Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Oh Mino riola, We have just dealt with the devil again.
think he and Pogba are having a bigger say at United than we give credit for. Pogbas mate and Raiolas client Zlatan leaves, Pogbas other mate and Raiolas other client joins to replace him.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Jesus christ, this is a shot out of nowhere. Suddenly he says he wants us, the next day we agree a fee. Part of me is sad we will no longer pursue Morata but bringing in a PL proven striker is great, I do hope this drives the Morata price down though and we get him too.

Sid234

Good on Woody for swooping in and getting the deal done so quick. Wonder why we sat back and waited for so long though.

Maybe Everton started to play ball after Rooney became a realistic target

DevilRed

Can't say im disappointed. Between him and Morata they are as good of strikers as you will get in this market.

At 23-24 years of age, he has room to develop into an even better player. At least we know he wont feck off back to Madrid in 3 years time.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's going to be an absolute beast for us. No defender will want to face him and he'll only get much better. Typical Jose signing. Agent Pogba deserves credit for this one. Expecting a Raiola statue somewhere outside OT in near future
Next to the one of SAF? :lol: The guy is the reason we had to shell out 100 million for Pogba in the first place but dragging him to Juventus. We're making sure the fat f**k stays fat with the sums we're paying. There's no need to thank him for anything.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would prefer Kane. But if this happens so be it.
Of course, although we can get Lukaku and Morata for the price Kane would command. I'm not sure there actually that much difference in quality between them. Remember, Kane played in a much better attack last season and took more pens.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Good signing, proven PL goalscorer and Ed Woodward playing Real Madrid and Chelsea like chumps. Well played.

prtk0811

Chelsea negotiate for him for 2 months.

We negotiate for one day and finish him off.

This is a replay to anyone saying we don't have other targets in summer and Jose and Ed aren't doing their job.
Riola investment we did last season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Lukaku is probably the best youngish striker in the Premier League alongside Kane and either is a good signing in my book. Couldn't give a toss about the price tag

We're going to get some crazy unveiling aren't we? :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hopefully he continues that flat track bullying streak he has in him and streamroll all the rubbish teams we drawed with last season.

cheeky_backheel

Not sure its over though, as I dont expect Chelsea to just watch unless he was never their prime target.

Halftrack

Don't know how to feel about this. Lukaku is a good player, and is certainly a Mourinho type striker, but for whatever reason I'm not feeling it (then again, I was in the bag for Morata). He'll need to become way less streaky and more consistent (though that might be a side-effect of playing for Everton), and he needs to start scoring in big games.

Scores 25 goals for Everton last season.

Some people on the CAF think he's not good enough...
:lol:
Was Darren Bent good enough for United? Kevin Phillips? Andy Johnson? I'm not saying they were on the level of Lukaku, or that he's not good enough. What I'm saying is that number of goals isn't really an indicator of anything when used on its own.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Fecking awesome. Fair play to Woodward, played a blinder here, good price (considering the market!!!) and without any stupid media speculation.

The Bloody-Nine

Further evidence, if it was needed, that the media are f*cking clueless. 'Lukaku chooses Chelsea, Morata to be wrapped up in 48 hours, blah, blah, blah'.

Status
Not open for further replies.