RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Classical Mechanic

I despise LFC, always have, always will. But that statement just isn't true, if you compare Boys From the Blackstuff era Liverpool from the late 90s, the place absolutely transformed (Not that it was all government money). Famously a Tory minister I forget, suggested basically putting the city in a state of managed decline.
The City centre and waterfront are actually quite nice and worth a visit. There is some fantastic architecture there too.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He doesn't win enough headers for his size.
Yeah Im pretty confident thats bullshit. Maybe we dont have the ball in the air enough for many aerial battles but he is clearly one of the strongest in the game at heading.

Here is an article right after he joined us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ester-United-midfielders-combined-season.html

Edit, just found another article, im guessing his ability is deteriorating but Id hardly call him shite at heading.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/th...ng-on-marouane-fellainis-aerial-ability/59859

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I went to Manchester a couple years a go and drove into Liverpool one day to have a look around. I thought it was a lovely place and a nice mix of old and new architecture. Preferred to to Manchester too. Neither hit my top 5 for best cities in the UK though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My uni played Liverpool in the North West UAU but then there was one. Can't imagine playing that lot five times in a season. It was always an ugly game and their squads were always full of Scousers.

Cap and gown - not the best situation for social harmony. Universities in isolation can rip the guts out of a local community. They are good for the students and professors but do little for their communities and offer only menial lower paid jobs, which fuels local resentment. Students move on, professors never identify with anything but themselves anyway, while the locals get left behind - not just a Liverpool issue but a growing problem across Europe.

Can definitely see that being an issue. I know a lot more people that stayed in Liverpool after uni than with people that went to other places though.
There's a large Irish student population and a good number of those seem to stay.

A big part of Liverpool is the nightlife, and I know of a lot of student run (or originally student run) electronic music nights (way more than in Manc for example). That kind of thing contributes a lot to the city, entertainment-wise, socially, and economically. I know students aren't famed for spending much but most of what they do spend is on nights out, and these events aren't just aimed at students anyway.

I think the youthfulness keeps the place vibrant and moving.

Another big plus is that it's quite a concentrated city centre, which makes getting around pretty easy.

I feel wrong praising the city in this thread.

Who exactly were you playing? Uni of is very middle class, JMU team didn't have loads of scousers when I was there, (no) Hope might've done, there's LIPA which is performing arts, and then Edge Hill which I can't imagine being rough.

Stretford End Phil

Can definitely see that being an issue. I know a lot more people that stayed in Liverpool after uni than with people that went to other places though.
There's a large Irish student population and a good number of those seem to stay.

A big part of Liverpool is the nightlife, and I know of a lot of student run (or originally student run) electronic music nights (way more than in Manc for example). That kind of thing contributes a lot to the city, entertainment-wise, socially, and economically. I know students aren't famed for spending much but most of what they do spend is on nights out, and these events aren't just aimed at students anyway.

I think the youthfulness keeps the place vibrant and moving.

Another big plus is that it's quite a concentrated city centre, which makes getting around pretty easy.

I feel wrong praising the city in this thread.

Who exactly were you playing? Uni of is very middle class, JMU team didn't have loads of scousers when I was there, (no) Hope might've done, there's LIPA which is performing arts, and then Edge Hill which I can't imagine being rough.
I only came across the rebrick University of Liverpool built in the 1880s. In my day most universities were middle class but a few of us got through our A-Levels and even got to our first choices. They were a fight on the day, had some good players, and we sat with them for pies and beer after the game. They were mostly Scousers, which most of us found strange because the last thing any of us wanted to do was stay at home while at Uni.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I only came across the rebrick University of Liverpool built in the 1880s. In my day most universities were middle class but a few of us got through our A-Levels and even got to our first choices. They were a fight on the day, had some good players, and we sat with them for pies and beer after the game. They were mostly Scousers, which most of us found strange because the last thing any of us wanted to do was stay at home while at Uni.
Yeah, that's another thing about scousers...they don't seem to like leaving Liverpool :lol:

Needham

Face it. RAWK is not going to go into meltdown until at least Klopp's third season of up down bongo bat shit goofy not-actually-close-to-winning-the-league pitch invading disappointment. They'll need scapegoats like Bentheke in the meantime.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Face it. RAWK is not going to go into meltdown until at least Klopp's third season of up down bongo bat shit goofy not-actually-close-to-winning-the-league pitch invading disappointment. They'll need scapegoats like Bentheke in the meantime.
This transfer committee, if it continues as it is will hinder Klopp enough to give them plenty to bitch about.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
On Mignolet:

RAWK said:
We've conceded 32 goals this season and Mignolet is to blame for at least 20 of them. Conclusion...we have the greatest defence in premier league history. Or, and this is a long shot, this place is awash with some of the most agenda-driven fanny bags on the planet.

PS I don't think Mignolet is a top top keeper.

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
Mascherano and Milner are both tiny midgets. And Milner looks like a Mother's dream that begs his girlfriend for a hug every night.

Milan "Lane" Jovanović had that crazy stare that meant he was coming for you and that you were to be destroyed if you took his ball away. I am not talking about muscles but about being a man!

I am very very tired of todays queer footballers who tosses around with blinking headphones and cinderella haircuts. They seem to be busy doing shampoo commercials and listening to hippy hop.

Milan's greatest urge was always beating his abstinence until after the game when he could have a smoke backstage. He knew he had to play OK to deserve it and the frustration meant that nobody would get in his way. No fecking around! And that is what I am talking about.
...!
PS No, I didn't make that up.

RedOldBoy

Only 2 good things ever came out of Liverpool, The Beatles and LFC, and they've both gone now.

They have nothing now, absolutely nothing. It would be sad if it wasn't the Scouse.
Don't forget Tom Baker, oh and Echo and the Bunnymen

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The city centre is great.

After living in Liverpool for 3 years though, I can confirm that scousers are a different breed. They're OTT passionate about the city, and often deluded about football, as we well know.
Their chavs are the ultimate chavs and I've genuinely thought the stereotypical scouse girls have been in fancy dress as stereotypical scouse girls before (when they got closer I realised they weren't).
That said, there are a lot of very friendly people too and a very varied crowd depending on where you go.

The city, in my opinion, is kept alive by the student population (there's 5 unis), which means there's a lot of young people around and loads going on.

As for the accent, a very mild one can be quite nice on a girl. A strong one is gross. But then a strong manc accent is pretty bad too.
I dunno. I was in Hull last week and the chavs in the city centre were of the highest order. It has the same issues with reliance on its universities, which do nothing to stop the multi-generational decline.
Bits of the city centre looked like they'd been strafed by an Apache gunship.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
What a lot of rubbish 'journos know but have a gagging order' they would still report the story (which is a pretty huge story if true) about a nameless premier league and England star.

SteveJ

Scout
"Daddy, when are Liverpool going to score again? Will it be when I'm grown up?"