Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
We are talking about the same club who paid 89 million for Paul Pogba :lol:
Pogba is a higher profile player than Lukaku

He has not had a amazing season granted but compairing the value of 2 players based on this season alone is a bit stupid. Pogba has had amazing seasons at Juve being their best player, proven in the CL, captain of the french national team and all that on top of that he is a former youth player and brining him back to United was something special for which the club wanted to go a little further financially. We were battling off Real Madrid for his signature, I doubt will doing the same for Lukaku.

Lukaku isn't proven in the CL and with all due respect Everton is not Juventus. He has amazing talent and he is worth alot of money but making him the most expensive signing in the history of football is ridiculous, nobody not even United will pay £100m for Lukaku.

He wants to go, he has 2 years left, imo Everton don't have much room to hold out for an absurd fee. You will need to accept the highest fee any top club will want to put on the table this season or risk letting him go for half that money next season (and having a frustrated unhappy player on your hands). I can tell you right now the club who will pay the most money is United and I don't think we pay anything more than £70m which is a very good deal for Everton imo.

Utd7

It's not unreasonable for Everton to WANT 100 million considering all the factors. Leading PL scorer in top form, only 23, inflated market and still time on his contract. However realistically if a club like P$G or Chelsea offer 60 million, they're better off taking it rather than see him run out his contract.

I personally would sign him to replace Zlatan, I used to be bearish on Lukaku and thought he was a bit overrated but he proved me wrong this season.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
It's not unreasonable for Everton to WANT 100 million considering all the factors. Leading PL scorer in top form, only 23, inflated market and still time on his contract. However realistically if a club like P$G or Chelsea offer 60 million, they're better off taking it rather than see him run out his contract.

I personally would sign him to replace Zlatan, I used to be bearish on Lukaku and thought he was a bit overrated but he proved me wrong this season.
They could want 200m for him, still doesn't mean they will get it. If a player wants to leave you are forced to listen to the offers you get and they will not get offers for 100m.

The situation would be different if Lukaku didn't want to leave than Everton can say they don't want to sell and can basically name their price or no deal. Now they know if they refuse reasonable offers it will upset Lukaku alot and there is no point in having a frustrated player who doesn't want to play for you anymore. Also holding him for another year will decrease his value by alot because of his contract situation. If they want to get the maximum value they simply have to sell now and that means they have to be reasonable in accepting/refusing offers.

prtk0811

There are reports chelsea will sell costa to a chinese club for 60m - 90 m , i can see Lukaku moving to chelsea if they get that kind of money from the chinese club.

prtk0811

They could want 200m for him, still doesn't mean they will get it. If a player wants to leave you are forced to listen to the offers you get and they will not get offers for 100m.

The situation would be different if Lukaku didn't want to leave than Everton can say they don't want to sell and can basically name their price or no deal. Now they know if they refuse reasonable offers it will upset Lukaku alot and there is no point in having a frustrated player who doesn't want to play for you anymore. Also holding him for another year will decrease his value by alot because of his contract situation. If they want to get the maximum value they simply have to sell now and that means they have to be reasonable in accepting/refusing offers.
But they can create a bidding war when 2-3 clubs are intrested and we could get outbid by chelsea , so everton can recive a good price for him.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I think he will move to Chelsea for around 80 million for what it's worth. This is the age of Pogbas and Higuains going for 90 million so it seems about right.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
But they can create a bidding war when 2-3 clubs are intrested and we could get outbid by chelsea , so everton can recive a good price for him.
Chelsea will not outbid us for Lukaku, they are affected by FFP regulations and they simply can not afford to splash 100m on 1 player. There might a bidding war, in which case United will win and the highest bid will not be more than 70m because no club on earth wants to spend more than that on Lukaku.

For 100m you can probably get Auba who is a million times better

Utd7

If there's a bidding war, with multiple clubs interested (and there will be considering his productivity, age and scarcity of available top strikers) Everton can definitely get north of 70 million, possibly more. I think it's safe to assume that Chelsea, PSG and us will be interested this summer. Three clubs with huge financial resources and an agent in Raiola known to extrapolate high fees, it all adds up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think he will move to Chelsea for around 80 million for what it's worth. This is the age of Pogbas and Higuains going for 90 million so it seems about right.
Agreed. Its by no means a bizzare price when we're happy to spunk £89m on Pogba's "potential".

You have a 23 year old Striker who is well proven in the Premier League and dependable to get 20 goals a season or thereabouts - he's clearly worth a similar amount to Pogba. The value he adds in his role is no less than Pogba in midfield, and he's proven in the league too, doing the business at a lesser club.

prtk0811

Chelsea will not outbid us for Lukaku, they are affected by FFP regulations and they simply can not afford to splash 100m on 1 player. There might a bidding war, in which case United will win and the highest bid will not be more than 70m because no club on earth wants to spend more than that on Lukaku.

For 100m you can probably get Auba who is a million times better
FFP regulations??:D thing of the past. City are getting back their 40 m fine paid in ffp regulations. While chelsea have already sold oscar for 60 m and will sell costa too for huge money as he wants the china transfer. they can eaisily outbid us for lukaku. because they have sold faboulously.

prtk0811

If Chelsea get Lukaku , then Alvaro morata may be looking for clubs or possibly even a loan deal.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Mad how unrealistic the current fees are. Even 5 years ago or so 30mill usually guaranteed you a top first xi player, now its double/triple at what point does it end?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He wants to join Chelsea. He supports them and Drogba is his hero.
He has been already at Chelsea so if playing for them one day was his dream he already had that dream come true. I don't think he would nesc want to join them again.

Also he is best palls with Pogba, so he has that when coming to United. Also his agent is Mino Raiola and we have been doing alot of business with Mino since last year (Mkhitaryan , Zlatan, Pogba). I think he would not say no to United if he had the option of joing them.

In the end it might boil down to who offers most money and I think United will offer more than Chelsea. I would not have been too sure with Zlatan still at the club, especially if he had signed on for another year but with his injurry I think Lukaku is top off the list for Mourinho.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Mad how unrealistic the current fees are. Even 5 years ago or so 30mill usually guaranteed you a top first xi player, now its double/triple at what point does it end?
Will go up and down together with how much money clubs make. Our sponsorship deals have also doubled in value over the years so no surprise transfer fees have aswell.

prtk0811

He has been already at Chelsea so if playing for them one day was his dream he already had that dream come true. I don't think he would nesc want to join them again.

Also he is best palls with Pogba, so he has that when coming to United. Also his agent is Mino Raiola and we have been doing alot of business with Mino since last year (Mkhitaryan , Zlatan, Pogba). I think he would not say no to United if he had the option of joing them.

In the end it might boil down to who offers most money and I think United will offer more than Chelsea. I would not have been too sure with Zlatan still at the club, especially if he had signed on for another year but with his injurry I think Lukaku is top off the list for Mourinho.
If suppose we get lukaku, then what of our very own rashford martial and giezmann?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
FFP regulations??:D thing of the past. City are getting back their 40 m fine paid in ffp regulations. While chelsea have already sold oscar for 60 m and will sell costa too for huge money as he wants the china transfer. they can eaisily outbid us for lukaku. because they have sold faboulously.
I wouldn't be too sure

The days Chelsea and City spend more than 100m with their eyes closed have been over for quite some time now. They have to be more carefull than us, true they are searching for ways to circumvent all that, the big transfers to China surely help but if Chelsea decide to break the bank for Lukaku there will be other areas they will need be able to spend alot of money on. They want a new midfielder, they need to replace Terry, if they sell Costa they will need to buy more than 1 striker because it is clear Bats isnt to Conte's taste.

I'am not saying Chelsea don't want Lukaku or can't afford Lukaku, I'am just not so sure they will want him more than we will want him and I'am definatley not sure if it end up in a bidding war that Chelsea will outbid us. I remember full well that Chelsea also wanted Shaw and Pogba but never got them because they costed far too much money for their likeing. I think Lukaku maybay the next one on that list.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's a former Chelsea youngster. Obviously he'll go back there for way more than they sold him for. It's just the way football works.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If suppose we get lukaku, then what of our very own rashford martial and giezmann?
I think we would end up playing something like this
-------------DM--------------Pogba-------------
------------------Mkhitaryan--------------------
---------Rashford------------Griezmann------
--------------------Lukaku----------------------

Were Rashford and Griezmann would play as more inverted forwards around Lukaku and both of them as optional replacements for Lukaku as the main striker (in case of injurry/suspension or bad form)

Lingard, Martial, Mata and Pereira as replacements (for the 4 positions upfront)

Another formation would be to play without any wingers and a midfield 3

---------------------DM------------------------
-------Mkhitaryan---------Pogba--------------
-----------------Griezmann--------------------
----------Lukaku---------Rashford------------

Again with Lingard, Martial, Mata, Pereira as replacements

The red panther

princess transfer emo
He's a former Chelsea youngster. Obviously he'll go back there for way more than they sold him for. It's just the way football works.
No he is not

He is a youth player from Anderlecht that Chelsea bought for £18m when he was 18 years old. Ended up being loaned to West Brom and finally sold for £30m to Everton.

He is never been a youth player for Chelsea. In that sense Martial and Ronaldo would have been Youth players from United whilst they aren't just players who were bought at a very young age.

finneh

Considering its feasible that Chelsea get at least £110m from selling Oscar/Costa I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku went for around £70m

Everton will want more but will realise that the player and agent could make things very difficult if they don't play ball.

I think Everton will realise that an extra £15m isn't worth dragging the transfer out and potentially missing out on their targets in the process.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
No he is not

He is a youth player from Anderlecht that Chelsea bought for £18m when he was 18 years old. Ended up being loaned to West Brom and finally sold for £30m to Everton.

He is never been a youth player for Chelsea. In that sense Martial and Ronaldo would have been Youth players from United whilst they aren't just players who were bought at a very young age.
I didn't say he was a youth player, I said he was a youngster. He joined Chelsea at 18 when he was young.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
They owe us something for selling Schneiderlin for such a low fee. For releasing them from Moyes (!). For preventing them from buying Rooney back. For not buying Barkley and let him bloom there. Etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.