Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

unitedforeveral

getting Romelu Lukaku is one thing and paying such a high price for it is a totally different thing. I don't think Jose would want to buy a high profile striker such as he. Even if he does prepare to spend a 100 million, the sane choice would be Griezmann or Reus or even Neymar. Although i have nothing against Lukaku, he's an amazing players with huge skills. Rooney and Lukaku straight swap crossed my mind but yet, i don't see it happening.

Darkpulse

getting Romelu Lukaku is one thing and paying such a high price for it is a totally different thing. I don't think Jose would want to buy a high profile striker such as he. Even if he does prepare to spend a 100 million, the sane choice would be Griezmann or Reus or even Neymar. Although i have nothing against Lukaku, he's an amazing players with huge skills. Rooney and Lukaku straight swap crossed my mind but yet, i don't see it happening.
This is literally impossible.

AndyJ1985

£50m would be reasonable, but £100m is just silly. Not even we are daft enough to pay anywhere close to that.

Stacks

You'd think Kane would cost more besides being English though, he has a better all round game and seems pretty level headed and grounded, while Lukaku appears more selfish, the airing of his desire to leave for instance, I don't think Kane would cause that same stir.
But you're right the biggest reason he should be going for less is his contract situation in comparisson.
What aspects of the game is Kane superior, just out of interest?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What aspects of the game is Kane superior, just out of interest?
Technique, touch and finishing. Kane is more clinical than Lukaku and plays with both feet. He also seems to be more of a big game player.
Lukaku is more powerful and quicker and is better at taking players on, not as clinical.

Stacks

Technique, touch and finishing. Kane is more clinical than Lukaku and plays with both feet. He also seems to be more of a big game player.
Lukaku is more powerful and quicker and is better at taking players on, not as clinical.
Not really, unless you feel converting penalties is a sign of being a clinical finisher. Kane has 16 non penalty league goals from 72 shots (I subtracted penalties), Lukaku has 24 non penalty league goals from 94 shots. Inside the box its and 68 Lukaku and 49 Kane
Lukaku has a better conversion than Kane on everything. A higher proportion of his shots go in, whether you include long range or just inside the area. How Kane is more clinical? must be magic.
Lukaku also scores more headers and has more assists

Nori-

Could we get him? Yes. United and Everton have a good relationship and have done many deals over the years.

Do I want Lukaku at United? No. I don't know what it is about him, but I've never rated him as one of the best in his position, even with the amount of goals he has got. It could be his slightly sluggish style. He just doesn't ooze world class striker to me. I'd much rather we spent the money on someone like Greizmann or Aubameyang.

Reactions: Penna

Cassidy

Not really, unless you feel converting penalties is a sign of being a clinical finisher. Kane has 16 non penalty league goals from 72 shots (I subtracted penalties), Lukaku has 24 non penalty league goals from 94 shots. Inside the box its and 68 Lukaku and 49 Kane
Lukaku has a better conversion than Kane on everything. A higher proportion of his shots go in, whether you include long range or just inside the area. How Kane is more clinical? must be magic.
Kane makes more speculative shots, its sometimes one of his negative points. When it comes to clear cut chances Kane is more clinical.

Robertd0803

No way will Everton be getting £100 million for him he is not Brazilian Ronaldo ffs. Just them trying to bump up the fee as much as possible.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Didn't he say he will not be renewing his contract, if we leave it for another year his value will drop significantly!

We also have the option of giving them Rooney, and possibly Jones so i reckon if we give them £30m plus Rooney and Jones it should be just about enough.

Stacks

Kane makes more speculative shots, its sometimes one of his negative points. When it comes to clear cut chances Kane is more clinical.
Not to be an anorak but the official Premier league site has Kane having missed 9 "big chances" and Lukaku 8 big chances. Obviously when we have an idea in our minds, we kind of stick to it, but both Schneiderlin and Koeman have claimed Lukaku is an awesome finisher. Schneiderlin said that was the aspect of his game that surprised him the most

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Will Lukaku refuse to play in a World Cup year ?

Even with one year on his contact he would demand around 60 million. He is a rare commodity.
can you afford not playing him? Would players who see Everton as stepping stone join you if you freeze Lukaku out?

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Personally when i've sat down to watch Spurs over the last 2-3 years I'd say, Better with his feet as in... more consistent with his first touch, sharper football brain regarding his running and much better with his back to goal and bringing others into play.
Kane had a so-so first half to this season where a lot of his goals came from penaltys but he's still doing well and finishing strongly.

Lukaku obviously has advantages too, more physical and pace etc but as an all round striker I must confess I've liked Kane since the first time I saw him play.

Didn't he say he will not be renewing his contract, if we leave it for another year his value will drop significantly!

We also have the option of giving them Rooney, and possibly Jones so i reckon if we give them £30m plus Rooney and Jones it should be just about enough.
Would you accept that deal if the situations were reversed?

Cassidy

Not to be an anorak but the official Premier league site has Kane having missed 9 "big chances" and Lukaku 8 big chances. Obviously when we have an idea in our minds, we kind of stick to it, but both Schneiderlin and Koeman have claimed Lukaku is an awesome finisher. Schneiderlin said that was the aspect of his game that surprised him the most
Im not basing it on this season only. Ive watched both players and Kane is the more clinical of the two. The semi final last season is a prime example of how Lukaku can sometimes be.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with

:lol:

That's a terrible deal for Everton! Rooney with his wage demand is worth £0m and Jones with his injuries, at a stretch maybe £12m.

Stacks

Im not basing it on this season only. Ive watched both players and Kane is the more clinical of the two. The semi final last season is a prime example of how Lukaku can sometimes be.
Last season both players missed 18 big chances so there are many instances when Kane will do the same nonsense as Lukaku and miss easy chances. Also the Euros showed us how Kane can be..........Did he get on the scoresheet?

Cassidy

Last season both players missed 18 big chances so there are many instances when Kane will do the same nonsense as Lukaku and miss easy chances. Also the Euros showed us how Kane can be..........Did he get on the scoresheet?
On that note I bow out.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Personally when i've sat down to watch Spurs over the last 2-3 years I'd say, Better with his feet as in... more consistent with his first touch, sharper football brain regarding his running and much better with his back to goal and bringing others into play.
Kane had a so-so first half to this season where a lot of his goals came from penaltys but he's still doing well and finishing strongly.

Lukaku obviously has advantages too, more physical and pace etc but as an all round striker I must confess I've liked Kane since the first time I saw him play.

Would you accept that deal if the situations were reversed?
Yup

cheeky_backheel

With the bubbling issues with Costa, I expect Lukaku to be on his way to Chelsea in the summer.

Think £50m is a fair valuation for him (£70m in an inflated market) but then we all remember how Liverpool took Chelsea behind the Shed (End) over El Nino :D

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I'd give them Rooney + 40M£ for Lukaku, no more !

With 100M£ I'd go for Griezmann.

Everton are buying our players for nothing since 20 years and we should break the bank for an average player of them

Sparky10Legend

I'd give them Rooney + 40M£ for Lukaku, no more !

With 100M£ I'd go for Griezmann.

Everton are buying our players for nothing since 20 years and we should break the bank for an average player of them

Rooney is worth nothing, for all the reasons previously discussed, ref your other point we seemed to have turned the corner.

Ref 40m......come on, not happening

Fracture90

It's one of those comparisons where stats can't really paint the whole picture. You need to see them both playing all the time to be noticing how Kane is currently edging it over Lukaku.

That being said Kane plays in a better system, surrounded by better teammates and that probably also plays the vital role in comparison between them 2.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not sure he is a big game player having seen him play poorly for England, still we should have a better idea after this weekend.

Cassidy

I'm not sure he is a big game player having seen him play poorly for England, still we should have a better idea after this weekend.
Or the other times hes played vs Chelsea Arsenal etc

davidmichael

Well with Zlatan pretty much gone as I don't see the board green lighting a contract renewal on £250K a week when he'll be out til January/February we NEED a proven goal scorer in the league and whether anyone wants to admit it or not Lukaku is proven and doing so at a smaller club, I think hes scored more league goals then all of our forwards and midfielders combined if you don't include Zlatan.

Realistically Lukaku will cost £65-£75 million but at 23 years old it's a long term investment and he'd have a sell on value if we only had him for 5 years. I think now we should go all out for Lukaku and Sanchez which added to Rashford, Mkhitarayan, Mata, Martial and Lingard is a forward line that has pretty much everything but mainly pace.

Sparky10Legend

Well with Zlatan pretty much gone as I don't see the board green lighting a contract renewal on £250K a week when he'll be out til January/February we NEED a proven goal scorer in the league and whether anyone wants to admit it or not Lukaku is proven and doing so at a smaller club, I think hes scored more league goals then all of our forwards and midfielders combined if you don't include Zlatan.

Realistically Lukaku will cost £65-£75 million but at 23 years old it's a long term investment and he'd have a sell on value if we only had him for 5 years. I think now we should go all out for Lukaku and Sanchez which added to Rashford, Mkhitarayan, Mata, Martial and Lingard is a forward line that has pretty much everything but mainly pace.
The days of relying on a player to sign a new contract prior to being sold (especially a Raiola client) are long gone.

You "may" get a player you have 6 years and then sell, but those instances are rare these days. So you have to think 75m over 5 years....plus wages.

MullerUtd

Why would you pay 100 million for a player whose contract runs out in two years? Hope Lukaku runs out his contract and come to us on a free. He's only 23 jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.