g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sky: Spurs appeal to FA to award the second goal against Stoke City to Harry Kane | Spurs win appeal

stu_1992

I can't believe this tbh. No way you could say that definitely touched him, and it made absolutely no impact to the flight of the ball. Will we see consistency in these reviews going forward? I'm going to guess not.

Crowny

Supports
Spurs
Absolutely pathetic and small time. Would expect nothing more from a Spurs player, that is his level and he's happy being the big fish in the small pond there.

As much as I hate Liverpool, Salah is a more more humble and likeable player - genuinely hope he wins the golden boot.
Not sure Fiorentina fans and Maccabi Tel Aviv players would agree.

Kane has got carried away and brought unnecessary attention upon himself but let's not go overboard - he's going for a 3rd golden boot in a row and it's not like he can just go for that again next season.

Rafaeldagold

Guys come on, there’s more salt on here than on RAWK, I agree Kane was a bit of a tit but it’s hardly that big a deal.
Why would a United fan be salty about who wins golden boot? I personally don’t care as football is about what you as a team win.

Seems Kane and Spurs kinda forgot that and it all looks kinda pathetic and honestly a bit sad to go to bother of appealing it.

And the FA look clueless here for awarding it as there’s no angle I’ve seen showing Kane even got close to it. But hey Spurs are a media favourite at the moment so let’s ignore the evidence and give Kane a goal as he cried about it.

acnumber9

I can’t see the bookies being too happy about this. They’ll have paid out on anyone backing Eriksen to score and they’ll probably be obliged to do likewise for Kane now. Farcical decision to change the scorer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Text Speak
Why would a United fan be salty about who wins golden boot? I personally don’t care as football is about what you as a team win.

Seems Kane and Spurs kinda forgot that and it all looks kinda pathetic and honestly a bit sad to go to bother of appealing it.

And the FA look clueless here for awarding it as there’s no angle I’ve seen showing Kane even got close to it. But hey Spurs are a media favourite at the moment so let’s ignore the evidence and give Kane a goal as he cried about it.
While I agree with most of what ur saying, I didn’t agree with the appeal. We aren’t really media darlings, don’t you know all our players want to leave and Pochs going to Look elsewhere?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I can’t see the bookies being too happy about this. They’ll have paid out on anyone backing Eriksen to score and they’ll probably be obliged to do likewise for Kane now. Farcical decision to change the scorer.
It’s in their terms, they won’t pay out to people who had Kane as scorer.

This for example is on William Hills website

1. Settlement will occur in real time, based on the feed from our service providers.
    • In the event of a dispute, data published by www.soccerway.com immediately after the final whistle will be used to settle bets. If www.soccerway.com data is not available or if there is significant evidence that www.soccerway.comdata is incorrect, bets will be settled based upon such reputable alternative information sources which are available to us.
    • Adjustments to settlement will not be made for any changes or adjudications made by governing bodies after the event.

stepic

Usually when it comes to own goals, if the shot is already on target and beating the keeper its still credited to the attacker regardless of who got the last touch. So why would it be any different here? Even if Kane gets a slight touch, it clearly doesn't make any difference so it should be Eriksen's goal anyway.

Either way Kane is a tool, and its just another reason to dislike Spurs. Although the Pool players' reactions are somewhat amusing as well.
Are you suggesting they should change the rules now? The rule has always been in place. And there’s a big difference between an attacking place getting the last touch and an opposition keeper.

Boycott

Not sure what's more pathetic. Harry Kane lying on his daughter life or the subsequent reaction of Liverpool players on twitters.
They're just having a laugh like the rest of us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So they gave him the goal even though there was no clear evidence he got the final touch?

The FA have set themselves a dangerous precedent here. Talk about digging your own hole.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I actually really hope salah wins the golden boot now

How petty can you get.

AttackingFlair

So Kane really got awarded another player’s goal because it’s a WC year and he needed more confidence?

I thought the appeal was embarassing enough, it’s not like it went down as an OG ffs. Would love to see what the feck that panel were doing

montpelier

And they've given it to him. Marvellous.

When I say 'marvellous' there, I actually mean stark raving potty & outrageous, obviously. And farcical.

Salah should get his brief on to them if he finishes 1 behind.

I don't really care as much as it may appear here, tbh. Quite funny, innit.

Hammerfell

Kane comes across as very odd in all this. Swearing on your daughter’s life over a touch?

Redflag43

Bigger issue here is not Kane but the supposedly impartial Premier league.

How can VAR even be considered when they're making decisions like this?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And they've given it to him. Marvellous.

When I say 'marvellous' there, I actually mean stark raving potty & outrageous, obviously. And farcical.

Salah should get his brief on to them if he finishes 1 behind.

I don't really care as much as it may appear here, tbh. Quite funny, innit.
It’s a weird one, I think the FA likely said “meh, what the hell, why not? He’s five behind Salah and he’s England’s number 1 striker, it really doesn’t matter anyway so just let him have it”.

It’s trivial at the end of the day and while it’s part hilarious, part tragic, it’s obviously what he gets off on and denying him it after the comments he made would have created a lot more drama than just letting him have it. See things stand, we shake our heads a bit and take the piss out of him for it every now and again and that’s the end of it.

If the FA ruled against him, it would have been his National Team bosses saying he lied when he swore on his daughters life. That could easily get messy with a World Cup around the corner.

As pathetic as I think it is, maybe we should give him a bit more credit for it. It reminds me a bit of how Shearer and Lineker talk about their hunger for goals and how they’d claim just about anything as their own when they were strikers.

I’m usually moaning at English/British athletes for not having that single minded selfish determination that winners seem to have, perhaps Kane has that same desire and that’s what has got him to where he is?

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Come now. From the age of about 5, I haven’t played with or seen a striker worthy of the name that isn’t a greedy bastard for any goal no matter how it comes.

I’d keep sending Kane old Bangles tunes for inspiration...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is hilarious. All of it. The actual goal he was so desperate to claim, the swearing on his daughter, the nudges on Twitter to get people to discuss his agenda and finally the FA's decision largely based on the players word. Cracking stuff :lol:

I'd hate to be E Rickson right now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It’s a weird one, I think the FA likely said “meh, what the hell, why not? He’s five behind Salah and he’s England’s number 1 striker, it really doesn’t matter anyway so just let him have it”.

It’s trivial at the end of the day and while it’s part hilarious, part tragic, it’s obviously what he gets off on and denying him it after the comments he made would have created a lot more drama than just letting him have it. See things stand, we shake our heads a bit and take the piss out of him for it every now and again and that’s the end of it.

If the FA ruled against him, it would have been his National Team bosses saying he lied when he swore on his daughters life. That could easily get messy with a World Cup around the corner.

As pathetic as I think it is, maybe we should give him a bit more credit for it. It reminds me a bit of how Shearer and Lineker talk about their hunger for goals and how they’d claim just about anything as their own when they were strikers.

I’m usually moaning at English/British athletes for not having that single minded selfish determination that winners seem to have, perhaps Kane has that same desire and that’s what has got him to where he is?
Isn't even to do with the FA. It is an independent three-man panel related to the Premier League.

Burgah

Eric-San is an honourable man. He will give up the goal to the golden boy with pleasure and glee.

Sterling Archer

Bigger issue here is not Kane but the supposedly impartial Premier league.

How can VAR even be considered when they're making decisions like this?
This is what bugs me the most. Kane is being a bit silly and will likely come to regret the nonsense when his daughter grows up and starts bringing up his swearing vid at any given opportunity.

But that this went to any sort of review and then was decided in favor of Kane is pretty indicative of a not so impartial league beauracracy. But we already knew that, didn't we?

RooneyLegend

Pathetic by Kane, while selfishness for a striker is a good trait, this is taking it a bit far.

Seij

Pathetic move from all parties involved in this decision. I hope you're proud about swearing on your own daughter's life, Harry Kane. Salah will probably still beat you without taking all the penalties or having to swear on his daughter's life or kicking up a twitter circus.