Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

Defensive? You said that they look completely different... only thing they have in common is both being black? You said it was just like looking at two white people who look completely different and saying they look alike.

However you backtrack now, if those comments are not bringing race into it... what is?
No it's a simple observation. If I said 2 white people looked the same but did not (somewhat objective) the only obvious similarity is that they were white.

Bringing race into it? This was a discussion about race that I responded to. That's like talking about bread and complaining someone talking about flour.

No back tracking from me. You however...

TsuWave

can't help but wonder what's the holdup. marketing department working on their sauce or something?

we kinda started these "special reveals" with the pogba thing but a tweet of a pic of lukaku holding the shirt would suffice. i hope we don't push this to fast and furious franchise levels of ridiculous

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Just me that things its strange if Lukaku gets number 10? The obvious decision is to give Pogba number 10 and Lukaku number 9.
Too many fans bought Pogba with no. 6 on it?

It didn't stop Rooney going from 8 to 10 I suppose. And Pogba did request the number 10 when it became available at Juve.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not sure how the big chances stat was formulated but as I said when we were pursuing Morata if our new striker does better than Zlatan did we'll be in business

Big Chances Missed is the most telling statistic of all and one that sums up last season to a tee.

Needless to say a vast improved conversion rate is absolutely essential next season.

Bogga

All this wait... are they waiting for him to meet up with all the others and JM or is it more to this? :)

Robertd0803

All this wait... are they waiting for him to meet up with all the others and JM or is it more to this? :)
Should be just a case of waiting for the club officials to meet up with him and do the necessary photo shoots etc.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Training starts at 6pm so he would have to be announced in good time for him to go to that session right?

I predict he'll be announced at 3pm.

Zoo

Rooney's press conference is in an hour so hopefully shortly after it will be announced.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think he's talking about when we had injury/medical concerns with Rudd and he ended up doing his cruciate ligament while doing a training video shortly after.
Hasn't Lukaku actually confirmed himself on social media that he signed a 5 year deal though? That would mean everything is fine with the medical.

Enigma_87

You know who
Hasn't Lukaku actually confirmed himself on social media that he signed a 5 year deal though? That would mean everything is fine with the medical.
Aye in that interview that was posted around 10 times he confirmed that he has undergone a medical already on Saturday and only few details left(agent/clubs stuff like that).

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Here's my little contribution from the M.E.N. for today.#

13:49
United 'want another striker'
The Daily Star claims that United will not be offering Ibrahmovic another deal because Mourinho wants another striker before the end of the window.

That would lead to some intense competition for places.

Romelu Lukaku (Image: AP)

Quizierda

More than happy with Lukaku!

Great young striker who has already proven himself in the EPL for a few years now. Also he is the proto-type of a Jose target man and still has a lot of potential to develop. I think he will do a great job for us.

Rather see us paying that amount for him than the same (or even a bit more) on Morata. I rate Morata, however, with him there would always had been the adaption to EPL/England thing + the risk of ‘dreaming to return to Madrid one time’.

Robertd0803

More than happy with Lukaku!
I rate Morata, however, with him there would always had been the adaption to EPL/England thing + the risk of ‘dreaming to return to Madrid one time’.
I don't think Morata will want to return to that shower of cnuts any time soon if he does leave given how he is blatantly treated as a useful commodity by the club. Zidane might want him to stay but a) why would he want him to leave, Morata is quality and it would weaken the squad and b) Zidane doesn't run Real Madrid, Perez does. Rumour was he didn't want to leave Juve either to go back there but didn't have any choice.

That being said had Morata signed for us he probably would have flirted with a move back every window.

Oldyella

Here's my little contribution from the M.E.N. for today.#

13:49
United 'want another striker'
The Daily Star claims that United will not be offering Ibrahmovic another deal because Mourinho wants another striker before the end of the window.

That would lead to some intense competition for places.
Seems like overkill to me, if we are going to play with 1 up top and 2 wide. Mourinho obviously likes Rashford, and he will never get the experience he needs as CF if we bring in even more bodies. Lukaku as nailed on starter with Rashford pushing him will be fine, esp if we still want Griez when the ban ends as well.

Nogbadthebad

can't help but wonder what's the holdup. marketing department working on their sauce or something?
Its about 8 in the morning over there, and jose and the rest had a 7 hour flight yesterday. I'm guessing they want to get themselves sorted before all the press stuff begins.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Not sure if posted but...

The only thing making me think this might be true is the fact that the express normally wouldn't have the creativity or nous to make up a story that has genuine logic in its basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.