Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut Butter

Yesssss!

Jamie Jackson was SPOT ON about this back in May - said that Jose was "obsessed with signing Lukaku".

Zoo

Oh my oh my I don't know how to react. Please prove me wrong Romelu!

One thing I can get excited about though is that Pogba will love looking to release Lukaku through on goal early. It could work really well.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Thank god that the footballing industry still seems to overrate the hell out of Rooney, we wouldn't have gotten Lukaku for such a good fee otherwise. Buzzing.

Utdstar01

At least with Rom we know we are getting guaranteed goals and a striker who is still very young with massive room for improvement. Can only see this in a positive light, plus we are getting rid of Wayne who's a fecking useless now unfortunately :(

prtk0811

I have never said I'm 100% convinced with Lukaku and told you I will prefer Morata on him but at the same time I will take almost any striker at his prime available in the market above depending on kids, but who said Lukaku is a galactico signing ? A galactico signing is buying Lewa for example, buying Lukaku is a normal signing in EPL. Lukaku and Morata are both at 24 and entering their prime, much more trustful than players at 19 and 20 years old. Again past is past look at the current EPL teams and tell me which of them is developing youth and waiting for their development, no one really, even if they have a young player he's already firing numbers. We could have done this in the past when there were only 2-3 teams at best challenging and we have a winner squad that we may add some youth to develop, currently we need prime players ASAP to compete with the rest of the league who already have ready squads.

I really don't understand the idea, it's normal to refuse players because you are not convinced with their abilities, very fair but missing available players just to develop some raw talents ?! Rashford and Martial will get the time they deserve from the bench but what we should care as fans are the team winning or not, regardless of who is playing.

Spurs are not a great example because they actually sacrifice CL followed by EL to keep their players available in the league, I don't think you will be happy with this. Top clubs need depth if you want to fight for 2 competitions. They aren't struggling in Europe, they are sacrificing them by their own hand.

Finally, the slow build up won't be present with the dynamism Morata will give us, as much as I like Zlatan he wasn't dribbling a lot and was depending on his hold up play to create chances to his teammates but it was working. Morata will do the same + can dribble with the ball and create chances for himself too. Don't know much about Lukaku ability in this, though. Anyway it doesn't chance my point finishing is a different category than build up and we need both, if you think improving one only is enough and will solve the other automatically you're wrong, sorry, and don't tell me we didn't create clear cut chances last season, we were slow in build up due to the players play style up front like Zlatan, Mata and Pogba, all aren't the fastest players ever but we creating enough sitters tomwin any game. The fact is many players in the squad need to boost their numbers and we can't keep giving them excuses for their terrible numbers by mentioning the manager's play style and build up. These supposed-to-be top players need to take some responsibility for what they do on the pitch.
Oh man i think Shit just got real. You'd prefer Morata?

giggsziniho

Would've preferred Morata but guess Real were being difficult in negotiations and fair play to ed for walking away if he felt the club was being messed around with.

Vindal

Simon Stone from BBC on Twitter:

"United used apparent @ChelseaFC interest in Lukaku as cover. He was their first choice target."

Jericholyte2

Great news, some say he's a flat track bully but that's exactly what we need, someone who can reliably get 20+ league goals and hopefully take this step to push on forwards to the 30+ range.

AshRK

Nothing but a big middle finger to real madrid and Perez. To be frank their move to frustrate us backfired and now they will have a discontented player on their hands. And we steal a player from Chelsea's nose. A win win for us

Phil

Very disappointed by this. Have a horrible feeling about it.

The Purley King

Its absurd. I always thought Lukaku was a vastly overrated premier league player. Now we build out attack around him? Crazy
The main issue with him is that he often goes missing in the bigger games. We should hopefully have quite a few of those this season.
Would have preferred Morata tbh, as Lukaku's touch isn't that great, but if he helps us mop up the dross that we failed to put away last year then it will have been money well spent

dellboyy

Very pleased! He's young, will get better, has a great knack for being in the right place to pinch goals, which is what we need. Plus he's proven in the prem.

Having said that, with loosing Ibra & Rooney, we def need another striker too. So add Morata and should be spot on!

Wow, shocked. I'm hoping it's him and Morata. He's the definition of a handful for defenders but we need someone technical up there too.

Canagel

Paying the same price we could have got Morata, I'm at a loss for words, mental.
Morata's asking price is 79m so this deal is better. I think lukaku was our first choice target this summer but because we thought he was in advanced talks with Chelsea we pulled out and tried to get morata. Now we are about to go on tour and something had to be done. Very happy and excited really.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
I bloody love it when they come out of the blue like this

Beeb too!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
:eek: wow. That came out of nowhere. Mate at work behind just said it and I thought he was just regurgitating rumours until I logged into the beeb.

Well, I won't be putting him in my FF team next season. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.