RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Very worrying signs for them, klopp may not fancy doing a rebuild the whole squad needs rejuvenation.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It seems Henderson may have said something he shouldn't have to Gabriel. No details yet.

Not RAWK related but if Henderson has said something nasty along the lines of racism, it's a bit rich isn't it, considering how he'd be a no mark player with little trophies to show for it were it not for him playing alongside the likes of Salah and Mane.

Come to think of it, didn't stop John Terry even though Drogba, Ashley Cole and Essien played huge roles in Chelsea's successes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The problem isn't that Liverpool havent spent money - they have bought players for over £200 million over the last 24 months - but they have signed midfielder in the aging and injury-prone Thiago- but they have signed 3 attacking players which was their strongest position. The could have dropped Nunez for a quality midfielder
Thats so true. They claim that they are the most knowledgeable fan based in the world and yet skew numbers like that? Judging from their 'lack of investment' comments, you would have thought they have done nothing in the past couple of windows.

RoyH1

This is like a Renaissance work of art. Every loop I find something different. The guy popping out from nowhere, the guy having a stroke, the tourist just filming with his camera.

What is it about Liverpool that brings out such folklorical characters?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I could actually empathise with this guy - United have had me feeling like this on occasion, particularly during the last ten years.
Goes to show that clubs all have their cycles. The only question is how long their wavelengths are

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Dippers are lucky to have 10 points imo. Palace cowered to them when they went down to ten men, Newcastle were only beaten in the 98th minute and their draws against Fulham and Brighton saw them as the second best team for most of the match. Feckers could be on 7 points or less and it wouldn't even be an unfair reflection.

Personally I think they're done for a decade or so now. I say this as;

A) FSG don't invest above the bare minimum
B) They lost Edwards who got them excellent bang for buck in the transfer market
C) Their core players are all aging at the same time
D) Klopp has only ever shown himself to be a one cycle manager who crashes and burns at the end as everyone is shagged out from running around like a lunatic for 6 years.

Peak cycle over.

PaulRich

They've had their best team for decades and one of the worlds best managers at the peak of his powers and he's won as much as Gerard Houllier did without a treble - they've George Bested it and they know it only too well. Its a fecking glorious sight to behold.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dippers are lucky to have 10 points imo. Palace cowered to them when they went down to ten men, Newcastle were only beaten in the 98th minute and their draws against Fulham and Brighton saw them as the second best team for most of the match. Feckers could be on 7 points or less and it wouldn't even be an unfair reflection.

Personally I think they're done for a decade or so now. I say this as;

A) FSG don't invest above the bare minimum
B) They lost Edwards who got them excellent bang for buck in the transfer market
C) Their core players are all aging at the same time
D) Klopp has only ever shown himself to be a one cycle manager who crashes and burns at the end as everyone is shagged out from running around like a lunatic for 6 years.

Peak cycle over.
Perhaps time to reintroduce the chart into the thread.

ShoePolish

Thiago was a good signing to keep them competitive at the time, but he wasn't the right age. Their midfield has aged like milk, and now needs major investment soon, while other areas starting to look like will need investing too. They don't have the legs to press, Salah can't be arsed, Nunez is a donkey that they will refuse to admit, TAA needs some rough treatment, and by the time they will replace their midfield, their defence and attack will need overhauls. Major job by the looks of it, hope Klopp can't be arsed.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
nothing to do at work yet, sooo...

TAA

Still can’t believe his defending for the 2nd goal.
In which game?
In this team, and without the energiser bunnies in midfield to cover his forward runs, I think a role wide right midfield with licence to do damage to the opposition is the way forward for him. He is way too exposed at right back in this team.
Having his first bad patch and people going over the top.
He's just not a full back.

Simple as.
He managed it for five years well enough with a competent midfield. He’s not anything else. He’s not spent years of his development getting the skills to play in midfield.
Gomez got exposed as much RB but did deal a little better but he simply is a better defender and doesn’t push up as much. Not things that help the Trent situation.
Given that we have nothing to lose, I wouldn't mind seeing him in midfield now. Gomez was great, let him play RB.

SALAH

Mo living a charmed life.
I'm giving him a free pass as I'm worried about how he's going to pay his energy bill on minimum wage.
#newbigmoneycontract
To me it's a big being off it and a bit the whole team. A few times he was calling for the ball over the top and no one bothered to try it
So has be peaked?
He peaked and is now on the decline. Yes we should have sold him, but he wasn’t going to leave, so it was either a free next season or a new contract.
Load of know alls in here.
Most of what I read was give him the money. There’s so many wise after the event.
Give Elliott his role midweek.
I don't see how that would help, just means less speed and physicality and finishing ability in that position. Elliott is a more creative passer but that's it.
We need to stop picking players who are not producing and Mo hasn't produced since January.

We're at that point where could Elliott be any worse.
He's become civilized. He doesn't have the hunger to play for us anymore. Another pathetic display
When we decide Henderson can do a better job on the wing, something is wrong.
Henderson legs are gone. Mo doesn’t pin his full back ‘back’ - no wonder Trent keeps getting exposed!
He's not dangerous anymore at all. Not getting shots, not beating players, so on so forth.

Seems like the answer to 'who to keep between Salah and Mane' was actually neither. Nobody could have guessed it. Also we should have answered this question two years ago. Ah well.
Some did.

It's either physical, mental, or both.
Most things are
6 goals from open play in his last 35 games apparently.

ARSENAL-LIVERPOOL part2

We will get absolutely spanked by City, mainly because not a soul can handle Haaland and we definitely won’t either.
Haaland isn't the issue for me, it's their midfield that is light years ahead of ours. KDB and Froden are going to have a field day. Haaland will just be on the end of everything.

Saying Klopp has grown attached to some of his players isn't a load of bollocks though.
No but blaming him for our demise is. He’s grown attached because that was his only option.
Have to say it i thought Jurgen looked absolutely shattered after the match in the interviews.
Think he looks fine, he is disappointed but let’s not make it sound worse than it is.
Have to say it's a proper loss this. I know I'm not alone but fecking hell I have absolutely lost my head here.
I think it’s because we have played all our cards. Tactical tweaks, bollockings, new players etc.
Still it’s all not bad, we have won loads and the road to Klopp’s new team starts here. It’s quite exciting.
With the latest stadium expansion being the last bit of planned work for the foreseeable, we'll have to see if/how the spending changes now that everything we earn should be going into the squad.
The worry is if we feck up top four it gives a fresh reason to keep those purse strings tight.
That only works though if we make top 4. We have made more from the CL under Klopp than FSG spent to buy the club.
Let that sink in.
All these comments over money spent etc. Get a grip. Money spent says nothing about our drop in form. Stop looking for excuses outside of our staff and in particular, the playing staff. We are playing shite. End of
This is such nonsense. Loads of people have been making the point that the engine room of a Klopp team, the midfield, is running on fumes and an injury away from being very dysfunctional. It turns out the age has caught up with Henderson and perhaps Thiago (who's also injury prone). It's not the only problem, and there are age issues elsewhere in the squad too, but we're an old squad with very few midfielders at their physical peak. Anyone who thinks athleticism and pace in midfield wouldn't help us is mad.
First 10 games don't count anyway...
Hope is not lost yet. With some signings in January I can see us finishing top half.
We need to be aiming at 62 points from 30 games from here to be entertaining top 4. Will take a miracle.
As an aside we appear to have sent 2 injured players back onto the pitch today - seems like everyone at the club has collectively lost their heads at the moment
It happens quite often that if someone picks up a knock in the first half, they'll try and soldier on until half time. I've never understood this. I get that sometimes it just takes a bit of running after a slight knock and you are good to carry on, but it should become obvious within a few minutes. Either the player is able to play at full tilt or not. If they can't then they should come off, especially in games where the margins are quite fine and you can't have any passengers.
Arsenal had a game on Thursday while we played on Tuesday.
They looked faster, fitter, and sharper than us.
Caveat being that we played the same starting 11 and they rested some players but all of martinelli, odegaard, xhaka, tomiyasu, saka, white, jesus played a part on Thursday.
Gotta love the fecking VAR cowards. No penalty from what was an obvious penalty, and then no review for something that was not a penalty.
fecking disgrace.

Excuse my fecking language.

We need to start hitting a run starting v City 13+ pts from our next 6 is my absolute minimum atm. Play like we did in the 1st half & we’ll be alright.
good luck

Incident on the pitch has been referred to the FA. Something was said between Gabriel, xhaka and hendo. And hendo seemed fuming. That’s why Oliver came over to speak to the two managers.
If we're on the receiving end, we'll be sanctioned, if it's Arsenal, slap on the wrist.

They had 2-2 FT on their Match day thread title for hours......

Can someone please change the title. If I came on here to find our result without any other means of doing so, I’d be well pissed off to later discover the true result. Or is somebody in denial?
Is your Ceefax broken?

You can tell from the page count things haven’t gone well.
I also thought we drew - I was in ignorant bliss for a while. My transistor radio is malfunctioning before you start -
See, we made you feel briefly better.
I’ve sent you a Telegram with the final score. Should be with you tomorrow.
I was at the game , smart arses. Just a bit shabby/ childish, to not post the correct result.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
On City..
At this point, i really don't care anymore. I want them to win everything and take the piss out of everyone.
It’s not about the money anyway, they brought him ‘home’
Home = A club completely different to the one we see now that he Dad barely played for in 3 seasons
Heard on radio this morning the story of Haaland's apparent salary Inc bonuses is around 900k a week. Financial fair play and all that jazz
Almost £1M a week for Haaland! Lucky they picked him up for such a bargain fee!
That’s without all the other ‘Mancini payments’ too.
I wonder if he is also an employee of 3key or 8xbet. Should get a hefty employee of the month bonus from them too.
As I said earlier they are literally buying the CL. The last piece of the sportswashing playbook.
Glad to see the financial reality of the Haaland deal start to come out.
But he's a bargain. If they win the CL the sportswash is complete.
It'll be forgotten by next week. He's cheaper than Darwin dontchyaknow, lolol stupid scousers think they're transfer masters.
See, Manchester City is saving football from the evil scousers from winning trophies.
The Bastards worth every penny, has to pay 45% in tax remember..
I’m sure that’s taken care off with his other payments.
If he’s paying 45% of £900,000 a week his accountants should be out of a job.
Prob gets paid straight into a tax exempt account in Abu Dhabi.
So City still have lower revenue than us (and we know most of their supposed revenue is probably a sham as well), yet can afford to pay a player almost a million a week? Yep, that seems fine too. Carry on everyone.
Football is indeed a lie. It's over, really, until such time as we get the oil clubs out of the league, because it will only get worse. It takes a Klopp and a brilliantly assembled team at its absolute limit to even stay at the same pace as this kind of financially doped beast, and we can't do it forever.
I'd love to see Jurgen pull off one or two more miracles (another European Cup would be lovely, knocking City out in the semis, ta), but long-term, I can't see how "normal" clubs will compete with this nonsense, because Abu Dhabi Soccer Team and FC Beheading (North East Branch) will not stop, and indeed, might drive each other to new heights of spending (hidden or otherwise), that no one else can live with.
Clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, Liverpool, etc with huge global fanbases and attraction to sponsors would expect to recoup some of that outlay through increased profile leading to higher sponsorship, etc.
With their small fanbase and lack of genuine sponsors, that Haaland money is all coming from the dictatorship that owns them.

Abu Dhabi cheerleader Richards blowing smoke up their arses as I type on MOTD. Nauseating stuff
I see he's earning his blood money nicely today then.
Yes, but he laughs like a drain so he must be an ok guy

I fecking hate the media and how they are such shithouses not calling out the cheating c*nts
Haaland is a freak yes and incredible.
But where are all these stats being pulled from? Most goals in first 9 games, first to 15 goals etc.
Guardiola yesterday: 'Haaland is an incredible weapon'.

He certainly is Pep - like all the other weapons in your charade of a club.
Darren Lewis on talk sport just referred to Man City and Haaland as "a Humble team and a Humble player"
Just keeps his feet on the ground and focuses on scoring goals.
Nothing about the Millions he is making, or millions he made his dad and super agent. No Haaland is "humble" and so suits City perfectly
feck off, There's too many fecking morons involved with this sport who peddle shit like this and the "bantz" culture eats it up. We should all just bin football off at this point or go follow a non-league side since football is more or less dead at this point.
Darren Lewis also claims to be a Liverpool supporter.
https://twitter.com/CitehSab/status/1577924558039941120?t=wyPQoZFMWHQzLLpS4cRlng&s=19

Awful. Try and create a fake atmosphere to go with their fake club. Like being at a pop concert.
Shit lightshow, superb tune (Meet Her at the Love Parade), crap audience.
Crikey, that sums them up to a tee.
Reminds me of playing Streets of Rage on the Mega Drive when you get to the final boss.
They really don't help themselves with that and that terrible guy on the tannoy
You can just see they were established in 2012. Everything about them is fake and manufactured. From the LED flags, to the dodgy sponsors to try and look like a valuable commodity, all the way to trying too pass off this shit lightshow as a "great atmosphere".
Maybe it's us, maybe we are out of touch with the way modern football should be run.

By the way, we're not. They are shit on every level imaginable.
The moron who tweeted that is actually proud of it. Like hes upset its not shown on the telly. They just dont get it on any level.
Number of fines cheering 5
number of epileptic fits 35000
Darren Lewis i remember when Arsenal made that laughable bid for Suarez.
He was all over on Radio, Sky and in his article in The Mirror saying Suarez should go to Arsenal and Liverpool shouldn't stand in his way.
I'm wary of his LFC supporting claims.
I'm guessing City will create a Laser Light company to sponsor them for £50 million a season now.

Mr. Robot

The great irony is, Liverpool fans were celebrating every title City won when the Abu Dhabi takeover first happened. I mean, this is fair in a sense as they didn’t want us winning the league.

But some of them may as well be wearing City shirts around the time. Be careful what you wish for!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The great irony is, Liverpool fans were celebrating every title City won when the Abu Dhabi takeover first happened. I mean, this is fair in a sense as they didn’t want us winning the league.

But some of them may as well be wearing City shirts around the time. Be careful what you wish for!
Been saying this for years. When it stopped us winning 3-4 more titles and the numerous times they knocked us out of the league Cup, there was none of this crying about sport washing from them. They loved it.

Now it's cost them some titles they're all holier than thou

MUFC OK

It's not that surprising though. The sheer scale of the mental and physical task involved is monumental. We've been the most highly performing non-steroidal side in English football history. The best legitimate side this country has ever seen. Competing with, and often beating, a grotesque freak show in the process.
On Liverpool's pattern of following a good season with a below par one.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Absolutely not, but could see not-so-secret crisis talks with the board where he demands £150m in January, for example.
I think he will leave at the end of the season - he'll be germanys next manager after the current man does shite at the world cup

romufc

I dont get these Liverpool fans. A couple seasons ago raving about net spend trophy, how good Klopp is at making players better, working on a budget etc... Now crying they dont spend money when they had a go at teams who did.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
There will be a hell of a lot of bitterness from their fans if he goes there, or anywhere for that matter.
You think? They still worship Benitez who went on to Chelsea, Real and Everton after. Surely Klopp’s legacy is secure there.

MUFC OK

You think? They still worship Benitez who went on to Chelsea, Real and Everton after. Surely Klopp’s legacy is secure there.
I think so, yeah. Especially if they massively underperform this season. His legacy is secure either way.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It's not that surprising though. The sheer scale of the mental and physical task involved is monumental. We've been the most highly performing non-steroidal side in English football history. The best legitimate side this country has ever seen. Competing with, and often beating, a grotesque freak show in the process.

On Liverpool's pattern of following a good season with a below par one.
Surely that is someone from here on a wind up?

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
They were screwed by City. In a normal era, they'd probably have 3 or 4 titles. Juiced up City have made that impossible.
No. If you really sit and think about it, it was clubs like City responsible for their whole era. Think about it. PSG splashed it all on Neymar. Barca decided to splashed that money on Coutinho, before that klopp was struggling with liverpool, sure yes they were good. But that 110mil coutinho money was what opened an era for them. Sure, they spend it well but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.