RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Their resident gooners are now getting a grilling for not demanding their club be disbanded due to the Partey stuff. And the refs have rigged the league against them because there's a London/Manchester axis ganging up against Liverpool or something.

Addled

Casual racism from “King” Kennys kids. Never unexpected.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
FT 3-2. 14 points off the lead and whichever way you try and spin it, we’re a million miles away from challenging. Referee was poor but we’re simply not good enough.
One side on the way up, one seemingly on the way down. Difference in age and energy was enormous.
Stat showed we’re the third oldest side in the league. It’s a joke that that has been allowed to happen.
City game is irrelevant for me now.
All eggs in the cup baskets and try and get 4th but that will be bloody tough unless we make about 3 new signings in Janaury.
That second half was so depressing, just shit beyond words. We won't get top half playing like this, never mind top 4.
This team looks finished.
Depressingly predictable. Tyler and Neville loved that, the pair of c*nts.
Arteta is a clown.
We're 2 points behind Bournemouth for feck sake
feck this. With defending like that, we are exactly where we should be in the table. feck Oliver too
Remember when we were decent? Those were the days. I fear it may be a long long time till we will be good again. Everything just looks wrong.
What’s the point of even dissecting it? It’s like debating Hulk Hogan beating Andre the Giant, it was literally pre-determined.
We are shit.
Beat by a team of rapists and a gang of reffing nonces
Invest in the team please…
One of the best coaches in the world and you’ve not backed him…
Arteta, Pep, Conte and Tuchel ALL BACKED with Millions…
We are pathetic.
Don’t even think we get top 4 at this rate, can’t see this team clawing back points with how we are at the moment.
Team needs a total rebuild. This league season is finished. I couldn't care about top 4.
We're shite but it doesn't help when we get that dickhead Michael Oliver and his chums on VAR fecking us over at every opportunity.

But yeah...we're shite.
Arsenal acting like they just won the world cup.
Very small time behaviour, straight down from their manager.
The amount of time Saka spent on the ground was laughable. He'll be at the Etihad in a year or so anyway.
Christ we’re going to get slaughtered next week unless we park the bus.
A team that is top of the league and flying needed a ridiculous penalty to beat us so some perspective please. This team has earned it the chance to take some time to get their act together
We obviously have big issues but that was just a total robbery by the officials. Sickening
I think we are behind Bournemouth in the league and probably deserve to be. That’s the team we thrashed 9-0.
Top 4 is gone. I don't care where we finish, save our best players and go all out for the CL its our only hope
Just dreadful all round. Defending, subs, tactical changes (is it 2011 with Hendo right wing?), attacking link up after the second, refereeing, VAR, Mink shithouse opposition managers.
This season has all the same vibes as 2009/10 and 2014/15. The loss in Paris has crippled the team. I don't see how the club recovers without a significant overhaul of the squad.
Top 4 helps recruitment
Money beats top 4 now…
Man Utd signed Antony
Arsenal signed Jesus
People talking about Bellingham, he won’t be playing Europa league at his next destination.
We’ll be lucky to get europa league mate
Rubbish. Instead of evolving our team we are stuck with players that are old ( mostly ), on high wages ,not motivated.
Never mind, I'm sure our next league game will be better :nervous:
Arsenal remind me of us of 4 years ago.
Such a shame that this era for us is ending in this mediocrity.
Doesn't look like any European football for us next season, bak to fighting for top 4 each season, especially with Saudi in the mix
Unfortunately there are around 5 teams younger and better than us at the moment

Varun1

They looked very pedestrian in the few minutes that I watched.

No Idea For Nickname

A decent Champions league side will absolutely kill us over 2 legs IF we get out of the group.
I’m still amazed fans didn’t see this coming oh my, I called it before the season started, lack of investment is killing us, forget top 4 if we lose to city next week we could drop to 16th.
We simply don't have a spine any more
Wont be long until Jurgen says adiós.
14 points off the top. Wow.
League gone
You realised that this afternoon? That’s like me saying, “I’m starting to think Scarlett Johansson won’t sleep with me"
Didn’t show up second half but managed to get an equaliser then just stopped playing. They are a bunch of diving, whinging c*nts but they outran us and pressed far better than we did
We are like Spurs 3 years ago after we beat them in the CL final
Very depressed we chose not to strengthen enough after we won the league.
Arsenal had energy, pace and the sharpness to win 50/50s and 2nd balls that used to be our stock in trade. We have regressed massively in that regard.
Having said that, Arteta learned well from Guardiola - the forwards are all snides, and the team as a whole have a cynicism they once lacked.
Even worse, Everton will be above us soon.
That is probably the least of our problems at the moment.
Neville and Tyler were as bad as Oliver today.
I don't get why anyone would listen to the pair of them. Just turn the sound down, silence is glorious by comparison to hearing that pair drone on.
Jurgen’s loyalty means he’ll be the one that carries all the shit, he won’t throw his players under the bus (despite some deserving it and the bus reversing back over them), he won’t turn on the owners, it’ll be him on his own. My personal opinion is that he’ll walk at some point because he’ll blame himself, not the owners, not the players, himself.
Not sure what to say about that.

Is it too soon to think about the magic 40 points

Subs today were shocking Hendo on right for Salah then Elliott for Jota just stupid.
Shambolic defending as a team has cost us yet again, just as it's cost us all season, and I have no idea how we're going to fix it either. City this time next week too. Hahaha...Oh well...
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

Sell our outstanding world class players at their peak or pay them a competitive wage?
Robertson on £50k pw while Oxlade-Chamberlain has been earning £120k pw to do absolutely nothing in 3 years. Crazy stuff.
I never heard carra commentate on a United game, so why does Neville always get to comment on our games? The imp is so biased it is a joke.
We are fading away and I can see how we can get out of the mess, and what else is there for football? Qatar world cup, Abu Dhabi and Human Rights Haaland, Saudi growth of Newcastle, fecking shite everywhere.
We ain't spending money, we are unlikely to get CL, we aren't going to compete with the oil states unless we join them which will kill the club.
So yeah it's all fecking depressing, and hence why if I could stop watching, stop caring, I would be much happier in life
City next week could be brutal, we can't turn up at thier gaff in the way we have played the last few weeks. Halaand and Co will be looking forward to it.
We’ll definitely get beaten if we turn up at their ground……the match is at Anfield.
Ian wright saying the pen shouldn’t have been given. Consistently one of the few sensible pundits.
Neville did his "ooooooooh....' then an "it's soft" and literally never mentioned it again
They done the same with the handball. Said he'd be lucky to not concede a pen, and neverspoke of it again after the decision
I don't think I'm going to bother any more, it's terrible for my mental health this.
Get a grip, ten games ago we were going for the QUAD.
Entitled fans scuttling around like phantoms

Chief123

It’s a joy watching Liverpool nowadays. Especially because Klopp is so stubborn he’ll keep trying the same thing when it’s clearly broken.

Liverpool were lucky Arsenal didn’t score more. That was a mauling. Liverpool should be grateful the score was respectful. Arsenal had 40+ touches in the opposition box!

No Idea For Nickname

We're wasting the time we have with our greatest manager in my lifetime. So sad to witness.

The greatest thing FSG have done is hire Klopp, the worst thing they've done is rarely backing him.
This!
It'll be an absolute travesty if Jurgen leaves us with 1 PL & 1 CL. Looks like that'll happen if FSG don't change up their entire ethos and invest heavily.
Self sabotage at it's very best.
Defend like that next week and it will be double figures.
Annoying this is that even if we miraculously ended up wining the CL this season, FSG would just sit back and think yep, all is well, no need to buy any new players (as was the case in 2019)
We're being blown out the water financially by our competitors, Arsenal have spent a fortune, Chelsea have just thrown 300 mill in one window, United spend like mad every summer. Klopp can only do so much for so long.
8 mil net spend, we get outspent by fecking everyone. WAKE UP.
We have a higher turnover than Manchester United and Arsenal and they outspend us 4 to 1 every window.
If we spent like Man United we would cease to exist as a club. Go and compare to another successful club like Real over the last few years instead.

Clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd have badly needed investment because they have been utter shite. Abu Dhabi are and exception but let’s face it, they don’t count in the real world.

Now we are clearly showing signs of badly needing investment and the midfield injuries exacerbated the problem. The time to really judge will be in the next two transfer windows, everyone involved with the club deserves the chance to put this right.
My only regret in this whole mess is that Klopp didn’t get a chance to win the title and have a proper parade (without COVID messing things up).
The parade was still great this year.

Not getting the chance to lift the title at a full Anfield is the regret.
Seems there may have been an incident in the game, wonder what was said. For Klopp to say he can’t talk about it suggests it’s on the lines of something serious i.e racist, sexist
Hopefully someone told Jesus he resembles the turd emoji.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Ah the beautiful burn... :lol:
My only regret in this whole mess is that Klopp didn’t get a chance to win the title and have a proper parade (without COVID messing things up).

lysglimt

Scout
The problem isn't that Liverpool havent spent money - they have bought players for over £200 million over the last 24 months - but they have signed midfielder in the aging and injury-prone Thiago- but they have signed 3 attacking players which was their strongest position. The could have dropped Nunez for a quality midfielder

No Idea For Nickname

We'll get annilhated next week so that will probably put us 17 points off first, no way we will get close to Arsenal, never mind city so it's really a case of staying in touch with fourth and if we still have a chance with a few games left.
This place is turning into RedCafe really quickly.

Don't think anyone is happy with the way we're playing, but we need to stop with the dreaded results predictions. It's what children do.

As a Liverpool fan, I go into every game expecting us to win. If we don't we can gripe about it, but when all you do is to predict imminent disasters, why do you bother watching?
FSG is just a red herring.
If it wasn’t for City and their sportswashing, we’d have 3 PL titles instead of just the one.
exactly.
I hate this narrative of regret at ‘only’ winning 1 PL and 1 CL (as well as the other stuff). People seriously need to look beyond LFC, at what is happening.
And no, not a pro FSG post before anyone starts.
We are witnessing the death of football and soon enough we will have to join in or fall away.
Either way, things are looking a bit bleak to say the least
FSG came up with the Super league idea which would've killed every mid table and lower end team in the top 5 leagues. Football has been long dead either we adjust or we die. It wouldn't surprise me if the FSG push for the super league again .
Didn't know FSG were the President of Real Madrid and Juventus.
Henry had been working on the ESL plan with the Glazers for 3 years. Perez and Agnelli wanted to reform the CL with them getting guaranteed places.
It was only COVID and the upfront money that the ESL provided that made them jump ship.
Just look at the average ages. Arsenal are where we were 4 years ago and starting to fly. Not saying they’re going to achieve what we have but we are looking a bit worn out, sadly.
Dont know what's worse - VAR or the stupid comments saying players like Trent, Virgil are finished at this level.
Social media is positively gagging to pitch an FSG vs. Klopp battle amongst the fanbase. Can see the spillover here.
Once he goes, we’re quite truly fecked!
There’s no chance our owners change there ways
Can we start the season again! Someone press restart.
Do we reckon there’s any chance FSG sell us?
Quite clearly they can’t compete with the investment in the league.
Hit the jackpot with Klopp but surely the value of the club won’t grow.
Especially with there moneyball strategy.
I'm waiting for another Elon Musk troll twitter post that he's gonna buy us.
Huh no ? Why would I want a transphobic idiot to own us ?
We're valued at nearly $3 billion. Who is gonig to pay that, that isn't dodgy as feck and then spend a mountain of cash like you want?
To be fair, we have a recent example of exactly this with Chelsea. Not dodgy as feck, just moronic it seems !!
To also be fair that was because another dodgy as feck bastard was forced to sell by the Government.
People aren't demanding a mountain of cash spent mate, just something on a par with Spurs (shite for several years and scraped 4th last season) and Arsenal (haven't qualified for the CL since 2016), both of whom have a net spend four times as high as ours since 2019.
There aren't just two settings in football:
1) Spend feck all
2) Spend like United or Chelsea.
There's actually a whole spectrum of how much we can spend. And we could have spent more without breaking the bank. Not one single person is being unfair when they wonder why our net spend in seven transfer windows since winning the Champions League is as low as £90m.
I get your point mate. But the reason these despot feckers buy shite clubs is to build them up. We as a club are already the elite, so they have barely any interest.
So again unless we fully want to go sportswash bed buddies with Man city and Newcastle etc there isn't anyone who would see the value in buying us
There are more multi billionaires than there are human rights abusing nation states, but people still conclude that if its not FSG, its an evil nation state, fecking weird the length people will go to.
Not beating those cheating bastards in our home games has cost us 2 league titles, We'll win next Sunday when it wont count

arthurka

The problem isn't that Liverpool havent spent money - they have bought players for over £200 million over the last 24 months - but they have signed midfielder in the aging and injury-prone Thiago- but they have signed 3 attacking players which was their strongest position. The could have dropped Nunez for a quality midfielder
They needed a attacking player in for Mane. Origi left as well so they needed both.

No Idea For Nickname

I get sick and tired of hearing you don’t want us to be owned by oil states and that’s the only clubs that spend money.

I struggle to agree with that I agree city, psg, Newcastle is a completely different ball game but in the last 4 years alone.

Spurs £325mil net spend (new stadium)
West Ham £280mil net spend (no champions league)
Wolves £166mil net spend (1 new stand no champions league)
Man Utd £501mil net spend (no champions league)
Chelsea £270mil net spend
Notts for £130mil net spend (championship for most of the time)
Fulham £91mil net spend (championship for some of that time+ new main stand)
Crystal Palace £106mil net spend
Leeds £120mil net spend
Everton £105mil net spend (new stadium)
Aston Villa £255mil net spend
Arsenal £375mil net spend (no champions league)
Liverpool £90mil net spend

None of those clubs are owned by states but miraculously outspend us a club who will soon announce record turnover, even the much and rightly criticised Mike Ashley spent more in his last 3 years at Newcastle which when I heard I couldn’t believe.
Top post.
FSG have taken advantage of the gullible minority happy to have a club that spend what it earns.
Everyone is spending more because they are factoring in the increased value of the clubs themselves
Have you checked the accounts of all these clubs? United we know are up to their necks in debt due to the Glaisters there are also rumours about other clubs as well. You make it sound like it's the easiest thing in the world, Al. These clubs may spend more than us but as to how it will affect them in the future remains to be seen. There is an awful lot about football finance that is not known and doesn't become known until it all begins to come crashing down.
No matter how many times I see these stats, I still can't believe it. It's mind boggling.
This is all a little pointless without assessing the state of each club’s balance sheet to be honest. Man United for example have lost US2billion in their market cap over the same period.

The other way to look at it is we achieved this remarkable period of consistency and because of the excellent financial management we are now much better placed to rebuild and replenish this squad. None of the teams you listed have a better chance of winning anything anytime soon than us.

Nobody wants to be patient in football which is understandable but things are definitely not as bad as reading this thread would seem. It could have been avoided yes and it was a big mistake not to invest more this summer, but we are in a good place to rectify it quickly.
According to Forbes in their 2022 review
Liverpool FC are the 5th richest club in the world
Only Real, Barca and Man Utd are ahead…
However, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa can outspend us…
That would make us the 4th richest mate.

No Idea For Nickname

Got tired of FSG so check their Utd thread.
Our game vs City...
Turned down an invitation to the boozer this afternoon - a couple of mates were catching up whilst this was on. Only checked the score on the hour mark, when it was 4-1 - thought I'd usual delight in United's misfortune, my first reaction was almost sadness. Clearly football's been heading in the direction it is for years, but my first thought on seeing it at 4-1 was to think it's not really a derby any longer. Will City fans claim any significant bragging rights during the coming week? Will the defeat mean more to United than defeats at the hands of others in recent years? I'd struggle to put it in terms of sympathy, but I just couldn't help thinking that it isn't really a derby any longer - something that would once have been cherished, and exciting, just seems to have been rendered entirely irrelevant.

Our defeat to United hurt the other week, and their supporters will have revelled in it - we've been a much better run club and had a much better team than them for a long time now, and so they'll have loved giving us a bloody nose. It felt like it mattered because we're playing by the same rules - it feels like City are competing across entirely different criteria.
I've hated United my entire life and them losing was probably the best result for us today, since the league title is almost certainly none of our business this season. And yet still that game gave me zero pleasure.

For all that I grew up despising United and have loved laughing at most of their past 9 years, silently, deep-down I can acknowledge they're a self-made huge club. That's part of what creates the bitterness and the real needle of our rivalry with them. They know we're a huge club and vice versa. It makes us more desperate to be above the other, because it all has meaning. Historical, built-over-generations meaning. That's a crucial thing.

City have no meaning. No built success. No struggle against the odds. No sense of earning a single thing. Their presence at the top is a big fat nothing, a black hole sucking the meaning out of the whole footballing landscape. Worst thing that ever happened to the game, both domestically, and at elite European level. If sporting achievement isn't about earning it anymore, then what does it matter?
have mixed feelings because City have ruined English football but I dislike United. Since we can't win it, I hope City walk it.
And that’s the attitude that made the country cheer city on v us
Our hate for each other and rivalry is making us miss the assassination of football
feck that. C’mon the gooners.
Its a curious thing.
Our fanbase abhors the sportswashers but hope they win the league over a non sportswashing Man Utd.
And yet resent Man Utd when they would rather see a sportswashing team win at our expense.
Strange.
Feel like their games against United are where it's sort of acceptable to smile about them handing out a thrashing to be honest. United have spent enough money themselves to be challenging had they spent it wisely, plus they gleefully toured the country rubbing their success in everyone's faces when they were on top - albeit that success was earned far more than City's has been.

If United winning would do us a favour then obviously I'd back them but find it hard to feel much sympathy otherwise, despite the odiousness of City themselves. It was obvious within five minutes the game was never going to be a contest so I just sat back and took pleasure in seeing United get humped, trying to forget who and what they were being beaten by.

They loved it when City's dubiously funded financial machine were pipping us by a point to titles.
Well it’s funny, but I’m not saying too much as we play city soon…!
Same, I haven't been mocking any of the office United fans this morning, as we will be similar dicked and humiliated in 2 weeks time.. So better keep karma in balance
I absolutely love seeing the Mancs get battered. It's one of the joys of being a football fan. Thing is, I'd much rather see them getting embarrassed by a fellow football club rather than an abhorrent nation state playing fantasy football club ownership for political purposes.

All yesterday showed was the death of football in this country. A proper club being embarrassed by a Frankenstein's monster. Seeing them getting smashed by Southampton, Liverpool, the former Newcastle etc has been glorious. Yesterday was just another ring on the deathbell of our national sport.
And that was just Haaland.
Omonia game
It's sad to watch Ronaldo play these days. he is so finished
Not as sad as it is to watch Gary (goebbels) Neville sell the Qatar
shit sandwich. The sociopaths of 92.
you won't hear any arguments from me that gary neville isn't a tit and loudmouth who has way too much to say and is in over his head politically
Yeh not a nice way to end his career, should’ve left in the summer. Should be in the mls by now. The minute he realized hes not good enough to get in the United team it’s probably time to retire
He's probably in denial at this point and his ego won't allow him to fade out gracefully.

He already took a step down in going back to the Mancs, but even then he was Everton retirement home standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.