RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Considering it's the greatest Liverpool team since the 90s and they only managed to win 1 title and 1 CL is laughable.

Another rebuild incoming and they won't win it for the next 5 years. :lol:
In 5 years time it will be 15 years since Utd would have won the league. Sorry, I was just doing some mental arithmetic for context. :angel:

crossy1686

career ending
Now we have a better midfield:

I think we we have the worst midfield in the league apart from the bottom 6 teams in the league currently hence our terrible performances this season.

Partey, odergard, xhaka 2 of these 3 walk straight into our starting 11
De bryne, gundogan, Rodri all 3 start in our 11
Casemeiro, penandes, Erikson 2 from 3
Kante, mount, kovacic 1 from 3
Bentacur, kulusevski, bissouma 2 from 3

I could go on.......
He got roasted a bit in the post match PC. Got told his team are falling apart and another question was them quoting Robbo saying the team is getting worse.
Saint Rafa
Some people will never be happy till he's hounded out, just like Rafa was
Isn't it amazing how when its an English manager like Potter people aren't so happy to put the pressure on?
More like Hassenhutil
Media would fecking love it if he left or got sacked. Can peddle a rebirth under Thomas Frank or some shit, or bring in a media friendly bully like Tuchel.
Benitez all over again. Two great managers and wonderful human beings, with owners that cant appreciate quality. Count your money FSG, must be sad to be so shallow though
First manager, then players, then club. That order:
Walk out Jurgen. You deserve better
Passive aggressive infighting starts
Yep. Lots of people finding their confidence to build towards the ever predictable, almost apologetic Klopp Out comments.

You know the type, the "I love the man but I feel it is time to move on" type comments.

The rats coming out the woodwork
Massive delusion
Greatest manager we've had since Paisley. Has rebuilt this club. Has my support. Klopp 2.0 will be a trophy machine.
Even greater human being.

Vanrouge

To be fair, Castle Grayskull kind of has a "Mt Doom" feel to the name. Which is probably what they thought they were going for.
Yeah, I think they confused themselves. Even if Castle Grayskull had been the bad guys' home, it still has a kind of cool evil sound, so it never really worked as an insult.

crossy1686

career ending
We've found their Maguire; Joe Gomez:
Imagine your CB ducking out of a header in the middle of the pitch!
A terrible defender.
What was he doing
Losing 2-1. long throw in added time of added time.....nope straight to the feet of Curtis Jones, gets it back...will he cross? Naaaa, sends it back towards our own goal. IQ of about 16.
Embarassing really.
I would expect better from a child defending against Messi.
Absolutely pathetic for the goal, jumping and turning his back. My 12 year old lad did something similar this morning and I roasted him for it.
He is fecking shite.
That back turning duck was fecking disgusting at any level. Utterly shameless and there is no forgiving it
Seen squirrels with bigger footballing brains.
He turned his back on the attacker for Brighton’s third goal just two weeks back. It would be hilarious if it were a defender at any other club.
The lack of respect that people show for loyal servants is disgusting.
Joe had become our easy target. Robertson was at fault if anything. Mitoma did really well. How was he supposed to stop that?

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Absolutely pathetic for the goal, jumping and turning his back. My 12 year old lad did something similar this morning and I roasted him for it.
Of course you did la

crossy1686

career ending
Salah:
30 years old, Highest paid player at the club:
Confidence is shot to bits.
Contract is starting to look a bit stupid now.
Looking like a lost Andros Townsend recently.
Needs to trim his beard.
Salah to blame for Nunez and Gakpo being shit:
Nunez, Gakpo and to a lesser extent Elliott will not flourish with him in the team. They're all looking for him rather than playing their natural game.
Everyone else's fault
Must be hard when no one around you is pulling players away from you giving you some space
I would sell Salah in the summer
We won’t be able to sell Salah even if we tried.

Who would buy him on the money he is on and his age?
Ahem. Can someone, you know, change the title? [Mohamed Salah - Best in the World]

crossy1686

career ending
Nunez:
So what we actually signed was a speedy winger.
For a potential club record fee, baffling signing.
If you're gonna bring him on please for the love of god play him through the middle!
Yeah really don’t understand playing him from left and Gakpo in middle when they’re both on.
We saw the bad part of his game today. Kept on misplacing easy passes.
Wasn’t there stories that the recruitment team were against signing him as his underlying numbers were poor and that we passed up on nkunku for him because klopp and ljinders were so impressed by him in the CL?
Fairly poor today...expected fireworks when he came on....more of a soggy banger
Looked lazy when he came on
Ready to accept it now:
Hate to say it but I don't think he will ever make it here. You can usually tell pretty quick with a player but he's just not our type of player.
And we're back to this again after a substitute appearance
There’s been a few articles that the scouting team were against his signing. Think klopp and pep pushed for this one.
Ok so back to him being shit lump who we wasted money on. fecking love this thread I do.
I'm Not going to sit and slag him of game after game and really hope he does come good. I just don't see him Being that 20 a season striker unfortunately.
New stat to hang your hat on
Would be nice if we played one the biggest shot getters in football in his position instead of out wide
It’s mad that we spent this much money on a lad who doesn’t have the attributes we want from a forward.

And now he’s playing left wing.

Genuinely looked so poor when he came on and didn’t look arsed.

crossy1686

career ending
Gakpo:
Struggling to see what he offers us. He's slow and lethargic and just not very good at the moment. He won't even get into the side when Diaz and Jota are fit.
I can see there being a decent player there. Why we went for him now is beyond me. What issue is he solving exactly?
He’s not better than Diaz, Jota or Nunez. One of the more baffling non-loan deals we’ve done this side of Ben Davies.
Ultimately, he's our 6th choice attacker. You don't get many 6th choice players at his level.
Our recruitment is no longer very well thought through. Once you realise that it all gets a lot easier to process.
Has he resistered a shot on target yet?
Looked a bit better today but remains a bizarre use of money in this particular window. Symptomatic of the total collapse of our once universally admired transfer system.
Salah, the guy who made an assist and had a shot cleared off the line?

But Gakpo played well……
He's slow and that's the biggest worry for me. Slow forwards struggle in this league. He reminds me so much of Origi.
Response:
He's deceptively nippy.
He appears slow. As did Origi. He's very different to what I'd describe as a Klopp attacker.
Surely you want horizontal runs, no?
Played quite well, pressed well, passed well, positioned well. Couple of decent vertical runs through midfield as well, like Ox used to do before his injuries.

crossy1686

career ending
Fabinho:
Might be the biggest drop off I’ve ever seen. Sell him in the summer.
He should just retire.
Ain't happening. We will probably offer him a new contract
I;m convinced now the real Fabinho is back in Brazil and we have a conman among us.
He's absolutely finished mate.
What a cameo
Absolutely grim when he came on.
Gerrard v United in his last season vibes.
Should have seen red. Maybe they would have done us a favour if he was banned for three matches.
At this stage I would be happy if he never plays another minute for us. Complete liability.
It's always a lack of confidence with Liverpool players, never anything permanent.
You can clearly see it's a lack of confidence
Looks like he is done. Shocking decision not to give him a red card.
Double his money with 5 more years.
Crazy how shit he has become. How on earth do we convince anyone to pay us some kind of transfer fee for him
Dreadful.

100% should have been sent off.
That was as clear a red card as you'll ever see.
Stop fecking bringing him on. Every game he comes out, he’s stinking the place out. Runs like a 70 year old man.
He got to go this summer as well… he’s being outplayed by a youth player
Jesus, just drop him completely. He really provides absolutely nothing except chaos for the other team.
Completely gone, head is absolutely fried

As bad a cameo as I can remember
Now a danger to oppo players as well as his own team. I just can’t work out what is happened to the guy. The ball just bounces off him all the time. No touch and no timing anymore.
That's generous
2 days of the window still left.
His reaction after the tackle was odd too. Seemed like he wanted to be sent off.
It looked like a competition winner stepped onto the pitch.
His legs aren't just gone, they've fallen off. He's absolutely done.
his demeanor after that foul was that of a man who know’s he’s done at this level.
Don't know what's happened to him,looks ripe for a Serie B loan
Almost like he wanted to get sent off to spend more time sitting on his arse. Finished.
He was the worst player on the pitch and he only played for 15 minutes.
That was up there with the worst cameos you'll see in football. Looked like he was wearing lead boots, gave it away. And then to cap it off, crocked the most promising Irish player for years. Should've been red carded for that awful challenge. Thanks Fab.
Such a stupid fecking tackle from behind. fecking liability.
So sad to see the decline - wonder if there are some underlying mental issues, after the tackle he looked like a completely broken guy on the verge of tears
His reaction to the tackle was pathetic.
He became a father in the summer. Bit of a gamechanger for him. Could well be part of it.
Yep - could be lack of sleep. Footballers have lives too.
Yeah it genuinely rivals a decline like Alexis Sanchez' now.

SinNombre

In 5 years time it will be 15 years since Utd would have won the league. Sorry, I was just doing some mental arithmetic for context. :angel:
In 5 years time, it will be almost 40 years since Liverpool fans saw their team win a league in person. Just more context.

moodyred

When people on this forum starts to sympathise with Liverpool fans, you know this Liverpool team is completely done. I am looking forward to the day.

crossy1686

career ending
Monday morning and they're trying to paint the 'we were unlucky' and 'we played well for 70 minutes' picture over there today. One voice of reason though:

It was 2.01 to 0.97 on xG.
They 56% possession.
They had 13 shots to our 8
They had 6 shots on target to our 2.
Not sure I'd call that even. We've played them three times this season and conceded 8-goals and been the worse team each time.
Yep, think the level of the performance against them is being overrated. They have absolutely battered us in 2 matches and if anything we have done well to draw one and lose one right at the death. We are miles behind them as a team.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
No worries mate, it brings me a lot of joy these days
It is a lot od joy, isn't it?
Great work!
Had a great laugh.
Now, they new found love for Chelsea.
So they're still interested in signing Caicedo, Enzo and Gusto, could be another 200mil this window? I don't think anyones ever spent like this, what's happening? Nkunku meant to join as well?
I initially read that as 'Gutso' and thought Boehly was rehiring Lampard.
Them giving those 7-8-9 years deal will screw them once most of those players end up being a flop and they will have to pay then off for the remainder of their contracts.
It feels like only a slightly less stupid idea than the Barcelona "levers". By spreading so many big transfers over so many future years they're severely eating into their FFP wriggle room for the best part of the next decade. If the crop of players signed now don't deliver then they're going to struggle to refresh things much.
Ignoring the fat c*nt and self-appointed owner/sporting director/manager-in-chief, why are his hedge fund backers Clearwater signing off on this level of irresponsible spending? There's no significant benefit seen on the pitch, no short/medium-term ROI, no infrastructure benefit (development of SB has taken a back seat), and certainly no end game (like the ESL) that makes any sort of sense here, so why?
"You've gotta speculate to accumulate, buddy"

Im sure I read that they have Saudi backers to in the group ?
I mean the money being spent is so wild that no strict business person would authorise this so "where is the money coming from?"
I was thinking there must be a gulf state in there somewhere.
No way would any other owner be throwing money like that around.
Both Saudi linked with Gordon and Newcastle want Ziyech nothing to see though
Fofana: £71m
Cucurella: £58m
Sterling: £50m
Kouliably: £34m
Badiashile: £34m
Chukwuemeka: £16m
Auba: £11m
Fofana: £11m
Santos: £11m
João Felix: £10m
Slonina: £8m
Zakaria: £3m
Mudryk: £88m
Nkunku: £63m

465m in less than a year since cowboy todd took over, and stuck in midtable looking total shite and with no CL next season
All that and he chose Graham Potter
Chelsea already got away with it. with them owing 1.6 billion to russian and it was written off just like that. football allowing worst charachters spend unlimited money at horrible clubs without any consequences
It was basically given to them to spend again on transfers.
Ok so where are Chelsea getting all of this money? Like seriously.
Amortisation over long contracts. Exploiting a loophole.

UEFA just announced that contract amortisation duration will be 5 years from the next window.
That's hilarious UEFA are immediately changing the rules after 5 minutes of Todd Boehly
Just saw a post on Facebook that these feckers have spent more in the last 6 months than we have in the last ten transfer windows.
How does FFP work here? They out spent the likes of City and Newcastle. Where do all these players fit in a 25 man squad?
That's to do with FFP though. I meant how are they paying clubs for their players and how are they paying all of these players?
I understand how the long contracts and sales proceeds may mean they just about squeal through on FFP. What I cannot for the life of me understand is how Clearlake’s investors are okay with all this money being thrown at the club. Where are the returns on that money coming from?
Off the short time of playing against us, Mudryk looks decent
Yeah I had never seen him play before that but he looked electric. Can see him having a big impact for them in rest of the season
He did but we make Solly March look like Messi.

Their talent pool is a joke now though when you add Felix and whoever else they sign this week.
More weirdo by the day this club. Just baffled how they are just endlessly spending. Trying to buy every available player on earth so no one else can have them, sound like fecking scalpers. Also more fool the stupid ass players signing, mostly mercs after easy money id guess, since they will hardly ever play a game.

What a pointless and headless chicken shambles they are right now.
The fat feck has nearly spent £300m in a year.
This is going to end in disaster, isn't it?
I can't see how this is sustainable. Especially considering they're going backwards. They're not getting Champions League next year anyway. How about another season without? It will end in tears. Certainly not mine.
Nah, we're all just jealous of their spending apparently
Imagine if Simeone goes to this lot at the end of the season, they'll be horrible.
Would require another 300m+ to sign the snidiest players on offer. They're half way there, to be fair.
What I hope is that in a few years time when Chelsea are once again tiny and insignificant, people will still remember what arrogant racist horrible bunch of cnuting fan base they have, and not slide into the feeling sorry for them they suffered enough zone.
When the Chelsea Millwall matches come back as a fixture, I hope you’ll all be backing the lions in the “let’s faacking have it” derby.
They're one and the same. The only difference is one won the lottery. feck them both.
Good point, they should probably merge . The London lions

No Idea For Nickname

Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers

Shit club. Shit fans.

I don't think Guardiola is playing mindgames when he says the league is done, City won't be fussed at all about chasing down Arsenal now. Arsenal aren't Liverpool, they don't inspire hatred in anyone except Spurs fans.

I'm not saying Arsenal will win the title, but mentally City won't have the same hunger they do against us.
Yes, we bring the best out of City and deep down I bet they wish it was 'business as usual' at the top, i.e them and us slugging it out hammer and tongs week in week out. They'll probably go all out for the CL this season, spend big in the Summer and go full throttle for the Title next season.

I don't think Arsenal will run away with it, but deffo theirs to lose in my opinion.
If City win, it’ll almost be by accident. It’s hardly like they’re laser focused on this campaign. You can see how much it means to Arsenal however. Reminds me of us in 13/14.

My worry is United at this point. They really aren’t far off and I can see Arsenal losing tomorrow.
Still think Rashford's offside against us was worse.
They've had horrendous, massive match changing decisions for them at home to us, City and Arsenal. Must be nice.
Real Talk Manchester City
@RealTalkMCFC
·
22h
OFFSIDE ON TRENT THERE BUT IT WASN’T OFFSIDE ON RASHFORD 1 HOUR AGO HAHAHAAHAHHAH THIS SPORT IS BEYOND BROKEN

---
As ridiculous as United's goal was and the unreal lack of consistency in refereeing, the reaction of City fans afterwards is hilarious. Complaining the sport is broken after the club they support have genuinely spent 15 years ruining football in this country
They have literally won 2 of their recent titles due to ridiculous refereeing decisions and they’re moaning about an offside!
You didn't really expect to see any self awareness from that lot, did you?
the only thing real about city is what their fans never talk about
Just popping in to say I'm glad to see City get fecked over.

Absolutely astonishing lack of self awareness
Imagine it. Your entire 'club' is built on and propped up by bloodstained corruption ... and you have the sheer gall and the lack self awareness to post that.
Blood on their hands, bloodsoaked money bought everything for them
Ha ha ha €731. Who are they trying to kid. More than Madrid, us and the other mancs. When are they going to be called out for this blatant cooking of the books.
The Premier League are investigating them. But it's all a big secret and has been going on for 5 years for some reason.
It just takes a while for the legally binding assurances email to come through.
plus, it does take time to count all that plain-brown-envelope cash.

Over 1k tickets available for this evening. Making the most revenue in the entire world though. Yessiree.
Really is a farce. Can't see the sport continuing in its current form unless the cheats are taken to task - which they won't be.

It's criminal what the authorities have allowed to happen.
What gets me is why big clubs like ourselves, Utd, R Madrid, Bayern aren't calling these cheats out?
https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pag.../articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

City top the Deloitte football money league once again.

Such an inspirational powerhouse, we can only hope that one day we can grow the club to the level they have.

A truly Roy of the Rovers story.

In other news there are still a few thousand tickets available for tonights game
Their commercial revenue for last season is $55m more than current and 14 times Champions League winners Real Madrid. And they did this with several of their sponsorships found to be fake companies with no email addresses with the CEO being stock photo images. It really is Schoolboy's Own stuff, to quote Barry Davies.
Cheats do prosper
Everyone not linked to that club has scoffed the last 12 hours at them being #1 in the money list.

9 companies sponsoring them to the tune of £250 million a year, all 9 companies part of the state owned investment vehicle Mubadala that Mansoor and Khaldoon are on the board of.

Check how many of those 9 companies that Khaldoon actually has a seat on the board of as well.

#NotOwnerLinkedThough
It's absolutely bizarre, isn't it?

An average English yo-yo club that is the 'other' club in its own city. A fanbase that's a minority in its own city. A club with a miniscule fanbase outside of its own city and zero fanbase abroad other than some ex pats from Stockport. A club that still cannot fill its ground and a club that can't make a trophy parade stretch further than two bus stops.

This club, we are led to believe, brings in the highest revenue on earth, and it's all legit.

It's an absolute farce, and an insult to the game and the intelligence of everyone in it.

They are a false front propped up by a nation state that's not even cooking the books. It's nuking them.
Just wait until Saudi FC declare £1 billion

What ther feck
Christ, it’s the missing Hansen brother - Mmbop indeed
This shit for real?
Looks like He-Man
Let face it

You would wouldn’t you
can RAWK please add a button so I can unsee things?
That pic of the freak definitely requires a warning.
As I was scrolling, I thought it was going to be Scarlett Johansson or someone like her (that's just ruined a load of wanks for some on here)
or the opposite. you never know.

Aren't they talking about increasing the capacity of the stadium to launder more false revenue through the books sell more tickets?
Can't lie it's a bit fecking galling watching this City side like this, gift-wrapping the title for Arsenal, after the last few years of us striving for perfection just to beat them.
or past five years have caught up with us both.
Have we both punched it out of each other over these last five years?
I think its the signing of Haaland that's done it. Last season they spread the goals around, KDB got into double figures, he's got 3 this, Sterling, Jesus, Gundogan, Mahrez all chipped in, now its all on one player and if he isn't scoring, they aren't.
They're imploding
The only silver lining is the inevitable meltdown from Guardiola. The weirdo is clinging on by his fingernails as it is.
Their vile fans booing them off at half time was really enjoyable. They're just everton with oil money.
Of course, it's just half time with another 45 to go so there's that calm inner voice of reason saying "lads, it's Spurs".
Not starting Cancelo, Walker, silva, de bruyne or Foden when you’re chasing down top spot is some proper special behaviour even for city.
First Pep would never bench KDB, Silva, Cancelo if we were first. Secondly, these lots are going to spend crap ton of money and get involved in every player we are linked with because of how shite they've been this season. I pray to God the ownership is sorted by then because I can't stand City sticking their nose into every player we are linked with.
That win's for the crowd, the way they got behind the boys with those boos was something special. Nothing less than they deserved. Off to the pub fellas, the waters are on me!
Booing them at ht

Sat there in silence, phones out ready to get their pictures of the day. Demanding the usual

Like they’d gone to a musical and it wasn’t to their liking. How entitled can you get

I can’t wait for the day they finally return to shit. The blood letting will be glorious
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola criticises the club's fans after the team beat Tottenham

"I want my fans that are here - not my away fans, they are the best - but my fans here to support every corner and every action, because Tottenham are one of the toughest opponents I've ever faced.

"They booed because we were losing but in the second half we played good, we had more chances.

"Maybe it's the same with our team, maybe we are so comfortable with winning four Premier Leagues in five years."

-------

How does he still not get it? With the money they've spent they are expected to win the league every season at a stroll - the only 'achievement' is winning the CL, and that's only because it's more difficult to win by brute spending power.
The money and his Middle Eastern influences keeping pep at city. He absolutely hates the club and the fans I swear
Don't think he said anything wrong to be fair. Players probably are more "relaxed" about chasing Arsenal than us. Not a slight on Arsenal.
Not disagreeing about the players, more his comments about their fans. He doesn't realise how much they are expected to win the league and what he was on about in that article will 100% fall on deaf ears.
Yes, seeing as they have spent over a £billion on players and bought Haaland, they have the mindset that they will win the league every season, bit like us in the 70's/80's.

Difference was, we didn't act like spoilt brats and boo if we didn't
My issue with what he says is "we won the league 4 times out of the last 5 years", surely its bought not won. Why would the fans celebrate something they bought, when I go get a coffee in a minute, and pay for it, I dont have a celebration when I get it, and do laps of honour that Ive bought 4 cups of coffee in the last 5 days. If Pep wants to "win" things, then go manage a non oil country backed club. Then he might experience passionate fans celebrating his success.
He wants to be loved but he doesn't want to earn it, he's a fecking gobshite. I'd rather have 1 title under Klopp than 4 under this bellend.

They've been a non entity during their entire existence and they are quite happy to turn a blind eye. They know its corrupt, so they perform mental gymnastics to justify it.

At the end of the day, the history books just show them as winners, there is no * against the titles they have, there is nothing in their small museum to say won by corruption. It'll take the shithouses at the PL to strip the titles for anything to be noted.
when I go get a coffee in a minute, and pay for it, I dont have a celebration when I get it, and do laps of honour that Ive bought 4 cups of coffee in the last 5 days.
you would if every 5th cup was free
At the end of the day, the history books just show them as winners, there is no * against the titles they have, there is nothing in their small museum to say won by corruption. It'll take the shithouses at the PL to strip the titles for anything to be noted.
Still hold out a faint hope that there'll be a follow-up FootballLeaks/Der Spiegel investigation that aside from the illegal underage payments, inflated in-house sponsorship deals and fictitious contracts, will reveal bribery to match officials. No CAS stooge will save them then on a time-barred technicality, and like Juventus/calciopoli, hopefully they'll be stripped of their league titles and demoted.
With the Tories welcoming the Saudis, I don't hold out any hope for anything happening now. The Saudis now know the blueprint for how to cheat your way to the league, basically funnel money through Saudi companies into the club. The PL will do feck all about it.
I'm talking about a retrospective look at the conduct of Abu Dhabi FC. If they're found to have engaged with corruption in bribing referees and other officials, then the PL will have no choice, assuming of course they're not themselves implicated in a clear conflict of interests. If that can of worms gets opened, then it will be reported by media outlets (like Der Spiegel, Guardian etc.) and end up in the courts.

Nothing to do with Saudicastle United.
Juventus docked 15 points following an investigation into the club's past transfer dealings by Italy's football federation (FIGC). Found guilty of fixing their balance sheets by artificial gains from club transfers.

Can you imagine the cowardly PL doing this to City, who let’s be honest have done much much worse.
Just read about that. Wouldn’t it be great if the Prem grew a set and finally flushed this turd down the toilet. Not holding my breath like. How long as the investigation being going on for, 5 years now isn’t it?
If City end up with just a fifteen point deduction that would be a joke. Titles and cups taken away and relegation would be just desserts for fifteen years of cheating
City's cheating far, far outweighs what Juventus have been caught doing.
feck those c*nts & feck posting anything the c*nts have said on Blueloon on here.
I have to agree. The deranged rantings of those brainwashed clowns has no place here.
Why would any of us give a feck about what's posted on Blueloon? Might as well go to a mental asylum to ask for their opinion on us,
It amazes me tbat anyone wastes their time on other fans forums, then get all pissed off with the utter shite they come across. Seriously, what do they expect?

Same goes for Twitter or any other social media bollocks. Just avoid it all, quite simple really.

McTerminator

I think I finally get it.

If Chelsea sign all of the players now before the oil state renaissance at Liverpool and United then Chelsea can flip them all for huge profit!

There are no other suppliers afterall.

Sancho99

Member 125288

No idea why we aren't all over Sabitzer. He's quality and it's ridiculous that we are letting utd take him.
Gotta love the idea that Liverpool fans are deluded enough to think their club has any say whatsoever in our transfer business :lol:

The Purley King

Can understand their frustration they are crying out for a midfielder who can come in and hit the ground running.
Hopefully Sabitzer can do that for us!

Fridge chutney

To be fair, i could see why it would be appealing for someone from the Bundesliga to play under Klopp

No Idea For Nickname

What they saying about deadline day?

They must be frustrated

Gordon 45m ? Gallagher 40m ?
Wtf is happening
They're not even anywhere near the craziest. I still can't get my head around Enzo Fernández. 17 appearances in European football. 99% of people had never heard of him or seen him play two months ago. Now £108m.

Antony was £90m. fecking ridiculous.
I'm genuinely confused with Chelsea's business this season.
We all seem to be just laughing it off, or suggesting that they will pay for it soon financially, but this is a club that 8 months ago weren't sure if they could fly to matches, and looked for all intents that they could go bust.
How on earth can you spend so much money, and bring in 17 players? If City did this we would be absolutely furious, and rightly so. If Utd did this we'd also be furious.
Why is there so much indifference with the rest of the clubs in the PL, or La Liga?
This is downright blatant cheating surely?
What about their squad size, as well? Wage bill? Etc.
What on earth is going on? It can't be allowed surely?
You are allowed to cheat in football, boh on and off the pitch. I'd like to see the sport collapse.
Someone will be along to say something about contract lengths and amortization
Enzo looks like a player though. You can just tell he will rip the league apart. Even if he doesn’t straight away he’s young enough to adapt. Anthony is just shit though. Gordon and Gallagher are really average players.
£108m though. Based on what? 17 games for Benfica and a good World Cup, where he wasn't even in the team at the start. He might well "look a player" end up doing really well for them, but I still think it's insane money for someone so unproven. Even if he's absolutely amazing, it's an enormous fee. Boehly has completely shattered valuations.
They are doing a 3 year rebuild in 1 year.

Whilst we're doing a 3 year rebuild in 5 years....
Strange watching Arsenal's activity this window. They have the money and lots of it, but seem pretty useless at doing transfers.
This has been said many times over the last 3 years. With Zinchenko, Ramsdale, White, Gabriel, Partey etc. if Arteta wants jorginho then I’m sure there’s a plan.
I don’t think Jorginho would be a Caciedo alternative. Just a short term stop gap to beef up the midfield. At 31 he’d be our oldest player. He’s probably a slight upgrade on el neny , and will be used in the Europa league. It’s probably better than not signing anyone.
We haven’t spent like Chelsea, our highest transfer under Arteta is 50m for Jesus. We still do things to a plan and a budget. And Chelsea are winning the transfer window, but eventually we need to get back to the football.
Saliba - €30 million
Partey - €50 million
Gabriel - €26 million
Mari - €14 million
White - €58 million
Odegaard - €37 million
Ramsdale - €28 million
Tomiyasy - €19 million
Lokonga - €18 million
Tavares - €8 million
Jesus - €53 million
Zinchenko - €35 million
Vieira - €35 million
Trossard - €27 million
Kiwior - €25 million
Turner - €7 million

Poor Arteta, being forced to compete with limited funds ...
To potentially build a title winning team with the above. All you’re doing is enhancing Arteta’s reputation with this list. Chelsea spend all that on 4 players in one window. The way you break it down is a great reminder of the fantastic business Arsenal have done, and Artetas incredible hit ratio, hardly any of these were much sought after players or ones that came on big wages. In today’s market some of these transfer fees are bargains of the decade , and those figures aren’t even in pounds. Odegaard 37m euros, Saliba 30m euros, Partey 50m euros....... Enzo Fernandez 120m euros , Caciedo 100m euros, Mudryk 100m euros.... you get my drift.
You were probably trying to make a different point but that list shows that any premier league team could do what we did, just needs good management and patience. Especially when you consider that these transfers were done over 4 years. Outstanding rebuilding job, literally no downside to it.
Actually, the signings were done over 3 years, and you still don't have a title winning team. Why else would you bid £70 million for Caicedo? Because of cocky fans like you, I will enjoy when Man City beat you to the title, even though usually I hate the feckers with a passion ...
That list of players that Chelsea have signed is mad. Shocking prices in there. The Marc Cucarella one is bonkers though. They must have big windows at Brighton because they seen Chelsea coming a mile off
£12m for a 31 year old out of contract in 6 months. Arsenal seem a bit desperate.
Jorginho looks like it’s going to happen. Better than nothing, one for the Europa league. We have to hope we don’t get an injury crisis in midfield, and go for Rice in the summer.
Jorginho joining Arsenal after they failed to bring in Caicedo. Funny how some recruitment teams have alternatives to their main targets instead of binning a whole season waiting for them to become available.
They wanted a young, dynamic, energetic CM and when he's not available they sign....Jorginho. And thats evidence of good recruitment?
It's better than no recruitment I'm afraid. Jorginho will hold the ball for them and calm things down, even if sometimes that might be for 30 mins. He is a good footballer, they have plenty of energy and movement elsewhere I'm afraid. 18 month deal so no real drain on their resources either.
Plus they love a dive so good to have another regular penalty taker on board.
Fernandez to Chelsea may be off.
Has it?

Duncan Castles seems to be saying it's almost done, although I can't remember if he is a chancer or not
Huge chancer and a c*nt to boot.
I thought he was but wasn't sure
I don't think Enzo would be any better than Jorginho was for them. Good player but Argentina winning the WC probably tripled his price in 2 months.
Dont agree. Watched him in a few games for Benfica and he looked real quality and surprised City were not in for him.
Benfica can feck off.

Enzo too. Joining that shite instead of waiting a few months for a decent club.
I'm actually a tiny bit jealous on Chelsea's hedge-fund owners. At least they're trying to do something unlike our absent hedge-fund owners.
When do they have to list their squads? Will be quite amusing to see who gets binned.
Kante to get canned from their CL squad. They'll draw Liverpool in the semis and muscle memory will return and Kante will return for that game - Chelsea get kicked out for fielding an ineligible player and we get a bye to the final.
United and Chelsea trying to get Sabitzer from Bayern.
I am not sure how he has been for Bayern, and fee is also a question, but I really feel from his time and Leipzig if he was available we should have looked in to him, really seems like a player we could really use from as far back as when we lost Gini.
Wouldn't want him permanently but would have been good for us to help for 6 months.
Help us do what exactly?
But there are no short term solutions out there! De Paul from atletico is another one. I’m sure there were reports before the World Cup that atletico would let him leave in January. Keissie from Barca would probably be another one, you’d be able to get short term

Everyone else is bringing in players to plug the gaps. Not us, we have one target and one target only.
Who we probably won't sign cause we won't have enough money for it.
That skint that we can’t afford a loan fee?
No I mean the one and only target. We probably aren't even getting them anyway because we won't be able to afford them outside the CL
Yep missed out on Tchouaméni, not a single player good enough to improve the squad. Just wait till Bellingham goes to Madrid or City and we go into next season renewing the contracts of Milner and keita.
I think Sabitzer is an under the radar good signing unfortunately. He has been good each time I've seen him play.
Our loan signings are terrible but this one would have actually made sense for us. Good Eriksen replacement for them anyway for the rest of the season.
Unfortunately seems like they're starting to get the hang of this transfer lark.
Apart from the £85m wasted on a useless show pony of course.
Casemiro might be a good buy in the short term (a bit like when they got Van Persie) but huge fee and long contract for a 30 year old on megabucks wages, which was the only reason he went there, isn't the masterstroke the Manc loving media make it out to be either.
I was talking about Antony.
I know but they spent another fortune in the summer. Eventually you're going to improve if you throw enough money at it but I wouldn't say they had a particularly good window last summer.
If we'd spent what they had last summer (in terms of figures) and they spent what we did then you could flip the 2 teams around in terms of league position.
who else did they get this winter, Weghorst, anyone else?
Not that I'm aware of but they made a couple of good additions in the summer and it seems to be paying off.
Well Sabitzer is a temporary replacement for one of those additions, Eriksen.
I think Sabitzer is a much better player than current Eriksen
Don't disagree but he's a loan signing that's only been sought due to Eriksen's long-term injury.
It really is depressing seeing other teams act.
Eriksen injured and replacement in.
Yep, Sabitzer on loan with no option to buy. There’s no way people can say that there weren’t decent loan options out there for the remainder of the season. Don’t know what the f*** is going on behind the scenes at Liverpool. The sooner FSG are gone the better.
To be fair you really have to go for it if you are united and Arsenal. Us and Chelsea out of the top four and they can get themselves in there. Also you think by getting us out of it and with us not really into spending big, you can put us out of the conversation for the forseeable.
But we keep being told there’s no one out there?
No one that will "improve" us. we like to wait for those players nowadays - and its just not worth signing good players.
We really are being left behind here, incredible how quickly things change if you're complacent.
Arsenal, United and potentially Chelsea signing a midfielder each today is a bit depressing. Although in Arsenal's case they've signed maybe the only midfielder in the league who could actually make our midfield worse.
Chelsea are showing ambition.
United will spend big on the Summer.
Arsenal have the intention of spending too….I can see them spending 150m

We really need to spend 200/250 to have a chance of competing with these teams.
The Tottenham board supposedly forgot they were at their ‘loan limit’ and have had to panic terminate Matt Doherty’s contract allowing him to go to Atletico Madrid.

If true,:lol:
Yep, that's true - they have even tweeted about that they had to terminate the contract mutually to allow him to join another club.

I would take Mount off them if possible. The ideal signings for us would be Mount, Rice and Bellingham. We should be able to get all three within 250 million. With Ox and Milner leaving, we are really short on homegrown players. Only Hendo would be association trained plus the 4 local trained lads in Gomez, Trent, Caoimh, and Curtis.
Mount is both slightly overrated, and would be over priced - Chelsea seem to be one of those clubs who sell very high (and to a direct rival, would be even higher). Rice is worse - the most over rated midfielder on the planet (and would be ridiculously over priced). Always the problem with getting in English players.

But I agree, we are ridiculously short on English players.

Haven’t Chelsea’s signed 16 players since the summer , how can they register all these players with the squad sizes limited to ? 25 ?
They can't.

Certainly not for Champions League.
When do they have to list their squads? Will be quite amusing to see who gets binned.
Kante to get canned from their CL squad. They'll draw Liverpool in the semis and muscle memory will return and Kante will return for that game - Chelsea get kicked out for fielding an ineligible player and we get a bye to the final.
contract until 2031 :lol: feck modern football
These 8 year contracts are informally known as 'The Alan Pardew Project"
At least we can sleep soundly in our beds tonight knowing that Henderson got that bumper contract renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.