RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I knew it would trigger them when someone dared to suggest that someone (Bellingham) might one day be better than Gerrard :lol: That’s heresy on Rawk, they should have known better.

Vanrouge

:rolleyes: Yes, of course you don't know his name...
Yeah, this kind of thing makes me laugh. Do they not realize it makes them look stupid either way?

1. Either they're being disingenuous and pretending not to know, which makes them look childish and petty.

2. Or they don't know, which puts the lie to their self-congratulatory "most knowledgeable fans" nonsense.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Michael Owen giving it their the best team in Europe without even winning their own league. Danny Murphy saying VVD is the best of all time. I’m hoping they’re on the way down and never managed the dynasty these scouse clowns made out.

mu4c_20le

No one should be taking Michael Owen seriously, I'd rather listen to Merson as he's at least funny. The only thing interesting about Owen is his daughter.

Tyrion

One thing they are right about is that managers like Klopp don't come by everyday. They struck motherlode when they got him, but they aren't building on their success like Fergie teams used to, and all they have to show for one of the best sides in their history is a PL and a CL each.

Hope it stays that way for a long time to come.
They were screwed by City. In a normal era, they'd probably have 3 or 4 titles. Juiced up City have made that impossible.

Tyrion

Yeah, this kind of thing makes me laugh. Do they not realize it makes them look stupid either way?

1. Either they're being disingenuous and pretending not to know, which makes them look childish and petty.

2. Or they don't know, which puts the lie to their self-congratulatory "most knowledgeable fans" nonsense.
That most knowledgeable fan tag is such bollix. I imagine is was made up by Shankley to flatter them and they believed it.

LordSpud

They were screwed by City. In a normal era, they'd probably have 3 or 4 titles. Juiced up City have made that impossible.
In fairness to Liverpool they wont be the only team like that in this Man City era. Unlike Liverpool who failed to refresh and rebuild during their period on a high, City will just keep spending and spending each year, changing the parts of the cog and revitalising the squad to keep the at the top, at least until Newcastle start to spend and snatch up the elite talent and eventually catch them up, then it will be a two horse race.

Of course the only possible way City slips is when Pep goes, but no team will have the consistency that they have over 38 games with that squad they have.

SinNombre

We have finished 2nd to City 3 times, same as Liverpool.

Both clubs have been screwed over by their infinite spending despite what Liverpool fans like to claim.

Tyrion

Both clubs have been screwed over by their infinite spending despite what Liverpool fans like to claim.
That is actually a fair point. Liverpool just failed in more dramatic circumstances to us.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Don't get me wrong. FSG are shit owners but they aren't in the same category as the Glazers.

Klopp has spent money but it's money that he generated through sales so credit to him for that.
Think FSG are up there tbf. Bin Dipper obsessed media and Klopp have protected them.

I mean, they hit the jackpot with Klopp and their spending between 2015-18 and at that point just needed to spend what they earnt ad a Club overall. Instead they held back and let it all go to shite.

I would feel sorry for them, if I didn't hate them to the core of my soul so much.

Klopp looks terrible. Like thoroughly burnt out.
Dortmund Meltdown Pt.2 incoming. Great manager but he needs a team that is either refreshed every five years or it will crash and burn. FSG are ensuring he crashes again.

Ok, which one of you is this one?
I wish I could say it was me. A good joke always as an element of truth.

i really love to see things go badly for these horrible smug holier than thou bastards. Just the absolute worst collection of fans in football.
Said it for years. They're the Catholic Church of football clubs.

Vanrouge

That most knowledgeable fan tag is such bollix. I imagine is was made up by Shankley to flatter them and they believed it.
It's always seemed like the opposite to me, but they love flattery, especially anything that makes them seem noble or like the "good guys." (See also: their obsession with "net spend.") The best example I know from this thread a few years back (or its equivalent) was the Liverpool fan who literally lost an argument to the Manc mate he himself had clearly invented! :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

This Owen rant never gets old.
"They're the team to beat" said Owen at the end of a match that just ended a season where City and Real have beaten them to the trophies this so-called best team in the world were desperate for.

Glad to see Welbeck did the business against them as well, after tearing us a new one earlier in the season.

Revan

Assumptionman

We were like a million points below City (in Ole’s and Mourinho’s seasons) though, and essentially out of the title race by November or so. Liverpool lost 2 titles for like 1-3 points and essentially had the chance to win up to the 38th match.

So I do not think it is comparable. It is also why it hurts more how we didn’t win the title in 2009-2010 (that Drogba offside goal) or 2011-2012 (Aguero) rather than for example in 2005-2006 where we finished second many points below Chelsea and kind of were never in the title race.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That is actually a fair point. Liverpool just failed in more dramatic circumstances to us.
We lost one title in the last seconds of the season on goal difference after QPR just gave up when safe from relegation.

Not sure you could get more dramatic than that unless we were playing City in the last game, like the Arsenal v Liverpool title decider years back.

Fully Fledged

We were like a million points below City (in Ole’s and Mourinho’s seasons) though, and essentially out of the title race by November or so. Liverpool lost 2 titles for like 1-3 points and essentially had the chance to win up to the 38th match.

So I do not think it is comparable. It is also why it hurts more how we didn’t win the title in 2009-2010 (that Drogba offside goal) or 2011-2012 (Aguero) rather than for example in 2005-2006 where we finished second many points below Chelsea and kind of were never in the title race.
You do realise that there is a serious Liverpool thread? This thread is made for laughing at Liverpool fans.

Alan Partridge

Liverpool gotta have the record for most impressive second place finishes. Classic Liverpool record:lol:

Chief123

City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd

After seeing how incoherent Liverpool have been so far this season, they’ll do well to finish above 2 out of the above teams which they’ll need to do to get top 4.

Normally I’d feel like they’ll get it right eventually, but something is clearly not right at Liverpool. Nunez already looks like a huge problem which they are trying to ride by using Firmino and jota. But what’s most concerning for them is there seems to be a lack of appetite and desire in the players. No energy which is key to the way they play.

Irrational.

But they beat Bournemouth 9-0 :(

Satisfying to see them deflated. Teams no longer play fearing them. Anfield is no longer a fortress.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd

After seeing how incoherent Liverpool have been so far this season, they’ll do well to finish above 2 out of the above teams which they’ll need to do to get top 4.

Normally I’d feel like they’ll get it right eventually, but something is clearly not right at Liverpool. Nunez already looks like a huge problem which they are trying to ride by using Firmino and jota. But what’s most concerning for them is there seems to be a lack of appetite and desire in the players. No energy which is key to the way they play.
You also don't finish top four in the beginning of October. Otherwise Moyes would be licking his CL badge kissing lips. The key is to find form when it matters.

Chief123

You also don't finish top four in the beginning of October. Otherwise Moyes would be licking his CL badge kissing lips. The key is to find form when it matters.
Yes of course form is what all teams are seeking. But having players who don’t seem to be showing the will to run or desire to put in the effort is worrying for a manager. It’s not like Liverpool are giving their all and just unlucky. There’s players on the pitch who just don’t seem like they are up for the fight anymore. Whether it’s tiredness or lack of desire who knows, they need to turn it around quick. Especially with Arsenal and city next.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
This isn't the Liverpool discussion thread...

crossy1686

career ending
Hate to break it to you lads but absolutely no one on here has the ability to influence any of the Liverpool results. If they go on to win the game it's got nothing to do with anything MUFCForEver posted

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Hate to break it to you lads but absolutely no one on here has the ability to influence any of the Liverpool results. If they go on to win the game it's got nothing to do with anything MUFCForEver posted
Not true!

Status
Not open for further replies.