5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's B Rubble

Correctly predicted him in my starting 11. See alot of decent qualities in the young man: passing range, positioning, and tackling. Hopefully takes his chance alongside Matic and emulates a young Carrick.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its more necessity than a genuine need to play youth. If Fellaini was fit and Herrera wasn't sucking balls he wouldn't be getting game time. Jose is still riding Matic like a rented mule.
Surely no youth team player would get a chance at any club if the senior player ahead of them was performing at 100%.

If Jose had decided to play Herrera instead, he would be slated for not giving kids a chance.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Surely no youth team player would get a chance at any club if the senior player ahead of them was performing at 100%.

If Jose had decided to play Herrera instead, he would be slated for not giving kids a chance.
You can use that argument but you have to be consistent, like not suggesting LvG fluked into Rashford and Martial.

JoaquinJoaquin

Don't think he is good enough if I'm being honest. Runs around alot but that isn't the calibre of player we need in our midfield. Bournemouth are skipping through this midfield far too easy and McTominay is doing nothing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
How are people not rating his performances???

Does the yards in midfield and comes up with some incisive forward passes. Isn't that what you want from a holding midfielder?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am always biased towards our young players and rate them high but i just don't see anything special in him. Hope i am wrong here

JoaquinJoaquin

How are people not rating his performances???

Does the yards in midfield and comes up with some incisive forward passes. Isn't that what you want from a holding midfielder?
Bournemouth skipped past him for 60 minutes with ease. Granted he has been better the last 10 minutes but it was far too easy for them before that. He just doesn't contribute a lot, well not to the degree we need a Manchester United midfielder to.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think he has been great especially since he has only started a handful of games for the first team. Some people are never happy, expecting him to be as good as a prime Carrick or Matic. Some people just want to criticise everything.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I like the cut of his jib. Reminds me of Fletch aged 23/24 actually.

Sid234

Had someone complain on reddit that McTominay was too invisible for much of the game. :houllier:

Some people can never be pleased. Not sure what people expect out of him during a game? He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder, and is not really at a level where he can control a game from that position.

Bwuk

Had someone complain on reddit that McTominay was too invisible for much of the game. :houllier:

Some people can never be pleased. Not sure what people expect out of him during a game? He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder, and is not really at a level where he can control a game from that position.
Because he's not a highlights player some don't rate him.

McTominay is a very good player.

kundalini

From what I saw of the match, I thought he played reasonably well. One over-hit cross that was a bit rubbish, one good surge and cross, several decent long passes that found United players running forwards. I may well have missed the important moments.

AR87

Him, Jones, DDG and Shaw were the only players in the side who had a good game today.

He's not mobile enough, at least not next to Matic, to be solid defensively in a 2 man midfield, but in the 2nd half he had some really bright spells. Good performance from him and expect to see more from him during this hectic holiday period.

el3mel

He's not very creative, but feck me he's an excellent physical presence in midfield. He keeps the ball very well, wins most of challenges and his short passing is excellent.

He looks like a proper number 6. Can easily be molded to become Matic successor. He's very similar to him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Few calibrations more from Jose & coaching staff and he'll be a very decent midfielder.

engulfing

He knows how to win the ball in midfield. I like him, i think he'll make it. He needs more confidence to try to do more when on the ball, has shown his ability in glimpses but with less than 10 appearances under his belt, keeping it safe is fine.

redom

Bournemouth seemed to get by our midfield too easily on a few occasions but I don't want to blame Scott because I can't say I was particularly watching his positioning that closely so it might have been a combination of things, he did well on the ball though and looked comfortable throughout, encouraging signs.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Bournemouth seemed to get by our midfield too easily on a few occasions but I don't want to blame Scott because I can't say I was particularly watching his positioning that closely so it might have been a combination of things, he did well on the ball though and looked comfortable throughout, encouraging signs.
Yeah, he did well on the ball but Bournemouth got pass our midfield a lot and I wasn't sure who's responsible for that. But encouraging signs from both him and Shaw.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
My stream was so shit that with those flowing (albeit blurry) sandy locks, I thought it was BFS in the middle of the pitch. But then he actually ran with the ball a bit and it assured me that it actually wasn't BFS.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did well physically at the end but he was crap for 70 minutes. Anyone else saying otherwise clearly didn’t watch the game.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Did well today. Was a bit stretched at times, but he hasn't exactly played much PL football before this. Learning curve.

Devil may care

I like his clamness, he's ok, just not sure he's got enough in his game for a team with our supposed amibitions.

Paul_Scholes18

Thought he did really well. He looks like he can perform at this level and I hope to see more from him. We have won all games he have played so far which is a good record too :).

SirAF

Ageist
I think he’s definitely good enough to be a squad player for United.

Canagel

He's not very creative, but feck me he's an excellent physical presence in midfield. He keeps the ball very well, wins most of challenges and his short passing is excellent.

He looks like a proper number 6. Can easily be molded to become Matic successor. He's very similar to him.
Completely agree. If there is one improvement he can make its positioning I think. We were too open at times through the middle and against better teams we will get punished.

Red4Life_#7

He is going to be a top player. Strong, calm and looks more experienced than his years.
It's obvious he has been told to keep it simple, so I wouldn't agree with some saying he isn't an attacking threat... there is a lot more to come from this guy.

JoaquinJoaquin

I like his clamness, he's ok, just not sure he's got enough in his game for a team with our supposed amibitions.
Some of our fans are accepting mediocrity now it seems. Not to say he won't become a good player in time, but doesn't look like a United calibre player for me anyways. Standards have slipped for a few though I understand.

Nick7

Good young player. Excited to see if he can kick on further and become a good player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.