RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

I hate how jammy they can be. I don't believe in luck, but if there's any team that would, it's them.

This goal at 0:57 of the video.

Matip plays a pass, it's intercepted by the Brighton player who passes it into another Brighton player, causing a deflection which falls into the path of Henderson who passes to Salah, who in turn absolutely spanners his touch only for it to go fall tantilisingly far of the nearest two Brighton defenders into the path for Firmino. Everything about the goal screams plain lucky, but three fecking instances of it at the same moment? feck me.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Sorry for being this late, after 3-2 went out for a cup of coffe with a friend and did not check FT's until I came home.
(Will go out for a cup of coffe next time as well.)
How we are supposed to get top 4 I do not understand. We are so shit it is actually unbelievable
How much did we pay for Nunez?! FFS
The ultimate humiliation - level on points with Everton.
feck, just saw even Everton have caught up with us.
I would be thankful for a top 4 finish this season
It’s fine though because Bellingham will sign when we finish 8th
I hope he fecks off somewhere else and I honestly cant wait when he does. The amount of bandwidth wasted on him is fecking incredible
Hasn't he already said he'd prefer to go to Real Madrid?
Praise the lord.
Had a fantastic 5 years playing some brilliant football.
Unfortunately we are back to što top 4 battles
I agree. It will be a long time before we get to that level again unless we drastically improve
Be astounded if we get anything from Arsenal and City the way we are playing.
Why was Tsimikas taken off for Milner?
To give Trent a boost by not being the worst fullback on the pitch?
Anyone know what thr point of signing Artur was?
Looks like he was signed just to say we got someone in at this. Clearly Klopp never wanted him though so is just refusing to use him.
Genuinely astounded if we take a point from the next 2.
Crawl to 4th then do a full blown rebuild, istg if we blow 150m on one fecking player.
What a clusterfeck of a season....
Needed to win today. Arsenal and City will be a bloodbath.
Big investment needed in Jan for any chance of top 4.
I actually expect us to up our game and get something from both games. And then probably concede 3 to West Ham and Forest each.
We will draw against City most likely and then everyone will act likes a decent result... It won’t be both Arsenal and City games are must wins if we want to challenge for the league
We helped Brighton sell Trossard for 100 mill min to Chelsea
Hate to shit on Klopp, but poor in game management and questionable subs today
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning feck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.
I very much doubt that, everything is interlinked a Tchouameni and De Jong would have had us playing better football, more compact, less holes to plug for the defenders, it’s all linked to each other.
If someone offered me 4th now I would rip their arm off.
Anyone who would not is a fool of the highest order.
If anyone looks at how we are playing and saying to themselves "yes this is the second best team in the league" then they are on quaaludes
We had some dodgy decisions made in the summer.

Expecting Carvalho and Elliot to be groomed to replace our midfield generals. Bought an 80m striker that isn't fit enough to play 90mins. Giving a 500k per week contract to Salah that has upset the dynamics in the team. Milner given an extension.
TAA dropped in form was unexpected though.
Honestly never saw this collapse coming, after last season, so depressing. I was clinging on to a title challenge a couple of weeks ago but it's completely finished now, top 4 race it is
Similar to 09/10 and 14/15.
We all expected to win the league…..didn’t even get top 4!
When is the next international break?
Points dropped by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool by October 1st:

2016-17 - 5
2017-18 - 7
2018-19 - 2
2019-20 - 0
2020-21 - 0
2021-22 - 4
2022-23 - 11
Are we now one of the oldest teams in the league? Seems we have more 30+ players than most teams.
Hopefully we start playing late on Sunday or Monday. Would rather not ruin my weekend.
Pure 90’s vibes from our defence right now.
Why did we buy Nunez then, if he's getting a cameo in the second half ? Why not buy a young striker that doesn't mind getting benched for cheap and just invest the money into 2 good midfielders which we can use?
I don't think we realised he'd be this ineffective when we bought him. He's been bang average every game he's played so far (bar the charity shield game
A lot of the criticism is on point, but the biggest worry for me is that the 'mentality monsters' seem to have disappeared. Shocking lack of any leadership or toughness at all
No midfield, no leadership, no shape, no pattern, no press....Arnold a competition winner, Van Dyke has turned into Nicky Tanner...and without Allison, we would have conceded half a dozen.....against Brighton...at home......thank feck we signed Arthur Melo on loan, on deadline day
Doesn't help that we are playing Arsenal and City next. I'm already shitting myself of the fact we might end up with 0 points against both teams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If this is accurate that's amazing

2016-17 - 5
2017-18 - 7
2018-19 - 2
2019-20 - 0
2020-21 - 0
2021-22 - 4
2022-23 - 11

No Idea For Nickname

Klopp can't keep performing miracles. Eventually our net spend was going to catch us up. Milner and Henderson wouldn't get a game for Hull City at the moment and yet they are expected to be an integral part of a team challenging for a title??

This is their 3rd goal

Lots of errors
feck knows what Salah was on.
450 grand a fecking week I think
who the fck is Trossard ffs? Who was the last player who scored a hat trick against us, Arshavin?
Trossard is Belgian international and been Brighton best attacker for a while now. Chelsea want him as their next Eden Hazard.
It's time for the American owners to sell the football club.

Or the last days of a once in a lifetime manager will fizzle out and the days of winning leagues and CLs will become a distant memory like they were before he arrived.
Would you be ok with us being owned by an oil state?
Don't care to be honest.
Nice guys don't finish first in sport.
That's if you're stupid enough to believe our owners who are known backers and supporters of Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are nice guys of course.
That is a "yes I'd be more than happy to be owned by a despot regime".
Well it's either that or I'll never see Liverpool win a league title and CL again in my lifetime.
Because if you think we'll just pull another manager like Klopp out of the bag you're in for a very rude and sad awakening.
Wow.

Let's sell women, gay people, free speech, human rights etc down the river so Xanderzone can see his football team lift another title in his/her lifetime.
No I just want to be owned by ambitious owners and you can't talk to me as I'm Boston born and bred so I know all about John W. Henry and FSG. LONG before you.
Doesn't have to be an oil state. I'm sure plenty of billionaire from across the globe would be interested
Henry and Werner get the feck out of our club.
Sure as soon as someone pays £3 billion and then agrees to spend their money without hoping to get it back.
It’s so weird that that’s what people actually expect
If you want that, it’s the city route.
You’re either fine with that or not. But you can’t have both
It used to be City route but now everyone spends. This is modern football now, either you spend or you are left behind. The days of being sustainable are over, you can draw the example from Leicester a team that had a real shot at replacing United/Arsenal/Spurs battling for relegation because of the lack of spending.
Whoa... I seriously hope you're in the vast minority here.
I think we all want supportive (and financially-secure) owners.
But, I'm walking away if we were ever sold to any group like Man City or Chelsea or NU and I hope most other people would feel the same way.
Rather have a competitive team I can be proud to support rather than winning from oil money (or worse.)
Well be sure to tell yourself that when Klopp leaves and FSG don't invest and you're watching the competitive team finish 5th-8th every year.
I'd rather we got relegated with out pride and integrity intact...it's just a feckin game. Nobody should want to go down the City route just for success, 'success' that is not even respected or recognised by right minded people.
Again, tell yourself that when Klopp leaves.
Hopefully your heart swells with pride at FSGs running of the club whilst we don't win anything for a generation
Christ modern football is mad isn’t it.
8 games or so after almost winning the quadruple people are asking to be taken over by oil barons?
What next, an FSG out protest?
Madness.
We are shite, but the players in the pitch aren’t some second rate backups. That’s was pretty much our strongest back 8.
No one, literally not a single soul has asked to be taken over by an Oil Baron.

Everyone has done a bad things. Not long ago people were praising Denmark for standing up for human rights where themselves they deported Syrians back to Syria, seized jewelry of refugees and want to put a cap on non westerners, whilst making Ukrainians exempt from the same laws, which screams super racist to me. Point is no one is innocent these days.
Absolute garbage. LFC is dead if a sports washing regime takes us over and I will happily walk away from football if it does.
There are a number of other horrible regimes waiting to have the chance to own another Premiership football club. They also know the footballing authorities here don't care whose blood money they take.
Chelsea manage to avoid sure we can do as well ? Plenty of other American billionaires that can spend. We just need to avoid the Trump crowd type billionaires.
That was a one off coming off from the situation they were in after Abramovich. They will not be spending like that every season
The real people in charge of Chelsea will want the money back, they are not spending 4 billion on a club out of the goodness of their hearts by not wanting that money returned. This Todd Boehly fella is just the face.
I struggle to agree with that I agree city, psg, Newcastle is a completely different ball game but in the last 4 years alone.

Spurs £325mil net spend
West Ham £280mil net spend
Wolves £166mil net spend
Man Utd £501mil net spend
Chelsea £270mil net spend
Notts for £130mil net spend
Fulham £91mil net spend
Crystal Palace £106mil net spend
Leeds £120mil net spend
Everton £105mil net spend
Aston Villa £255mil net spend
Arsenal £375mil net spend
Liverpool £90mil net spend

And I haven’t included Newcastle and Man City the two oil state owned clubs as you put it, but we’ve been outspent in the last 4 years by pretty much everyone, and the clubs we consider top 4 rivals ie spurs arsenal Man Utd etc by hundreds of millions, and this is despite our rivals not having regular champions league football. This is a massive problem and this isn’t just reactionary I called it before the season started. We in my opinion have the best manager in the world but he’s not going to hang around if this carries on, our owners have fecked up, if we can’t spend with champions league football don’t expect us to spend if we finish outside the top 4.
This is pretty damning. Our success is despite our owners, not because of them. Having Klopp has glossed over the majority of their penny-pinching

mu4c_20le

Reminds me of us when they start talking about turning to the oil :lol: things must be really bad

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks like net spend is back on the menu, boys. :drool:

redNATION

They're now seeing that their owners are just as bad as the Glazers, but like Fergie shielding the Glazers' incompetence for a decade, Klopp has done the same for FSG with his brilliance.

There's no way they'll sack him, they'll be clueless without him. The only time they've spent huge on players came off the back of the ridiculous Coutinho sale. Once Klopp goes, they'll revert to the mean, they don't generate the same money United do and certainly don't spend the same sums we do on players. They've had a good ride but it's about to end with our title record intact :devil:

Zippycup

They're now seeing that their owners are just as bad as the Glazers, but like Fergie shielding the Glazers' incompetence for a decade, Klopp has done the same for FSG with his brilliance.

There's no way they'll sack him, they'll be clueless without him. The only time they've spent huge on players came off the back of the ridiculous Coutinho sale. Once Klopp goes, they'll revert to the mean, they don't generate the same money United do and certainly don't spend the same sums we do on players. They've had a good ride but it's about to end with our title record intact :devil:
Just as bad?
They're Godly like in comparison

Valencia Shin Crosses

Tbf they just dropped 80m on that donkey Nunez this summer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just as bad?
They're Godly like in comparison
Different types of bad really. Glazers are parasites that are incompetent at the highest levels of management but open the purse strings to keep the money flowing in. FSG has done really well in the past decade to revolutionize the structure and how the club operates alongside Klopp but hardly spend any money aside from what they garner for outgoing sales comparatively. Pick your poison really.

redNATION

Tbf they just dropped 80m on that donkey Nunez this summer.
But will they keep doing that and more, like £150m+ every summer? They had to sell Mane to 'balance the books' to get Nunez and when they needed a midfielder they got a crap freebie on loan.

They don't look like the type of owners willing to splash the cash, as evidenced by two things: their low net spend, which their fans seem to be obsessed with, and their ageing squad - still relying on guys like Henderson and Milner.

Zippycup

Different types of bad really. Glazers are parasites that are incompetent at the highest levels of management but open the purse strings to keep the money flowing in. FSG has done really well in the past decade to revolutionize the structure and how the club operates alongside Klopp but hardly spend any money aside from what they garner for outgoing sales comparatively. Pick your poison really.
Don't get me wrong. FSG are shit owners but they aren't in the same category as the Glazers.

Klopp has spent money but it's money that he generated through sales so credit to him for that.

Reynoldo

If this is accurate that's amazing

2016-17 - 5
2017-18 - 7
2018-19 - 2
2019-20 - 0
2020-21 - 0
2021-22 - 4
2022-23 - 11
And to be honest thats generous. They should easily have dropped about 4 more as well

Red00012

“8 games on from almost winning the quadruple “ is the winner :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
One thing they are right about is that managers like Klopp don't come by everyday. They struck motherlode when they got him, but they aren't building on their success like Fergie teams used to, and all they have to show for one of the best sides in their history is a PL and a CL each.

Hope it stays that way for a long time to come.

mu4c_20le

One thing they are right about is that managers like Klopp don't come by everyday. They struck motherlode when they got him, but they aren't building on their success like Fergie teams used to, and all they have to show for one of the best sides in their history is a PL and a CL each.

Been saying that for years, but now that they themselves are starting to realize it, I'm starting to feel a little bad for them. Just a little bit though. Klopp is world class but even he hade the team practically built for him. It's a one of a kind manager plus incredible luck.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Been saying that for years, but now that they themselves are starting to realize it, I'm starting to feel a little bad for them. Just a little bit though. Klopp is world class but even he hade the team practically built for him. It's a one of a kind manager plus incredible luck.
Yeah bottom line is you can’t sustain any sort of prolonged success without consistent investment back into your squad. Pep buys a bunch of players he doesn’t really even need every year to continually have depth behind players and provide freshness and competition. Madrid had the best midfield in the world for years yet were still coveting Camavinga, Tchoumeini etc. to ensure the success continues.

Too much money and competition for players now between the top clubs, you can’t afford to let anything stagnate no matter how brilliant might be in the present

Fully Fledged

This Owen rant never gets old.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And to be honest thats generous. They should easily have dropped about 4 more as well
Yep, 2 wins out of 7 is shocking enough.
But then you remember one of those wins was that dodgy 98th min winner v Newcastle!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If for even a second you ever think that, remember some of their fans and how they go on.
Or see TAA's smug little face.
Or Van D's arrogance.
Or Klopp's excuses.
Or Robertson's general hatefulness.

Or just Hendo. Full stop

Chief123

Yep, 2 wins out of 7 is shocking enough.
But then you remember one of those wins was that dodgy 98th min winner v Newcastle!
3 wins out of 9 including the champions league. And the win in champs league was a last minute job as well!

they’ve literally only won 1 game comfortably this season against bournemouth who forgot to arrive at the stadium.

No Idea For Nickname

Ok, which one of you is this one?
dissapointed, Klopp should have just thrown some CMs and defend that 3-2.
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Incredible argument from Owen - that a team who didn't win either their own league, or the champions league can be the best team in Europe!
Yes a cup final is a one off game, but the league totally dents that argument!

No Idea For Nickname

There are some real whoppers today after a poor result.

1: FSG has said since they took over, they will spend what the club earns. They've done that.

2: They never, ever, have suggested they will "dip into their pockets" . Which is good for us because if they do spend like some cry arses on here want, it will be because they take on debt to appease those who only fecking know..spend , spend , spend. Like fecking Neville and the Mancs. Who whinges about their debt. And shows in SPADES spending doesn't guarantee one fecking thing.

How about supporting our manager and players instead of whinging about spending more or what happens when Klopp leaves. Because the more pressure put on Jurgen for not spending more, not putting the owners under the bus, or chastizing him for his team selections ( and not knowing what the medical staff recommends).. the more likely YOU ( the collective you ) run him out of the club sooner rather than later.
Klopp himself and Van Dijk indicated we needed more reinforcements
Don't let that get in the way of the FSG defence mechanism mate.

Klopp, Van Dijk and 97% of the fan base were all wrong about needing a new midfielder. FSG and the handful of loons who still think they're the best owners we can get were right

FSG bought us for relative peanuts and now have a multi-billion pound club with as big, or even bigger, revenue than Man United. Something that was unthinkable not so long ago. They certainly could and should have invested much more in sustaining what Klopp built. I think people can suggest as much without also wanting an oil state in.

The oil state thing comes in because a lot of people realise that unless you are bankrolled by a nation state now, you can't compete. Even if you manage it in the short term, it's immensely hard to maintain. We've seen the fans of the once proud Manchester City cozy up to murderers because they give them silver. The old Newcastle are the same with their Saudi despotic overlords. We've seen Everton fans on their knees begging for an oil state, and they were overjoyed with the repulsive 'Uncle Uzzy' while they had him. We know Man United sold their souls decades ago, but we still see them and their appalling pundit cheerleader, Gary 'Che' Neville, begging on air for an oil state to take them over.
If people think we are spending big in January, then they are totally wrong.
In order to do what we need, we need another Coutinho type sale.
We don’t really have anyone that we can sell to give us the 100m+ needed
Of course we will spend big in January we will pay a chunk off the ARE. Who needs squad investment when we can buy FSG another stand
Bearing in mind that Ox, Keita, Milner and Firmino are all out of contract next summer:
Who are we going to sell to fund the two new midfielders and new forward we need?
Because we know it won't come from investment

Giggsy13

No, No, and NO.

No Idea For Nickname

Bellingham is a generational talent for the midfield much like what haaland is as a forward. He would future proof our midfield for the next decade and be the foundation around which we can rebuild our entire team, let alone the midfield. The kid literally has no technical weakness and can do everything a modern midfielder can do - he has even more breadth of ability than Gerrard had. We would have a criminal lack of ambition if we didn't try our best to sign him.
What a load of shite
His potential is clearly way out there ahead of any other player in his age group. Every top team in tbe continent wants to sign him. Clearly tbyw know something that you apparently do not.
Bellingham is nowhere near Gerrard. The only player right now that is right on the level of Gerrard plays for a rival team called City and its De Bruyne.
Gerrard won us the champions league followed by the fa cup, and prior to that had won the league cup, fa cup and uefa cup
How is that comparable to what ‘Bellingham’ has won?
Laughable the two are being compared. Gerrard was so, so much better even in his late teens/early 20’s. Bellingham wishes he could do what Gerrard could. He hasnt even got 50% of Gerrard’s ability to pass a ball.
You’re going way overboard here, Gerrard was not as good as Bellingham was at 18/19.
We need more than 1 player and City and Real are involved so we have no chance. People need to forget about Bellingham already, we are not paying 150 million for him.
We are falling behind and not playing well. We scraped past Newcastle, we are quite fortunate to be on 10 points.
FFS sake are we really only on 10 points
I've not looked at the table all season.
We've had batshit crazy reactions today after a draw. I'd hate think what this place will be like when we're finished playing Arsenal and Man City in the next two league games.
If we lose both then we will be in some proper bother. I dont think we will, but there is no sun shining our way out of those. We will be on 10 points out of 9 games
think a lot of people held some sort of hope that now that we have minimal amount of injuries and a nice rest we would look different. Now that hope has been thoroughly squashed and we are left with the not so nice realization that we are in fact a bit shit and there is no false dawn to cling on to.
Or RAWK is full of dickheads and wum's who only turn up when we don;t win games. I mean take your pick as to which one is more accurate on here
Honestly not confident of even beating Rangers. For what they lack in talent they will run and run like their lives depended on it on Tuesday.

They'll have too much intensity for us.
feck me.
I just hope we avoid relegation this season

No Idea For Nickname

:rolleyes: Yes, of course you don't know his name...
Back to real football and not international bollocks.

Really looking forward to this weekend's games, 2 London derbies and the Manc derby. Hopefully that Ten Haagen whatever his name is can get a decent result against his fellow baldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.