Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I hope Costa leaves and he goes to Chelsea, or he stays at Everton another season before going somewhere. He's a good goalscorer I don't think thats in question but he still has a lot of work to do on his all round game, he also likes space infront of him, while he won't get that here, like at OT when opposition have 9 around the box for 90% of the game.
Zlatan is far more clever with his runs and movement inside the area and has struggled so i'd worry Lukaku may too.
Myth.

He has put all the teams who come to Goodison with 11 men behind the ball to the sword. Whereas he has struggled against the top teams where there is more space in behind.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Myth.

He has put all the teams who come to Goodison with 11 men behind the ball to the sword. Whereas he has struggled against the top teams where there is more space in behind.
He is a good poacher you're right, teams playing against Everton at Goodison and those same teams coming to OT and defending are certainly different you'd argue though.
You'd just worry, or at least, I would, because for deft runs and having a more intelligent gameplay in and around the box between Lakaku or Zlatan, you'd credit Zlatan higher? yet he's struggled facing those defenses with our current team, just supplanting Lakaku in for Ibra wouldnt do much for us at all by itself.

Zoo

Its powderpuff talk. They will do well to get over 60M for him.

The likes of Drogba are openly teasing about knowing what's happening, it shows how much respect the player and his camp has for Everton.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
If Lukaku was a spurs player everyone here would be saying Levy won't sell for about 80 million. Everton are tighter than Spurs. Go back and look at our player sale and you will see we don't budge until we get silly offers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pogba is nowadays a measuring scale for transfers. Guy A scored more goals than Pogba. Price >89mil. Guy B has more assists. Price > 89mil. Guy C has less haircuts. Price > 89mil and worth it too.
Heskey scored more goals then rio therefore heskey was worth 40m

izec

If Lukaku was a spurs player everyone here would be saying Levy won't sell for about 80 million. Everton are tighter than Spurs. Go back and look at our player sale and you will see we don't budge until we get silly offers.
The problem is Lukaku wont be leaving for free, so you will sell him to the highest bidder. Everton cannot afford to not sell him for 60m with a year left on his contract

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The problem is Lukaku wont be leaving for free, so you will sell him to the highest bidder. Everton cannot afford to not sell him for 60m with a year left on his contract
We can wait it out a year and then sell him for a big fee that is why i think he won't leave in the summer unless it's for around 80m.

cheeky_backheel

If a big club comes with a reasonable offer and much higher wages, Everton will do well to sell him. Otherwise, they will likely end up with a disgruntled player that they must now sell the next summer for a likely lesser fee.

There are likely going to be a few striker transfers this summer, and in such markets, getting a deal done earlier tends to be more fruitful for the selling club.

Fracture90

They rejected £50m last summer? That sounds like nonsense to me. They bought him a year before for like £5m and he's only really burst onto the scene this season, after scoring 12 league goals last year.
You're mistaken. Everton splashed around 30 million for Lukaku.

Fracture90

100 million is just blowing smoke as per usual.

55-65 would be an acceptable price for him considering today's market. He's clinical and the league top scorer in a team that isn't a contender, fast, strong and still only 23, so whoever buys him, is paying for future potential as well.

On the other hand still rash, needs to improve his decision making and his first touch.

devilish

We can wait it out a year and then sell him for a big fee that is why i think he won't leave in the summer unless it's for around 80m.
or else he can wait and leave for free.

60m for Lukaku is a fair price

Stacks

100 million is just blowing smoke as per usual.

55-65 would be an acceptable price for him considering today's market. He's clinical and the league top scorer in a team that isn't a contender, fast, strong and still only 23, so whoever buys him, is paying for future potential as well.

On the other hand still rash, needs to improve his decision making and his first touch.
I don't think he NEEDS to do it as he scores goals left right and centre regardless.

Fracture90

I don't think he NEEDS to do it as he scores goals left right and centre regardless.
He does, but that doesn't have much to do with what I wrote.

His first touch is way too heavy at times, as if he's got bricks for feet.

Fracture90

What I meant is that it isn't too essential for a player like him as he will still continue to score many goals
I know what you meant by that, but for him to move to some big club he will need to improve that segment of his game.

Offense will run through him, he will be asked to hold and pass the ball sometimes, they can't have a player in team that can't be trusted to do a simple "receive and pass the ball" task.

AshfordLad

I doubt there will be any other teams lining up for him this summer and Everton simply can not afford to hold on for another year. Lukaku is the sort of player who wouldn't think twice about making a scene if he really wanted to leave.

I'd think the deal gets done somewhere in the region of £60-75m.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He should probably command the same type of fee Kane would command, problem is that 1) he's not English (it shouldn't matter but in the end we know that Ingurlanders are overpriced) 2) he's made it pretty clear that he wants to leave so Everton can't play as much of a hardball as Spurs if they had any intention of selling Kane.

Be interesting what happens.

Tarrou

My guess is £75 million

Everton got 50 for Stones, and obviously Lukaku's worth a whole lot more but with just two years left on his deal, I don't think they can afford to play hardball this time.

devilish

A Mino Raiola ignited fire at that.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

He would just love to share the entire booty with Lukaku, leaving Everton with just a pack of toffees.He is pretty much orchestrating the same thing with Donnarumma at AC Milan.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He should probably command the same type of fee Kane would command, problem is that 1) he's not English (it shouldn't matter but in the end we know that Ingurlanders are overpriced) 2) he's made it pretty clear that he wants to leave so Everton can't play as much of a hardball as Spurs if they had any intention of selling Kane.

Be interesting what happens.
You'd think Kane would cost more besides being English though, he has a better all round game and seems pretty level headed and grounded, while Lukaku appears more selfish, the airing of his desire to leave for instance, I don't think Kane would cause that same stir.
But you're right the biggest reason he should be going for less is his contract situation in comparisson.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Will Lukaku refuse to play in a World Cup year ?

Even with one year on his contact he would demand around 60 million. He is a rare commodity.

AgentP

They rejected £50m last summer? That sounds like nonsense to me. They bought him a year before for like £5m and he's only really burst onto the scene this season, after scoring 12 league goals last year.
Sorry it wasn't last summer. It was this January window and the club was Arsenal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ino-reject-56m-arsenal-bid-for-andrea-belotti

But looks like Chelsea made a bid more recently which was turned down as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-see-51m-andrea-belotti-10217916

Fracture90

Will Lukaku refuse to play in a World Cup year ?

Even with one year on his contact he would demand around 60 million. He is a rare commodity.
Depends, many variables there.

If he stays in Everton it will all depend on his performance in 2017/18. If he tops this season, he will go for 60 million for sure, no matter the 1 year left on his contract.

If he flops the next season, hardly anyone will dare to risk that much money.

United Pro

Sorry it wasn't last summer. It was this January window and the club was Arsenal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ino-reject-56m-arsenal-bid-for-andrea-belotti

But looks like Chelsea made a bid more recently which was turned down as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-see-51m-andrea-belotti-10217916
Yeah, that's what their sporting director said, so it's likely biased and untrue. I guess we'll see in the summer what the fee is, if he is to leave.

redmeister

If PSG don't go for him, I don't think Everton will get any offers for him. I suppose Arsenal are a possibility, but other than that I can't see any club who could afford £60 million plus would be interested.

pacifictheme

Griezmann and the rash up top please.

Would sooner get a cm than two new strikers, even if ibra goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.