slightly better
<= slightly worse
= equal
Smalling over Skrtl without a doubt. (>)
Schwein/Carrick are "miles better" than Lucas who's rather limited imo. (>>)
Schneiderlin is more than slightly better than Milner for me. (>)
Depay and Firmino seems to be a tough one but I'd go for Memphis personally. (>=)

Could be a good thread idea this. Do it each week for the weekend opponents or just hypothetical ones.