Sergio Aguero | Performances

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
We don't play them until December 9th, and he'll probably be back by then.
Depends on how badly he is injured, bruised ribs not too bad, but it they are broken, that could mean January return. Broken ribs are difficult to deal with, not much to do but rest up, not even minimal training.

On a personal level hope the lads not too badly hurt, but... if he should have to miss the 9th of Dec game, well I wouldn't be too disappointed!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Depends on how badly he is injured, bruised ribs not too bad, but it they are broken, that could mean January return. Broken ribs are difficult to deal with, not much to do but rest up, not even minimal training.

On a personal level hope the lads not too badly hurt, but... if he should have to miss the 9th of Dec game, well I wouldn't be too disappointed!
This is true, especially given how often we use them without even noticing - breathing will be painful at least for the first few weeks.
But equally he'll have access to the best medical care at all times too, plus he can afford to have hospitality available on demand too - so this could speed up the healing process for him

salford_

He will definitely be out tomorrow, I had it down as a 1-1 draw, im not so sure now

wythyred

I broke two ribs playing football at the end of July... I was back training and played 11 a side again within 3 weeks.

It's incredibly uncomfortable and painful for the first week but it eased drastically after that in my case.

I think he'll be back before the end of next month.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Anyone know why he was in Holland 48 hours before arguably their biggest game of the season? I bet Pep is livid.
Maybe he was doing what many other blokes do when in Amsterdam and shagging prostitutes in the red light district, while getting bladdered in the Old Sailor pub?:lol:

Or maybe he was just at a concert, had the club's blessing, and was behaving himself as per usual? The fact is that car crashes can happen anywhere in the world and it's irrelevant that it was in Amsterdam or on Ashton Old Road. As for people moaning about him being out of the country, well you can get to and from Holland from Manchester as quickly as you can get to and from London, particularly if you're a professional footballer who will have access to private jets and stuff. I'm just glad he's not more seriously injured and if he ends up missing a couple of months then so what - his well being is more important than the football and what impact it might have on our prospects this season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I broke two ribs playing football at the end of July... I was back training and played 11 a side again within 3 weeks.

It's incredibly uncomfortable and painful for the first week but it eased drastically after that in my case.

I was out for 2 months. Getting in and out of bed was horrendous

Player Red

Sounds more like you had muscle damage than broken ribs. Though an x-ray probably confirmed it.

January for a broken rib? He'll be back in 6 weeks tops.

I fractured a rib in a pre-season friendly (confirmed on x-ray), took me 4 weeks.

DenisIrwin

A fit guy like that breaking a rib on a seat belt?! Nah. It'll be a bit sore for a little while and he'll be back. I guess "...has sore ribs" won't get as many clicks.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
January for a broken rib? He'll be back in 6 weeks tops.

I fractured a rib in a pre-season friendly (confirmed on x-ray), took me 4 weeks.
There is a hell of a difference between sports injuries and car crash injuries.
As I said, it depends on how badly he's injured, may be a few broken ribs and few cracked ones, January not unrealistic. The good news from him and City is that the reports say he was wearing his seat belt, so probably only bruising!

NinjaFletch

Anyone know why he was in Holland 48 hours before arguably their biggest game of the season? I bet Pep is livid.
You realise the distance from Amsterdam to Manchester isn't that big right? Depending on mode of transport you're really not looking at that much longer than a trip to London and you wouldn't bat an eyelid about that.

There is a hell of a difference between sports injuries and car crash injuries.
As I said, it depends on how badly he's injured, may be a few broken ribs and few cracked ones, January not unrealistic. The good news from him and City is that the reports say he was wearing his seat belt, so probably only bruising!
Actually a fractured rib is still just a fractured rib @I Believe. Doesn't matter if it happening during sport or falling out of an aircraft.

Quote me, he's back in full training before end of October.

Jagga7

I read a a headline he was involved in serious crash and thought he had a broken a leg or something. Luckily for him it's not too serious.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
You realise the distance from Amsterdam to Manchester isn't that big right? Depending on mode of transport you're really not looking at that much longer than a trip to London and you wouldn't bat an eyelid about that.
yeah literally an hour on a plane - and I suspect he is flying at worst first class (possibly private) with plenty of legroom and an executive lounge to rest in ... probably more relaxing than a drive (or being driven) to london

padr81

Supports
Man City
T
Actually a fractured rib is still just a fractured rib @I Believe. Doesn't matter if it happening during sport or falling out of an aircraft.

Quote me, he's back in full training before end of October.
This. I've broke my ribs 3 times in the last 2 years kickboxing ( not very good at it lol) and its never much more than a month. Usually 3 weeks.

FujiVice

Has year I broke my ribs, I swear its the worst pain I've ever had. I couldnt lie on my back. Its a nightmare.

Pace Abuser

I once fractured my ribs on the left. It was frikkin awful discomfort. I couldn't breathe easily, nor sleep at night as it was a chore to toss and turn. It's just an awful injury. And if it's broken ribs you can multiply the situation by 5

I once fractured my ribs on the left. It was frikkin awful discomfort. I couldn't breathe easily, nor sleep at night as it was a chore to toss and turn. It's just an awful injury. And if it's broken ribs you can multiply the situation by 5
Actually, I remember being told that a clean break is better, as they can pin that. A fracture is a worse injury.

Edit: Not 100% on my facts here as can't with certain accuracy recall if a medical professional told me this, or some random mate.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sane Jesus Stirling
D/BSiva De Bruyne
Fernandinho

City will cope just fine - Mendy will be a bigger loss for them

As for ribs - Ive had a fracture which was pretty small and it was better pretty quick - certainly within 6 weeks I was totally fine... Ive also had a rib virtually snapped in 2 - very different - even a few months later I was struggling with things like driving so it depends how severe it is

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Glad he’s relatively unscathed. Hope he recovers quickly and fully, both physically and mentally.

I'm guessing if it's even slightly a nasty rib break then Sergio will be getting the best treatment money can buy:

A new two-hour surgical procedure called the Synthes Rib Matrix, now available on the NHS and privately from £12,000, can transform recovery time.

Instead of leaving the ribs to heal by themselves, tailor-made metal plates are pinned to the broken bones to speed up the healing process and alleviate pain.

Tom Routledge, a consultant thoracic surgeon who works at London hospitals Guy’s and London Bridge, offers the technique.

He says: ‘Ribs are like dry twigs and they can break very easily – in some cases just by coughing. This also makes them very difficult to repair.

‘We now have the technology to stabilise the fracture, pulling the ribs back into place, which relieves the pain straight away.’

During the two-hour operation, the surgeon makes a small incision and inserts a titanium metal plate shaped to fit the anatomical contours of the rib.

Each ready-made plate is about half an inch wide and varies in length from 2in to 5in, depending on which rib it is being used for.

The plate and the rib are then attached together with screws to hold the bone in place. The plates are left in the body for ever.

Routledge says: ‘Within two days, patients are in much better shape and are normally out of hospital.

‘Pain tends to last days rather than the weeks or months associated with traditional treatment and there are fewer complications such as pneumonia, so it makes a tremendous difference.

'For footballers and rugby players, a broken rib can be career-limiting and this can get them playing again dramatically quicker.’

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm guessing if it's even slightly a nasty rib break then Sergio will be getting the best treatment money can buy:

A new two-hour surgical procedure called the Synthes Rib Matrix, now available on the NHS and privately from £12,000, can transform recovery time.
which in fairness is around 9 hours wages for him... so not exactly an issue

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Hope he recovers as quickly as possible, he's been so good this season, not just in front of the goal but in his defensive contribution and build-up play too. Jesus is more than capable cover though, and Sterling and Sane have also got goals in them. Also, I do not share this attitude that you cannot be happy when an opponent's player gets injured. Sure, I never actively wish a rival players get injured, but if they pull a hamstring, then that's good news for my team. Of course it's different if it is a serious injury or a repetitive one, it's never nice to see any professional suffer such misfortune.

Hope he recovers as quickly as possible, he's been so good this season, not just in front of the goal but in his defensive contribution and build-up play too. Jesus is more than capable cover though, and Sterling and Sane have also got goals in them. Also, I do not share this attitude that you cannot be happy when an opponent's player gets injured. Sure, I never actively wish a rival players get injured, but if they pull a hamstring, then that's good news for my team. Of course it's different if it is a serious injury or a repetitive one, it's never nice to see any professional suffer such misfortune.
Well exactly that. I don't really give it much thought but the idea that a City fan can't be happy when Pogba pulls his hammy or a United fan shouldn't be happy when Aguero fractures a rib is a bizarre one for me.

Being happy about a Mendy or Zatan type injury is a bit shitty as they are bad ones, but cracked ribs or pulled hamstrings?

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Broken rib and fractured rib is a bit different and a broken rib takes more time to heal, I had 3 fractured ribs and I never stop working and even spearfishing at the time (now try to hold your breath with fractured ribs :eek:), the thing was they weren't that bad and I would say was slightly fractured - yes X-ray confirmed, even when I broke my right foot I still went to work until I removed my shoe because the pain (I didn't know at the time was broken) and I couldn't put my shoe back because my damn foot was twice the size. I drove to the hospital and then back to work (was my first week at the job). He will survive :devil: