Sergio Aguero | Performances

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Hope he recovers as quickly as possible, he's been so good this season, not just in front of the goal but in his defensive contribution and build-up play too. Jesus is more than capable cover though, and Sterling and Sane have also got goals in them. Also, I do not share this attitude that you cannot be happy when an opponent's player gets injured. Sure, I never actively wish a rival players get injured, but if they pull a hamstring, then that's good news for my team. Of course it's different if it is a serious injury or a repetitive one, it's never nice to see any professional suffer such misfortune.
Spot on.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I suppose I shouldn't be astonished that someone is trying to justify feeling happy about a car accident but I am.

No ifs or buts or justifying it because you support another group of people kicking a ball around - if you celebrate something like this your priorities are thoroughly screwed up. It doesn't matter if it happens hundreds of thousands of times a day. Many horrible things do but decent aren't happy about them.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Actually, I remember being told that a clean break is better, as they can pin that. A fracture is a worse injury.

Edit: Not 100% on my facts here as can't with certain accuracy recall if a medical professional told me this, or some random mate.
A fracture is the same as a break, "broken" is the layman's term for "fractured".

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Glad that his injury is not more serious, but I am not happy that he did get hurt. How's the driver?

I imagine if this had been a United player, the discussions would be about any fans from other teams forums talking about how glad they were about the injury and there would be some having a silly go at our player for being off at a concert in another country when he should be home training, living like a monk, and other such nonsense.

Count your blessings Sergio, get well soon.

You've been in 'a few' car accidents? What sort of driver is in 'a few' car accidents?
Well @squiggle I'd say a lot of different sorts of drivers. Me for example:

1st one, 17 yrs old. My fault, awful driving down a country lane, flipped the old fellas car.

2nd & 3rd, I wasn't driving.

4th: 20 years after the first, other person smashed into the back of me at a red light, hard. Guessing he was looking at his mobile or something.

That's average according to forbes, the insurance stats say the average person will make 3-4 claims over a lifetime. When people are not the driver and not hurt, they make no claims of course.

Last edited:

salford_

A fracture is the same as a break, "broken" is the layman's term for "fractured".
correct. Fracture is the "proper" medical way to say a break.
Fractures range from hairline, which is very mild in cases, to compound where the bone pierces the skin.

If Aguero has fractured ribs, he is out until just before xmas at a guess

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Came in here fully expecting an argument over rival player injuries.

Despite Aguerooooooo still hurting and his knack for scoring against us I find him one of the most likeable rival players. Hope he gets well soon.

Moonred

Christ no one is happy about him getting in an accident. The good news is not that he is injured, the good news is that City are going to be without him for a while now. You can’t change that.

RonW

This is a really sad and unfortunate incident that happened, thank God he's safe. At this moment all the football rivalries come second, wishing Kun Aguero all the best in having a quick recovery and back to coming back on the field again.

Reactions: SteveJ

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Came in here fully expecting an argument over rival player injuries.

Despite Aguerooooooo still hurting and his knack for scoring against us I find him one of the most likeable rival players. Hope he gets well soon.
He's got a cnutish streak in him so he's definitely disliked among many. City as a whole doesn't have a very dislikeable squad imo but out of the bunch he's at the bottom end for me. Excellent footballer though, a credit I'll never give out loud to someone like Suarez or Fowler.

As for the injury itself I'm not displeased about it because we know the aftermath. I do hope that he won't suffer mentally from it because that would suck. You never know how people respond to accidents like that so hopefully he just treats it for what it is and comes back in a couple of months fresh with City having lost points due to his absence.

Kant-ona

That's why Rooney doesn't take a taxi when is has a night out - too dangerous.

Seriously: All the best for him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
From a near fatality to only missing 2 months with a broken rib. Blimey, thank goodness for seat belts.

gibers

Hope he recovers well. Crazy that he can almost never go a full season without injury. The fact that he only has one golden boot to his name is tragic for a striker of his quality and reputation.

I have sneaky feeling Pep is actually not too sad this happened.

Laurentiu amt

Hope he recovers well. Crazy that he can almost never go a full season without injury. The fact that he only has one golden boot to his name is tragic for a striker of his quality and reputation.

I have sneaky feeling Pep is actually not too sad this happened.
Well, I may be harsh, but Pep doesn't give a shite about his players unless they're feking messi.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Well exactly that. I don't really give it much thought but the idea that a City fan can't be happy when Pogba pulls his hammy or a United fan shouldn't be happy when Aguero fractures a rib is a bizarre one for me.

Being happy about a Mendy or Zatan type injury is a bit shitty as they are bad ones, but cracked ribs or pulled hamstrings?
I think it's slightly different if the cracked ribs are as a result of a car accident as opposed to happening on the field of play but yeah, I pretty much agree. I can understand fans being happy that a key player from a rival team is going to miss some matches. As an example, my United-supporting boss was off work today because he was moving house but when he phoned me up this afternoon to talk about work-related stuff he asked me how Aguero was then burst out laughing. Some might find that crass but I'm not arsed really and to be honest some of the comments from our own fans - calling him stupid for daring to set foot outside the country and get injured in a car crash that was no fault of his own - have pissed me off far more today.

gibers

Well, I may be harsh, but Pep doesn't give a shite about his players unless they're feking messi.
LOOOL. I wouldn't go that far but I think Kun still doesn't suit his ways and Now he can play other players in attack. Mendy is the biggest worry. Can see them going for a lb in Jan.

I think it's slightly different if the cracked ribs are as a result of a car accident
Why? It's the same injury, no-one got seriously hurt in the car crash.

As I mentioned a few times, hundreds of thousands of people crash every day, occasionally it's a big deal but most often, like with this, it's just another unfortunate accident that did no real harm.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I suppose I shouldn't be astonished that someone is trying to justify feeling happy about a car accident but I am.

No ifs or buts or justifying it because you support another group of people kicking a ball around - if you celebrate something like this your priorities are thoroughly screwed up. It doesn't matter if it happens hundreds of thousands of times a day. Many horrible things do but decent aren't happy about them.
Jesus man, get a grip of yourself, not every car accident ends with fatalities. In fact, judging by the potted history of sporting injuries, this one - 2 to 4 weeks - is less severe than having a jar of salad cream fall on your foot. Which actually happened.