Rio Olympics 2016

Red Diva

They've hyped this Super Saturday/Sunday for golds in the athletics so much I have a terrible feeling it's all going to go pear-shaped.

Love the way Team GB do cock all in the years between Olympics like they are sandbagging and then smash it

Phenomenal team. Phenomenal coaching. And the work done in terms of marginal gains is incredible

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Love the way Team GB do cock all in the years between Olympics like they are sandbagging and then smash it

Phenomenal team. Phenomenal coaching. And the work done in terms of marginal gains is incredible
It's great! Loved it it when Hoy said the men'cyclists had won jack shit since London, but when they nailed a WR in qualifying, all the other teams' coaches heads dropped.
It's like Christine Ohorugou (sp?). She's injured for four years then smashes it.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

This is what it's all about, they've become really clinical in that respect. Even seeing the boat for the mens 8's rowing Pinsent was able to point out a marginal gain modification, albeit him being somewhat underwhelmed by the feature / concept.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
They've hyped this Super Saturday/Sunday for golds in the athletics so much I have a terrible feeling it's all going to go pear-shaped.
I think Mo Farah is a dead-on favourite. Rutherford is an outside shot to be honest in the long jump if recent form is anything to go by and the belgian lass could cause Jess Ennis Hill some problems.

I think Mo Farah is a dead-on favourite. Rutherford is an outside shot to be honest in the long jump if recent form is anything to go by and the belgian lass could cause Jess Ennis Hill some problems.
The hepathlon should be class

Apparently the 1st place lass is 4m better at Javelin, but 10s slower at 800m - which makes Ennis the favourite still

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The hepathlon should be class

Apparently the 1st place lass is 4m better at Javelin, but 10s slower at 800m - which makes Ennis the favourite still
I think Ennis should be favourite but largely because she has the experience and know how. The PB for her kind of goes out the window as I'm not sure how much of an impact pregnancy has had on her performances. I did hear she likes references to her PB's to be the ones that are post-pregnancy.

And that's a first ever gold for Puerto Rico.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Puig wins gold in the women's tennis.
Puerto Rico . . .
You ugly island . . .
Island of tropic diseases.
Always the hurricanes blowing,
Always the population growing . . .
And the money owing,
And the babies crying,
And the bullets flying.
I like the island Manhattan.
Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Puerto Rico . . .
You ugly island . . .
Island of tropic diseases.
Always the hurricanes blowing,
Always the population growing . . .
And the money owing,
And the babies crying,
And the bullets flying.
I like the island Manhattan.
Smoke on your pipe and put that in!
I guess the Puerto Rican tourist board turned down your job application then.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Reckon Thiam has the heptathlon in the bag, phenomenal performance from her so far.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

A huge turning point in sport was when China deconstructed how to design a world champion athletes and created them ready for the 2008 Beijing games.

GB is already an advanced stage in terms of sports culture, infrastructure and participation. So this is where they have cracked the code, evidenced by the silver:bronze ratio from London and Rio so far.

KJT needs to be mentally tougher. Her technique just doesn't look right with a javelin. She's got to go with speed and just lash it forward. Give it some momentum.

Got a haunted look in her eyes at the moment.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
KJT's heads gone. Can't throw a javelin but she's certainly throwing her medal hopes away.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
If Backley says she's thrown in the region she's been throwing all year then I don't think her head's gone, she's clearly worried and not prepared very well however and it's something she's going have to work on going forward.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That was KTJ throwing her medal way with last Javelin throw. Sad for her.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
KJT has to improve her Javelin if she is to ever win a medal
it was the long jump in London.

I think she good at all of them, just under extreme competitive situations, she mentally breaks down in one or another event.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Long Jump being in five, then Mo in three-quarters of an hour.

it was the long jump in London.

I think she good at all of them, just under extreme competitive situations, she mentally breaks down in one or another event.
Backley was just commenting that her javelin has been at that distance all season.