Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You're dreaming. Football has gone mad, Van Dijk will go for £50 million this summer. Sterling cost that the year before last. A player scoring the goals he has in the PL is a £75 million player every day of the week these days.
Exactly.

Also people complaining about the price, what were alternatives? Morata and Belotti would've both costed give or take 5-10 less etc but they'd have been more riskier than Lukaku.

I'm pretty happy at this.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Both clubs will never say if Rooney was part of the deal or not whether he's or not. It's left to everyone assumptions.
So Rooney is just going to magically transfer to Everton without either club confirming the deal? We're just left to 'assume' he was part of the Lukaku transfer?

Or, when Rooney leaves, he will be announced in a separate deal like all normal transfers.

Which of those scenarios seems more likely.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's confusing seeing people talking to themselves, until I realise they're actually replying to that WUM GlastonSpur. The ignore feature is wonderful, I highly recommend it.
It's great indeed. Glaston does have a weird obsession with United's finances and likes to make things up.

Ainu

Nearly every Belgium player looks awful at major finals-the only time I really watch the Belgium national team.
That's true but keep in mind that we watch the full 90 minutes of every qualifier and friendly game as well. While it's true club football and internation football are very different animals, watching a player that much, for so many full games (not just highlights, an important distinction) does teach you a lot about him. Anyway, I don't want to sound negative because I do think Lukaku has the ability to score loads of goals and I truly hope he becomes a more rounded player here. As a Belgian and Man United supporter it's obvious I have every reason to hope he becomes a massive success.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you saw the colour then you're racist, not me. Utd desperately searching for lost glories in instant lesser club players. Under an overly defensive manager. Going for a big bully up front. I think the parallels don't need spelling out.

As for goalscoring, it's always harder in a team where the weight of expectation can break you. I await his goal scoring prowess when he is being booed like the other Everton striker you just had - and actually was world class once unlike Hes...Lukaku.
Except Lukaku isn't really that much of a bully up front. In fact there are times when you wonder why he doesn't use his physicality more. In reality he relies on pace, movement and finishing more than strength, so quite different to Heskey.

el3mel

So Rooney is just going to magically transfer to Everton without either club confirming the deal? We're just left to 'assume' he was part of the Lukaku transfer?

Or, when Rooney leaves, he will be announced in a separate deal like all normal transfers.

Which of those scenarios seems more likely.
If you believe United will say they swept their top goal scoring player for Lukaku in a deal then fine for you.

Don't get me wrong I didn't say it's sure a swap deal, it may or may be not, but what I'm sure about that both clubs will never mention it whatever it's.

Again you believe the official quotes too seriously.

Skills

Snitch
He'll score plenty, and if his all-round game is lacking I think we'll be able to flog him off in a few years. PL clubs are loaded, one of them will give us back most of our money. Don't see too much of a loss here.

Won't take us over the hump in the big games though (which people conveniently decide to ignore our shocking performances in). But that's a style and general (cowardly) approach problem, more so than personnel.

SammyUnited_83

If you saw the colour then you're racist, not me. Utd desperately searching for lost glories in instant lesser club players. Under an overly defensive manager. Going for a big bully up front. I think the parallels don't need spelling out.

As for goalscoring, it's always harder in a team where the weight of expectation can break you. I await his goal scoring prowess when he is being booed like the other Everton striker you just had - and actually was world class once unlike Hes...Lukaku.
He is nothing like Heskey ffs.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

You literally only compared him with Heskey because he's black, and KM calling you out for it isn't racist at all - he's absolutely correct.

KM

The fact that you immediately thought of Heskey as an example to compare to him despite there being the likes of Kevin Davies, Shane Long etc who are similarly battering rams strikers speaks volumes about you.

As for Heskey and Lukaku comparison, one look at their Ipswich and Everton records would tell you there's a world of difference between them.

Shark

@NotShark

Mourinho winning the league in his 2nd season as usual? are they the parallels you're speaking of?

Meanwhile you have a manager that smiles a lot, has won feck all so far at Liverpool and has absolutely no plan B on the pitch.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If you believe United will say they swept their top goal scoring player for Lukaku in a deal then fine for you.

Don't get me wrong I didn't say it's sure a swap deal, it may or may be not, but what I'm sure about that both clubs will never mention it whatever it's.

Again you believe the official quotes too seriously.
Yeah I like to believe facts, not sensationalised media articles & rumours.

Skills

Snitch
Nearly every Belgium player looks awful at major finals-the only time I really watch the Belgium national team.
Yeah Hazard has been (up until fairly recently) been a complete waste of space for Belgium too. KDB is the only one who has consistently turned up for the national team.

TheReligion

Abusive
Prepare yourselves to be very frustrated from time to time. Happy you got him instead of Morata.
Odd thing to say really considering Lukaku has been taking the PL by storm since he arrived here. People should be very scared now he's moved to a club that creates even more chances and dominates games..

He'll excel.

Yes I'm sure Liverpool fans are extremely happy United bought a proven PL goal scorer. You keep banging that drum and Lukaku will keep banging goals.
Quite.

Add-ons are additional monies that usually end up being paid.

I'm not sure why there is so much push-back on the £90m figure, unless it's embarrassment.
It says it includes £15m in addons so the fee is currently £60m
Yes, and it's quite clear that the deal is £75m initially, plus £15m in potential add-ons.
Exactly. So the transfer fee is £75M until them add-ons are paid.
Yes, and the total deal is potentially £90m ... and most add-ons end up being paid.
I'm not sure which mod Glaston is shagging but I'm amazed he gets away with such blantant wind ups. I've been banned before for calling someone an idiot!

Glaston, the fee is 75m. You have even contradicted yourself here.

The media would be making alot more of it if it was going to eclipse the 89m paid for Pogba as it would be a new world record fee.

75m is actually a fair price IMO.

Maybe so. What makes Lukaku better than Lacazette though in your opinion? I rate the latter higher and he actually suits the style of play from the team he went to.
Can't believe you've asked this..

1) Lukaku is homegrown
2) Lukaku is younger
3) Lukaku is a proven PL goalscorer
4) Lukaku is a proven international goalscorer

52m for Lacazette
75m for Lukaku

Seems fair to me.

prateik

Confirmed

Really worried Mbappe will cost us 150me at this rate....
Oh yeah. I totally believe this guy. The one who kept saying there was no deal after everyone else confirmed it.

It might be 75m+15 add ons.. but I'm not believing it till I see BBC report it.

The (closest to official) word so far is, 75m.

KM

Heskey record for Ipswich- 197 matches 46 goals.
Lukaku record for Everton- 133 matches 71 goals.

Yet his comparison with Heskey hasn't got anything to do with his colour. No sir. Not at all.

Skills

Snitch
Probably be when we fly out tomorrow. I can't see him flying back just to fly out again. I suppose that Woody could fly out early to sign the contract.
We probably already have someone out there. A few of the reps would've been there before the start of the tour anyway.

Sigma

Oh yeah. I totally believe this guy. The one who kept saying there was no deal after everyone else confirmed it.

Romelu Lukaku is set to have a medical with Manchester United after they agreed to pay Everton an initial £75m for the Belgium striker.

The deal for the 24-year-old, initially reported by BBC Sport on Thursday, is believed to include £15m in add-ons.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40541648

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Yet his comparison with Heskey hasn't got anything to do with his colour. No sir. Not at all.
Think it's more to do with his physique, playing style and limited technical ability. Lukaku knows where the goal is though, that's for sure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@TheReligion is the Gattuso of football forums, great when he is playing for you and a pain when he is not.:lol:

SammyUnited_83

Don't rise to it buddy.

It's a load of shite.

Skills

Snitch

Yeah no way it's a world record. If it was, both Everton & United would want everyone to know.

cyberman

Lukaku has gone from someone who struggles to hold the ball up to now being a bully?
He hasn't even signed for us yet and Jose has improved him..
Or Dumpstar is a massive racist.
Quick..get the slideshow out Father...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I'm trying to push the comparison with Mario Gomez, surely it will take on at some point.:D

KM

Think it's more to do with his physique, playing style and limited technical ability. Lukaku knows where the goal is though, that's for sure.
Shane Long, Kevin Davies just two examples of the strikers you described. This is not the first time Heskey comparison has been trotted out.

Classical Mechanic

Confirmed

Really worried Mbappe will cost us 150me at this rate....
Rooney ain't worth £10m. He is on £300k a week with bonuses. I am amazed that Everton have taken his wages off our hands. If he didn't leave for China I was convinced we would be paying 50% of his wages next season while he played for another side.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lukaku is actually closer to a striker like Hernandez than either Benteke or Heskey. However, being a large black man limits the players he can be compared to.

We should be greatful Andy Cole exists, else the comparisons would have nowhere to run at all.

Oscie

The £15m "add ons" equate to exactly the £7.5m they owe us each for Schneiderlin and Keane. Funny that.

Robbie Boy

You've done a stellar job at not describing Lukaku at all. Bravo, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.