Rio Olympics 2016

Sylar

Imagine if Bolt was better at starting.

But a hattrick of Gold in 100m. Champion!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Shame he got a poor start. That WR will last a long time.
20 Years maximum with Nanotechnology and gene-therapy on the horizon which will probably be legitimate in the Olympics as it's not cheating, it'll be a standard thing like Electricity or the Internet in the 2030s.

Bolt will always be the GOAT sprinter though in my eyes.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It just feels like Bolt knew he can win and decided to take the start safely.

Skills

Snitch
Hes nowhere near as fast as he once was. Still far too good for everyone else

binary bot
If there's ever a whistleblower in running then I'm putting my money on Andre de Grasse

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Gah, was worried for 90 metres of that.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It was great but I've always felt a bit cheated that he didn't run flat-out all the way. I know it's a bit weird to say this, but my memories of that race are kind of bitter-sweet.

Van Niekirk is right up there. Maybe even a little ahead, for me. I've always had a personal preference for the 400m.
I know what you mean. Easy to think he could've shaved a couple of tenths off both records.

Rightnr

The only race Bolt's ever lost is the one against his receding hair line.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bolt or Phelps?

Difficult to compare but I'm jut glad to witness them both at their peak. Two of the greatest to ever do it.

paulscholes18

20 Years maximum with Nanotechnology and gene-therapy on the horizon which will probably be legitimate in the Olympics as it's not cheating, it'll be a standard thing like Electricity or the Internet in the 2030s.

Bolt will always be the GOAT sprinter though in my eyes.
Maybe but Marita Koch still holds the woman 400m Record 31 years on, Flo Jo 100 & 200m record still stands 28 years later, Johnson 400 just been taken after 17 years

Skills

Snitch
The race at London 2012 has to be the best ever. The times were unbelievable

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It was great but I've always felt a bit cheated that he didn't run flat-out all the way. I know it's a bit weird to say this, but my memories of that race are kind of bitter-sweet.

Van Niekirk is right up there. Maybe even a little ahead, for me. I've always had a personal preference for the 400m.
Thinking about it it, he's a troll. The looking across the line, the chest beating. He values beating the oppos over times.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Maybe but Marita Koch still holds the woman 400m Record 31 years on, Flo Jo 100 & 200m record still stands 28 years later, Johnson 400 just been taken after 17 years
Yes but that's human genetics currently.

Nanotechnology and Genetherapy might see the whole face of athletics change healthcare certainly, I really see Bolts record being broken in the 2030s at the latest, feel free to quote me in 15-20 years if I'm wrong.

the athletes you mentioned are always going to be complete legends, Bolt for me is one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, plus he's a United fan! win win!

Rightnr

Thinking about it it, he's a troll. The looking across the line, the chest beating. He values beating the oppos over times.
It's one of those things where his legend is going to become even more hyped because people think he never went all out, so speculation will always be rife about his 'real' ceiling.

spwd

I wish he'd just power through to get the best ever time, it's great to see him chilling before he wins but be nice to see what could be achieved.

Skills

Snitch
Everybody (bar Powell who got hurt) was sub-10 right? That was a mad race.
Yes. I think Blake, Gatlin and Gay also all ran sub 9.80 along with Bolts 9.64.

It was fastest race ever, yet still he was a 10th of a second faster than the second best :lol:

Sylar

Bolt so fast he even managed to tweet without us seeing him do it... :wenger:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reminded me of the 84 final in LA - Sam Graddy playing the role Gatlin did today - fast start only to be overtaken by Lewis in the final 3rd.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It felt way closer than 0.08s, no one has won three Olympic sprint titles in a row and it's not even his favoured distance.

Skills

Snitch
I wish he'd just power through to get the best ever time, it's great to see him chilling before he wins but be nice to see what could be achieved.
He already has the best time ever. 9.58 he got in 2009 in his prime. We're not seeing that beaten for a very, very long time.