Sergio Aguero | Performances

Maxii

Paad
You overdramatised the entire event. Something that happens hundreds of thousands of times a day.
There's nowhere near hundreds of thousands of car crashes every day worldwide. And even if there was it doesn't take away from how serious they are. I can't see how anyone is being overly dramatic here

VanGaalEra

If someone thinks Aguero missing around 6 weeks with a very mild injury is good news, why vilify them? I don't give a shit if some City fan thinks Pogba's pulled hammy was good news, in fact, I'd expect them to think that.

Just because this small injury happened in a car accident, something that happens to hundreds of thousands of people every day you want to make out anyone is the scum of the Earth for thinking such thoughts? Drama much?
Now who's being over dramatic. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You overdramatised the entire event. Something that happens hundreds of thousands of times a day.
I didn't say its uncommon either. Look we have different views on how to comment on car crashes that looked pretty bad and could have caused terrible injuries. Let's just leave it there and save any name calling.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I don't like the BBC Sport headline for it though -
"Man City's Aguero injured in car crash", and in the subheading before clicking the article it states: "Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero was injured in a car accident in Amsterdam on Thursday night, the club confirms".

I mean - if you read that without knowing the injury, you automatically fear the worst. The lack of description in any of that signifies that he's in a critical state.
At least say the minor injury of it - (yes as a doctor, I'm taking a fracture rib as a minor injury).

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
"Man City's Aguero injured in car crash", and in the subheading before clicking the article it states: "Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero was injured in a car accident in Amsterdam on Thursday night, the club confirms".

I mean - if you read that without knowing the injury, you automatically fear the worst. The lack of description in any of that signifies that he's in a critical state.
At least say the minor injury of it - (yes as a doctor, I'm taking a fracture rib as a minor injury).
If it was serious there would be something in the headline like "in critical condition".

There's nowhere near hundreds of thousands of car crashes every day worldwide. And even if there was it doesn't take away from how serious they are. I can't see how anyone is being overly dramatic here
Yes it does, not all car crashes are created equal.

In this case it's overdramatic because everyone involved walk away with no serious injuries. The crash looks pretty slow impact too.

Also...

Annual Global Road Crash Statistics

• Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
  • An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
50 million / 365 days = 136,986
And that's just the crashes that cause injury so....

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
God you lot are so annoying you'll argue about anything.
No we won't..!:rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like a bad crash, or that Aguero is seriously injured, might just be a bit of bruising.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

I don't agree and I wouldn't assume the worst, I would assume like anyone a car accident is serious but critical? A big leap IMHO

Agreed thought that, in general, rib fractures are minor as injuries go

Oscie

We know his injuries are limited to his ribs that might be anything from bruised or broken.

People reacting to this as if he's hanging in the balance and news of how serious he's been hurt has yet to reach us, is bizarre.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We know his injuries are limited to his ribs that might be anything from bruised or broken.

People reacting to this as if he's hanging in the balance and news of how serious he's been hurt has yet to reach us, is bizarre.
No one is acting like that. That is a strawman.

Oscie

No one is acting like that. That is a strawman.
Many people have said "hope he's okay" or words to that effect - we know he is. He's damaged his ribs but is fine and will be assessed by City doctors at some point today to see how long he's out for.

Castia

Anyone know why he was in Holland 48 hours before arguably their biggest game of the season? I bet Pep is livid.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Many people have said "hope he's okay" or words to that effect - we know he is. He's damaged his ribs but is fine and will be assessed by City doctors at some point today to see how long he's out for.
Exactly because you only say "hope he's okay" to people in ICU.

Oscie

Exactly because you only say "hope he's okay" to people in ICU.
We don't hope he'll be okay. We KNOW he'll be okay on account of the fact we know that he's okay. Being desperately maudlin and being a hairs breadth away from declaring he'll 'be in our prayers' is ridiculous.

"This man is okay"
-Gosh, I hope he's okay
"Um...yeah he's okay"
- Really hope he pulls through
"Are...are you hearing what I'm saying..he's okay"
- Oh just because he isn't in ICU we can't pray for him?

Let's hope Elton John doesn't rush out a charity single.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We don't hope he'll be okay. We KNOW he'll be okay on account of the fact we know that he's okay. Being desperately maudlin and being a hairs breadth away from declaring he'll 'be in our prayers' is ridiculous.
Rib injuries are painful and we do not know how he will recover. So I do not think "hope he is okay" is overly dramatic.

Red Devil Rising

"This man is okay"
-Gosh, I hope he's okay
"Um...yeah he's okay"
- Really hope he pulls through
"Are...are you hearing what I'm saying..he's okay"
- Oh just because he isn't in ICU we can't pray for him?

Let's hope Elton John doesn't rush out a charity single.
This. It's a damaged rib ffs. Car isn't even that bad. Good news for us anyway

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Plays into Pep’s hands anyway, we all know he’d probably rather not start Aguero but has been forced to with the unreal form he’s been in. This is the easy way out for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Has he broken his ribs or yet to be confirmed.

Massive blow for City but they should be used to missing him during the season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Massive loss for them IMO. He turns their tiki taka possession into penetrative football, and adds drive to their play whereas Jesus is more passive and just a finisher.

I wanted us to beat them at their best, but to be fair we don't have Pogba either so both the star men are missing from the Manchester sides.

Can see Chelsea beating them this weekend.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If my neighbour had a crash and walked away with just a broken rib, no I don't think any of you would give two shits unless you're faking it on a ridiculous level.
Won't somebody think about all those neighbours out there? What if your neighbour, Brian Harvey, eats so much potato that it causes him to fall under the wheels of his own slowly rolling car? Nobody laughed then.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Glad he's okay, could have been much worse.

From a football perspective this isn't so bad for them.

Of course Chelsea coming up without Aguero is going to be difficult, but I just had a quick look at their fixtures and it doesn't look terrible, they certainly have the quality to remain competitive without him.

We don't play them until December 9th, and he'll probably be back by then.