g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think the King will end up playing something like 11 league matches with at least two mistakes leading to losing matches. Who are the other 3 good CB options though? Lovren, Sakho..?
Doesn't matter, he could score 60 own goals and he'd still pass into legend.

But Lovren, Sakho and Matip is who they're talking about. Being fair Lovren has improved massively under Klopp and Sakho on his day is quite a good defender, I don't rate Matip at all and think he'll get found out in the PL.

Minimalist

Is MDMA Smacko still being touted by the lads as the best CB in the PL?

Last season I just remember a Liverpool game against Watford when he gave Phil Jones a run for the title of most comedic CB in all of Babylon.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Doesn't matter, he could score 60 own goals and he'd still pass into legend.

But Lovren, Sakho and Matip is who they're talking about. Being fair Lovren has improved massively under Klopp and Sakho on his day is quite a good defender, I don't rate Matip at all and think he'll get found out in the PL.
So that’s one and a half, and they’ve probably seen Klavan play twice (in EL against them) so it’s at least semi-deluded to say they’ve got 4 good CB options.

vk20legend

Read somewhere that if they sign Wijnaldum for 20M they would have spent about £230M on players from Newcastle, Sunderland and Southampton since 2011!! Not sure if true..

AltiUn

So that’s one and a half, and they’ve probably seen Klavan play twice (in EL against them) so it’s at least semi-deluded to say they’ve got 4 good CB options.
Yeah it is a bit, it's not like they've signed a known good player in Klavan, it's just an assumption on their part that he's good.

Truedevil

picture this scenario; Pogba signs for us, cites Klopp as a decisive factor.
You can just tell the poor bastards expected this in their deluded world when they hired Klopp. Reality is porbably starting to set in with the signing of a 30 year old Estonian as we speak:D

jungledrums

"Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Wijnaldum.

What other team has that much firepower up front?

It's gonna be a very exciting season"

This is a funny one. In itself, it's not so ludicrous. Their attack isn't too shabby. However, City, Arsenal, us, and Chelsea have comfortably stronger attacks then their lot. Arguably Tottenham, too. Are they deluded or just plain stupid?

Nickosaur

This is a funny one. In itself, it's not so ludicrous. Their attack isn't too shabby. However, City, Arsenal, us, and Chelsea have comfortably stronger attacks then their lot. Arguably Tottenham, too. Are they deluded or just plain stupid?
And realistically, only four of them can play at any one time (I can't see Klopp playing Wijnaldum in a central midfield 2). It's a good looking attack but like you say, no better than any of the top 4/5.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Does RAWK have a thread akin to our serious Liverpool discussion? Would be interesting to see what they actually think of our upcoming season.

AltiUn

Does RAWK have a thread akin to our serious Liverpool discussion? Would be interesting to see what they actually think of our upcoming season.
They think they're better than us, long story short.

Gause

They think they're better than us, long story short.
I wonder if they also think they are better than other team like, say Spurs, who finished above them 6 times in the last 7 years.

Bogga

Sturridge - Can be really good every now and then, but seems to spend more time broken...
Origi - Yeah, were all trembling over here
Ings - Batigo-ings... no not really, not even Ronaldinhings, more like Deeneyings
Firmino - Quite alright, but not a world beater
Countinho - Same as Firmino
Mane - Did well for Liverpools feeder team, but how has it worked out for the previous players after they made this move?
Wijnaldum - Could do well

I've seen worse, but they make it sound like they're top 5 in the world when they're perhaps not even top 5 in England...

baanke laal

banned
If it does go through, surely must be one of the worst deals in the history of football. Releasing him for free then smashing the world record transfer fee comfortably to buy him back.

Great player, but most certainly not worth it. The only players I'd be comfortable paying that kind of money for are your messi's, ronaldos , Suarez' and Bales.

They are signing some massive players, but it just seems a bit of a cluster feck. Like a spoilt kid in toy store going for the biggest , most expensive toys, even if they don't like them. They'll either win the league or finish outside top 4. All depends on how their, as a rival fan on red cafe said, Frankenstein team gel together.
You have signed a striker and a winger who don't defend, a young and raw central defender, and you are about to pay a world record transfer fee for a midfielder who is not disciplined. Considering that Mourinho is your manager, that is actually pretty hilarious.
Deep down, you know that Pogba is a poor fit under Mourinho. And it is eating you
Ridiculous money being spent in Manchester this summer, still a shithole though.
You might have a better collection of players, but you are yet to sign a single player who fits Mourinho's style. It is almost like Ed Woodward is playing some real life game of Football Manager, and that is what makes it hilarious.

Last edited:

Red Bug

There's a decent Liverpool fan on RAWK speaking sense in the Man Utd thread - because of this he has been accused of being a Manc.

They really are a paranoid bunch.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Imagine if people here were accused of being an imposter any time they were positive about rivals, or negative about United. 99% of people would be constantly under suspicion.

Red Bug

Imagine if people here were accused of being an imposter any time they were positive about rivals, or negative about United. 99% of people would be constantly under suspicion.
Yeah I thought that. It's so tribalistic over there, moreso than most forums (apart from Bluemoon which is even worse).

Mihai

Gladston would probably get to 3 messaged before he gets banned on RAWK :D

Vanrouge

King Ragnar sounds like something straight out of Norse mythology, that alone is worth the £4m they paid for him.
Fits their tendency to bring out the epic poetry.

"King Ragnar emerges from the Stone of Est,
The sleepy giant's all a-quiver,
The prophecies will now be met,
When Ragnar swims in the Pool of Liver."

Red Bug

Normal person said:
Is this Grand Old Team? Because over there, everyone gets accused of being a 'Kopite' for having a different opinion or for something that isn't scathing about Liverpool.

Grow up.
RAWK nazi said:
Nope, it's RAWK. Where constant bedwetting and masturbation over Manchester United and at least half of your posts being in the Manchester United thread will lead to regular accusations of being a Manc.

Just go full on and admit it, or pack it up. Really no point in not doing one or the other mate.
Normal person said:
OK. I promise not to say anything positive about Man Utd ever again. Apologies.
:houllier:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was going to say something along the lines of "so what if he was a Manc anyway, what would be the problem? Other sites have supporters from different clubs and it helps prevent the sites from becoming borefests where every posts has to be biased and favourable to that core club no matter how accurate and truthful the statements really are". But then I forgot that RAWK doesn't need fans other than Liverpool fans because there's the most knowledgable fans in the world and they're never biased to begin with la.

Red Bug

I was going to say something along the lines of "so what if he was a Manc anyway, what would be the problem? Other sites have supporters from different clubs and it helps prevent the sites from becoming borefests where every posts has to be biased and favourable to that core club no matter how accurate and truthful the statements really are". But then I forgot that RAWK doesn't need fans other than Liverpool fans because there's the most knowledgable fans in the world and they're never biased to begin with la.
:lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Fits their tendency to bring out the epic poetry.

"King Ragnar emerges from the Stone of Est,
The sleepy giant's all a-quiver,
The prophecies will now be met,
When Ragnar swims in the Pool of Liver."
:lol:

EyeInTheSky

Yeah I thought that. It's so tribalistic over there, moreso than most forums (apart from Bluemoon which is even worse).
You mean to tell me that pool don't even win that contest?

Phil Jones Face

It's not even paranoia, there's several posters over there who mysteriously turned up after RAWK opened their registration again, posted a few "Mancs are shite" posts to cover their backs, then spent the rest of their posting history camped out in the Man United thread posting borderline pro-United posts.

It's all a bit sad really. They should just post like Cantona, Busby, Rossi etc do.