Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That applies to local grown lads such as rashford and lingard but not Martial. Martial needs to play for a bid to get in world cup team, and he is capable of scoring many goals when used right as we have seen in his first season.

Chelsea sold a young lad lukaku because he was not willing to sit on the bench and few years later he is scoring so much in the league itself. Martial will be the next lukaku disaster if he is not played. And dont tell me that price means nothing in the current era, it sure does. Having money to sign does not mean one should stop spending it wisely. A player like griezmann next summer does make more sense than spending all the cash on lukaku and yet not improve the attacking build up required in europe against top teams in europe.
It applies to anybody. United is a top club and its time for us to restart acting like one. We've been too accommodating towards old players, young players whose hype isnt justified on the pitch and players who offer nothing but 'workrate'. If a player feels good enough then he must show it on the pitch on a regular basis

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Lindel-hoof straight to Lukaku. Explains the disinterest for Fabinho since our midfield is bypassed :drool:

NotQuiteManc

We shot ourself in the foot with the Pogba fee

Now we are paying the price!

Just wondering what £19m in 2001 would be in today's money
I know right? Cantona was only around 1M.

1M! Is Lukaku worth 75 times of Cantona? Certainly not!

Tee hee

United Pro

Imagine if Chelsea do a Willian and still manage to sign Lukaku. It can happen. So, I'll wait for the official announcement.

GrandJury

Scores 25 goals for Everton last season.

Some people on the CAF think he's not good enough...
:lol:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Ecstatic. We were hard to beat, but severely lacking firepower. This should go a long way to addressing that!

Skills

Snitch
75m fee isn't actually that bad surprisingly, coming from a PL club

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We shot ourself in the foot with the Pogba fee

Now we are paying the price!

Just wondering what £19m in 2001 would be in today's money
What? The Pogba fee keeps looking better and better. :lol:

I like Lukaku, but we'll see whether he'll be worth the fee. If this transfer is really happening, it shows that following rumors all summer long is a pointless exercise. It's a lesson to all you muppets. :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can't help feeling disheartened a bit. The likes of Griezmann could've really changed the way we play, better movement and all that (which we're desperate for)...can't see us benefiting from Lukaku like that?

prateik

Bit of a donkey and not really a player you can expect to pull a 10/10 performance against a top team, isn't he?
Still would be pleased if he came here. 75M is a fair price for a very proven yet young striker, he definitely has goals in him and we need someone to bully the lower teams, make those draws wins. Let's see what happens.
Considering how many silly points we drop against crap teams, I wouldnt mind a flat track bully.

kentafuji

That moved quickly

Still will like Morata as well though. Hopefully saying we arent interested is just a bargaining tool, to get Real to lower the price

robinrooney

Don't rate him personally but Jose is a better judge than me. Not a great all round footballer but will definitely score goals which is what it's all about

Sanchez7

Not happy with this signing as I don't believe he is technically very good and would have preferred Morata. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Bit of a donkey and not really a player you can expect to pull a 10/10 performance against a top team, isn't he?
Still would be pleased if he came here. 75M is a fair price for a very proven yet young striker, he definitely has goals in him and we need someone to bully the lower teams, make those draws wins. Let's see what happens.
We don't really know that though seeing as Everton have always tended to be a bit shit against the better sides.

Chuckazulu

Woodward ffs! Hijacking other peoples transfers now. They say never push a good mad too far and Madrid just did that. He has lost it! Bidding £75mill for Lukaku now

MUFC OK

Someone made the point that as a 'flat track bully' we should be able dispatch the smaller teams at home. I also think this a good signing in terms of our play style. Lukaku is the most similar player available to Zlatan and is PL proven. I'm excited to see how he does.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.
:D

The man is a menace, really. £75m and what will be a healthy wage for Lukaku, a week after he makes 18 year old Donnarumma the third highest paid goalkeeper in the world.

prtk0811

It applies to anybody. United is a top club and its time for us to restart acting like one. We've been too accommodating towards old players, young players whose hype isnt justified on the pitch and players who offer nothing but 'workrate'. If a player feels good enough then he must show it on the pitch on a regular basis
Well i think your wish got real, but at the expense of Morata.

Champagne Football

He's going to be an absolute beast for us. No defender will want to face him and he'll only get much better. Typical Jose signing. Agent Pogba deserves credit for this one. Expecting a Raiola statue somewhere outside OT in near future

podurban2

Can't help feeling disheartened a bit. The likes of Griezmann could've really changed the way we play, better movement and all that (which we're desperate for)...can't see us benefiting from Lukaku like that?
We will go for Griezmann next year. Lukaku is exactly what we need right now.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Whenever I watched Everton, Lukaku often got terrible service and still managed to muster up goals out of nothing. Wait til he gets the service that Zlatan got last season. His conversion rate is about twice as good as Zlatan's, he will absolutely kill it for us.

Zoo

Turns out his good source was on to something.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It is more likely we are using it to pressure Madrid and stop them from continue to drag things out. It also puts pressure on Morata's team to close the deal.

If Morata misses out on a move to United due to Madrid management being assholes, they will end up with a very disgruntled player that they may then have to sell for much cheaper than we are offering.
Or perhaps not.

prateik

He is home grown.. So that adds a few $$$ to his price tag as well..

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
That's an eye watering amount of money for Lukaku :eek: But he's a typical Mourinho type striker, PL proven, coming off the back of a great season, so he'll do a job for us. Can't say I'm particularly excited but we needed a replacement for Ibra and with the way the market is, he's as good as any option out there.

Kag

Look, say what you want about his touch and all round game, but he's a cast iron certainty to score lots of goals. Wherever he goes, he hits the net.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Very happy about this, terrific player. Morata would have probably pined for Madrid in a few seasons anyway.

el3mel

Chelsea negotiate for him for 2 months.

We negotiate for one day and finish him off.

This is a replay to anyone saying we don't have other targets in summer and Jose and Ed aren't doing their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.