Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He is a better player than some give him credit for, he is actually very clever but lacks a bit of technique and an own action/brilliance at times.
Couldn't agree more. He has high football IQ, but it doesn't always come off. I think that will improve the longer he's with us though

Tarrou

Showed mental strength today I thought, kept his focus right to the end and got his reward.

With the miss he took the wrong option I reckon, the shot wasn't really on to slot around the keeper. He was too close to the keeper for that, but I'm sure he'll learn from it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Absolutely love him. Top top player.

Better than Morata :p

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His movement is second to none. Always on the move. Always looking to be in the position to score. Hell score bucket loads for us!

Mindhunter

He realised that we needed the second goal so curbed his instincts and handed it on a platter to Mhikhitaryan. I really liked that phase of play. This team is going to win titles.

MJJ

Why is everyone saying he played badly? Got about and was always a presence.

He missed a chance he should have scored but every striker is going to miss chances. Even RvN used to miss bucket loads.

Goal and assist though, awesome :cool:
Missed an open goal and could have had a Hattrick.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Seems to miss a sitter but then makes up for it. Hopefully he gets a hat trick soon.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
So satisfying hearing those Everton fans jeering him all game then Rom scored that third goal and shut them all up.

dogwithabone

That ball to lay Micky in was perfection and decision making at its very best because a shot for himself was on. Also good movement for his goal, once he'd took the free kick he was on the move into a goal scoring position rather than just standing around thinking his chance was gone.

He's a guaranteed 25 a season striker, just remains to be seen if we can get an extra 8 or 10 out of him and turn him into one of the genuinely top strikers in Europe.

ash_86

His tally should be more that what's its showing. If he works on finishing , he would be unstoppable. His composure to pass the ball to Mikhi was sublime and boosted his confidence. He's very hungry for goals, i'll give him that!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His tally should be more that what's its showing. If he works on finishing , he would be unstoppable. His composure to pass the ball to Mikhi was sublime and boosted his confidence. He's very hungry for goals, i'll give him that!
His finishing is excellent.

OneUnited24

His finishing is fine. All strikers are going to miss chances. Ibra did it, RvN did it and Lukaku does it

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Still not 100% convinced by him, but I think the best thing about him so far is his confidence, he doesn't seem to let the odd bad miss or two get to his head at all.

RedStarUnited

Showed mental strength today I thought, kept his focus right to the end and got his reward.

With the miss he took the wrong option I reckon, the shot wasn't really on to slot around the keeper. He was too close to the keeper for that, but I'm sure he'll learn from it.
He didnt go for curl though, had he done that he scores.

yfoFC

Everytime he has half a second to think he messes up. Just a terrible decision maker. He's good when he is finishing instinctively.
Think you confused rashford and lukaku there mate, if anything the chances he's missed for us have been the instinctive types

Vs Madrid (he then scored when he took a second to "think" later on in the game)
Vs stoke from martial cross

Reactions: KM

ti vu

Think you confused rashford and lukaku there mate, if anything the chances he's missed for us have been the instinctive types

Vs Madrid (he then scored when he took a second to "think" later on in the game)
Vs stoke from martial cross
I disagreed with both of you. He missed when he misskilled or it's too hard, that's all to it.

Today goal is very instinctively too. He just sensed the ball coming and ran into the box. Timed the run so perfect that the intial deflection then Lingard's little knock on, feels like it was worked regularly in training, which I doubt. Lingard is the least you expect to be able to make a knock on in central position from a cross. I doubt any coaches would extensively spend their time working on this with Lingard as focal point of the cross.

SATA

Was it at him whom Mata was shouting and pointing at in the first half when he didn't try harder to close down the goalkeeper? Looks quite a bizarre incident as Mata must have been really infuriated to react like this

AXVnee7

He needs to do better, be more clinical. I'm not complaining because at the end of the day he got a goal and an assist. It's just that he should challenge himself to do better, because really he could've and really should've had at least a brace if not a hat-trick. I suppose if he is popping up with an average of a goal/game then that in itself is fantastic. But with the attacking players at our disposal, he has the platform to really excel.

yfoFC

I disagreed with both of you. He missed when he misskilled or it's too hard, that's all to it.

Today goal is very instinctively too. He just sensed the ball coming and ran into the box. Timed the run so perfect that the intial deflection then Lingard's little knock on, feels like it was worked regularly in training, which I doubt. Lingard is the least you expect to be able to make a knock on in central position from a cross. I doubt any coaches would extensively spend their time working on this with Lingard as focal point of the cross.
Urm, I wasn't exactly saying he needs to do improve his finishing (instinctive or otherwise)

Was just pointing out that the misses he's had for us could be termed "instinctive" so as to to beat down his proposition... I'm quite happy with his finishes especially as he tries to sell the keeper to the other side

togg

Great player, great attitude and he's been banging in the goals right from the start. He'll miss a few sitters, just like absolutely every other good striker out there. Its how a striker reacts to one of those misses that proves how good a player they are. I think his price will be seen as an absolutely bargain by the end of the season.

SirAF

Ageist
Why is everyone saying he played badly? Got about and was always a presence.

He missed a chance he should have scored but every striker is going to miss chances. Even RvN used to miss bucket loads.

Goal and assist though, awesome :cool:
This. He actually had a pretty decent match.

el3mel

I don't understand what's the problem of him missing chances tbh. Missing chances is a part of football game I don't think it's something people are just discovering ! Lukaku will never, ever score every chance or setter he gets and he'll always miss some chances here and there. Even CR7 has missed strange setters through his career it's very normal. As long as he gets a goal every game it's normal.

People have been overrating missing chances ever since last season as if the other teams score every setter they get.

Lukaku is very clinical and the best we can get at this position.

AXVnee7

What chance conversion rate would be acceptable for you?
You have only quoted a select part of my post. I did go on to say that if he scoring at a rate of 1 goal/game then that's fantastic, which means it exceeds my expectations.

If you're talking a percentage of chances per game- well then that's different because each chance is completely different. The context is different, the quality of the chance is different, the technique required is different, the space and time you've got etc. I could go on.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I'm pretty sure he's been far more clinical than Zlatan was for us. In fact I don't think he's had more than about 4 chances in a game yet

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some bile and racist abuse been spouted on Grand Old team.
Scousers :mad:

Drainy

You have only quoted a select part of my post. I did go on to say that if he scoring at a rate of 1 goal/game then that's fantastic, which means it exceeds my expectations.

If you're talking a percentage of chances per game- well then that's different because each chance is completely different. The context is different, the quality of the chance is different, the technique required is different, the space and time you've got etc. I could go on.
If he took 100 chances a game and scored 1 a game I would be saying he needed to be more clinical- even if he scored 5 in 5 games or whatever it is. It's an inappropriate way of measuring finishing ability. He scores between 1/4-1/5 shots which by top flight standards is clinical.

Every striker misses big chances.

ti vu

Some bile and racist abuse been spouted on Grand Old team.
Scousers :mad:
Record and report. :mad:

I'm pretty sure he's been far more clinical than Zlatan was for us. In fact I don't think he's had more than about 4 chances in a game yet
Not just for us. Lukaku is instinctively better goal scorer than Zlatan. Zlatan is always wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.