Sergio Aguero | Performances

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Get over yourself drama queen, he broke a rib, that is all.
I never said he sustained a big injury. I said it was a serious looking accident and I wouldn't personally focus on the football perks from that. Nothing I said was overly dramatic tbh.

VanGaalEra

Erm, I've been in a few and still don't get your point.

There are literally hundreds of thounsands of car accidents everyday. Some awful, some like this, not so awful.
And imagine someone was happy when you got into your accidents. Wouldn’t be nice, would it?

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Jesus will keep on scoring at an impressive rate in Aguero's absence I would expect. As good a player as Aguero clearly is, I don't think that they rely on him to the that degree Spurs do with Kane.

I never said he sustained a big injury. I said it was a serious looking accident and I wouldn't personally focus on the football perks from that. Nothing I said was overly dramatic tbh.
Yes it's overly dramatic. He has walked away with just a broken rib, he'll be sore for a few days and it'll be nightmare trying to get to sleep for a week or so.

VanGaalEra

I suppose empathy is lost on him.
Seems like it’s lost on a lot of people as they’re only viewing it from a sporting perspective.

If our player had been in a car accident and someone quoted posts form Rawk or blue moon saying it was good for Pool/City, these same posters would be saying ‘what a bunch of horrible cnuts’.

Seems like it’s lost on a lot of people as they’re only viewing it from a sporting perspective.

If our player had been in a car accident and someone quoted posts form Rawk or blue moon saying it was good for Pool/City, these same posters would be saying ‘what a bunch of horrible cnuts’.
Yet I haven't said it's good for us, not once. I simply called out the over dramatic posts in this thread.

podurban2

That's not what he is saying though, his point is car accidents happen all the time but as soon as it's a famous person people get all sensitive about it. He has a point.

VanGaalEra

Yet I haven't said it's good for us, not once. I simply called out the over dramatic posts in this thread.
So what was the point of your original post quoting me?

Anyway, no point debating over this. Think the club have confirmed it and just have to wait and see how long he’s out for.

VanGaalEra

That's not what he is saying though, his point is car accidents happen all the time but as soon as it's a famous person people get all sensitive about it. He has a point.
No, he doesn’t have a point. If you posted your neighbour had been in a car crash, I’m pretty sure people would also be sensitive over it.

PoTMS

Poor guy can't catch a break. Never nice to see this happen to anyone, even your biggest rivals. Luckily, from the sounds of it, it isn't anything serious.

Ian Wright

He's a nasty dirtbag on the pitch. Off the pitch, who the feck knows. Classy is someone like Mata.
I agree he is as big a diving cheat as there is in the game, although on balance he takes some stick as well. This is a massive loss for city for sure, broken ribs is a horrible injury so he has my sympathy there and there is not much that can be done to speed the healing process, if he has done several ribs it won't be a short term absence for sure.

Ace of Spades

After reading the thread title, I thought it was life threatening at first, bit of over dramatic to call it a serious car crash.

Glad to know it is not too bad, and hope he recovers soon.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
After reading the thread title, I thought it was life threatening at first, bit of over dramatic to call it a serious car crash.

Glad to know it is not too bad, and hope he recovers soon.
With the state of the car and the fact that he has broken ribs I do not think it is over dramatic to say it is a serious car crash.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
Taxi driver apparently lost control and hit the pole. How on earth that happens to a professional taxi driver is beyond me. Maybe he was star struck and wasn’t fully paying attention.

Glad Aguero is okay-ish.

With the state of the car and the fact that he has broken ribs I do not think it is over dramatic to say it is a serious car crash.
In my opinion the title is dramatic. It does automatically make one think of a life threatening situation.

That he suffered injury and the car looks like that is bad, but not life threatening, to which the word “serious” refers to in my mind at least.

Oscie

Everyone's glad he isn't seriously injured.

Shaming people on the level of not getting special 'Aguero' t-shirts to wear to work this morning might be a bit much.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Its spooky i was thinking yesterday that how fit was aguero this season as he is always maligned by fitness issues. Then i read this :nervous:. Hope its okay soon for him and he isnt hurt much.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Taxi driver apparently lost control and hit the pole. How on earth that happens to a professional taxi driver is beyond me. Maybe he was star struck and wasn’t fully paying attention.

Glad Aguero is okay-ish.

In my opinion the title is dramatic. It does automatically make one think of a life threatening situation.

That he suffered injury and the car looks like that is bad, but not life threatening, to which the word “serious” refers to in my mind at least.
I think the 'serious' is tempered by 'could miss two months', which wouldn't be there if he were gravely injured.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I think you’re the one being dramatic here. If it was life threatening the title would have said so. Serious is not synonym with life threatening.

Camilo

It looks like a pretty slow impact, and I'd bet if any of us were in that crash in a modern car and not a 15 old shit heap like he was, we'd be stepping out like nothing happened. As I'm sure Aguero did too. In all likelihood, a broken rig from a crash like this is probably from wearing a seat belt under his arm instead of over his shoulder.

What is it, 2000 a year dead from car crashes in the UK, and 1.5 million dead worldwide? Pretending to be sensitive to this story when numbers like this are the true picture doesn't sit right with me. Obviously I'm glad he's not actually hurt, but I'm not going to pretend like he could have been badly hurt - seat belt or not you're walking away from something like this.

It looks like a pretty slow impact, and I'd bet if any of us were in that crash in a modern car and not a 15 old shit heap like he was, we'd be stepping out like nothing happened. As I'm sure Aguero did too. In all likelihood, a broken rig from a crash like this is probably from wearing a seat belt under his arm instead of over his shoulder.

What is it, 2000 a year dead from car crashes in the UK, and 1.5 million dead worldwide? Pretending to be sensitive to this story when numbers like this are the true picture doesn't sit right with me. Obviously I'm glad he's not actually hurt, but I'm not going to pretend like he could have been badly hurt - seat belt or not you're walking away from something like this.
What this man said.

AdnanRED

Hope he recovers well, shame about his injury from an Argentine and City perspective too because both could really do with him now.

pacifictheme

Shame for him abd city. Don't like to see any player get injured, whatever the cause.

VanGaalEra

If my neighbour had a crash and walked away with just a broken rib, no I don't think any of you would give two shits unless you're faking it on a ridiculous level.
Nobody would be happy about it and that's the point. Just because he's a rival, don't be happy that he's got into a car crash ffs.

Castia

I hope he's ok and sustained no serious injury.

On the footballing side of things fecking brilliant news for us, him and Mendy both out for a few months. They're a G.Jesus injury away from being completely in the shit.

Last edited:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Glad it's not a serious injury, and that it wasn't as bad as first feared.

Do I wish him a speedy recovery back to City's starting line up? Not at all.
Rest up Aguero, those pesky rib fractures are bastards. Take as much time out as you like!

Nobody would be happy about it and that's the point. Just because he's a rival, don't be happy that he's got into a car crash ffs.
If someone thinks Aguero missing around 6 weeks with a very mild injury is good news, why vilify them? I don't give a shit if some City fan thinks Pogba's pulled hammy was good news, in fact, I'd expect them to think that.

Just because this small injury happened in a car accident, something that happens to hundreds of thousands of people every day you want to make out anyone is the scum of the Earth for thinking such thoughts? Drama much?

The facts are, it was another road accident, one in which no-one was seriously hurt or injured.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Glad he's ok.
This is what happens when you legalise marijuana and let undocumented workers run rampant through the job market......

Honestly, no idea. Bad luck I guess.
One hell of a comment to make without knowing the details.