Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Van der Gouw(?) is still the best no. 2 Gk United have ever had, but Romero isn't that far away.

As a United fan, I'm very glad Romero is here. As a football fan, I feel his talent is wasted as No. 2 when he could be a Top 4 team gk in any league.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
One of those players about people keep banging that he's an accident waiting to happen although nobody remembers when was the last time accident did happen.

Same as Rojo.

Done good when he was called upon. Great reserve keeper.
This.

He's conceded goals, but I can't think of any howlers he has made. He's solid and does the basics well. I'd take him over most 1st choice keepers in the league.

Sylar

He was a free signing right? Meaning he had no club? Crazy that hes not even 30 yet.

Wont blame him if he wants to leave soon and get first team football, but its cool that hes our second keeper.

RB7N

I know he has a brainfart now and then(even though I can't remember the last time), but I think it's weird that he is content as a second choice keeper. It's great for United to have such a good back-up, he's better than Liverpool and City's first choice keepers. But I feel he would be perfect for Barca. I know they have Ter Stegen, but Romero is much better with the ball in his feet, and also seem to have benefitted from his time in England by getting better at coming out and claming the ball in a crowded box.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah he's the best backup keeper we've had that I can remember. Very reliable when called upon, and has had some outstanding games. If it weren't for De Gea being top class he would be knocking on the door.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Van der Gouw(?) is still the best no. 2 Gk United have ever had, but Romero isn't that far away.

As a United fan, I'm very glad Romero is here. As a football fan, I feel his talent is wasted as No. 2 when he could be a Top 4 team gk in any league.
VDG was good, but I would say Romero is a touch better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
VDG was good, but I would say Romero is a touch better.
Romero's international level credential is excellent. But I don't remember I had to worry when VDG was playing, instead of Schmeichel. That was a big task, seeing how good the Big Dan was.

King.of.Red

I know he has a brainfart now and then(even though I can't remember the last time), but I think it's weird that he is content as a second choice keeper. It's great for United to have such a good back-up, he's better than Liverpool and City's first choice keepers. But I feel he would be perfect for Barca. I know they have Ter Stegen, but Romero is much better with the ball in his feet, and also seem to have benefitted from his time in England by getting better at coming out and claming the ball in a crowded box.
well, clearly it's because Sergio is happy and proud as Manchester United player, far better status and salary than 2nd choice in his previous club right? :lol: I'm also happy that he chooses to stay with United because he's reliable as our no.2 GK when Jose need to rest David. He will be needed with many games Jose and his players have to play next months.

Devil may care

Kept calm and mopped up well when thinbgs in front of him were all at sea for a spell in the first half.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Amazing how the tide has turned on him. Many didn't think he was good enough to come here two summers ago.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Which game did he concede in? Threadmarks say clean sheets only.

Edit: Conceded vs Northampton. Probably no one bumped the thread after that game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent tonight, very underrated. I can't think of a better back-up 'keeper.

Hope we keep him beyond this summer, he's very reliable.

Raw

17 games, 12 clean sheets and 7 goals conceded. David who?

I'm surprised at how content he seems to be 2nd choice at United.

Which game did he concede in? Threadmarks say clean sheets only.
Northampton Town away (League Cup 3rd round), which we won 3-1. It was a penalty I think.

Ra5hid

If anyone has seen narcos the 'escobar' netflix series, romero looks very similar to leynar gomez (limon character) check it out.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Very good GK.
If I were MCFC, I'd be tempted to put in a huge bid for him. Bravo isn't very good, but Romero is rock solid.
If DDG were to leave in the Summer, I think Romero will be fine as our 1st choice GK.

Trizy

Solid again when called up. Never hear him complaining about not starting either.

Possibly the best or one of the best 2nd choice GK in the world.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
So glad to see him start and play well in an important game. Was not the best performance from his defenders today but he came through like the professional and talented keeper his is. Kudos to Jose for letting the lad play in front of DDG when we all though there'd be no change at the back; must have done Romero's confidence a world of good!

Sylar

I think hes done some sort of black magic cos it always seems like we dont concede when he plays, even though it seems like we should concede when he plays. Crazy stuff.

Such an awesome 2nd GK to have.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If anyone has seen narcos the 'escobar' netflix series, romero looks very similar to leynar gomez (limon character) check it out.
Hahaha he does

Bogga

Van Der Gouw was a nice #2. But saying he was better than Romero is just plain silly.
If we were to rate our first and second keeper from 1 to 10 I'd say we have never been closer to 20 than with these two. I'm truly happy that he seems to accept being second to DDG. He would without a doubt take place between the posts of many good clubs out there.

shield

Ok. That was class. A very good performance. If he would have had one of those Mission Impossible masks of DDG on then we would not have noticed anything amiss.

He just does his job and gets on with it. I see other keepers screaming, gesticulating etc, but he just remains calm, does his job and moves on. He also does not complain about being 2nd choice and we hardly hear about any articles of discontent regarding his game time.

Good player to have in your team.

Oldham

Excellent again.
He really deserves to get more games, just a shame for him that we have the best keeper in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.