Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Because Mourinho is a coward.

Tuanebe has played once this season, man of the match against Swansea. Last season he played right back against Sanchez, who was invisible the whole match. Take it in, he didn't play for months, with no real experience, in a unfamiliar position against one of the best teams in the league at their turf. And he was great.

He played as a midfielder and was great there too. The truth is that Axel hasn't played a game where he wasn't one of the best players on the pitch.

Lindelof was bought for £35M and are currently fourth choice. And he is 24 years old this year and played in the same back three as Tuanzebe against Swansea and wasn't equally good. Tuanzebe, in my opinion, is the bigger talent and are more than ready to be fourth choice. Otherwise, it's a risk being another Pogba situation where the player leave the club when we instead play mediocre players because we paid money for them. Lindelof might turn out to be a good player, but he should never have been bought in the first place. Waste of money when we could play Axel there (and TFM maybe) instead we could fill the gap at midfield or for a new winger. Or full back.

What I don’t understand is why everybody is so sure he would be such a good CB? He played one game this season as a CB in EFL, no games in PL to my knowledge. I remember he was good, wouldn’t pick him as man of the match as I think other players like Lindgaard were better, but he was good. But still, the competition is strong in the centre. Why is everybody upset that he doesn’t get the chance in the centre, when there is weaker competition elsewhere? And he has performed well as RB. And will Valencia stay another season? Anyway, I believe he has played too few games to decide if he is good enough or not, but he certainly deserves more chances. He is 20+ years now and needs time on the pitch. Maybe he should go on a loan.

Edit: to play older players instead of younger to show respect... I can understand that you need to everybody to play to keep them happy etc. But if it goes to far it will backfire against the academy. The dream for everybody in the academy is to play at OT and that dream must be visible and achievable. I shook my head when PSG played the underperforming Rabiot all the time just because he was from the academy (or at least played there since he was 14-15) But I understand it now, you need players from the academy on the pitch. For the fans, for the club, and for the academy players. And he has also become a really good player.

I feel lindelof is more hated because of Jose signing him. Lukaku also the same. The fans see Lukaku and Jose as one. Matic would also have fallen in that category but he has performed so well that fans realised he is good and I mean real good. Otherwise fans were ready with their knives to kill him.
I haven’t seen it that way, but maybe you are right. Mourinho seems to always be either loved or hated and “his players” will probably need to perform a little extra to be accepted.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

He plays CB for Sweden and probably would be in CB in the WC. He is an experienced player and would eventually turn out good.

Mickson

What I don’t understand is why everybody is so sure he would be such a good CB? He played one game this season as a CB in EFL, no games in PL to my knowledge. I remember he was good, wouldn’t pick him as man of the match as I think other players like Lindgaard were better, but he was good. But still, the competition is strong in the centre. Why is everybody upset that he doesn’t get the chance in the centre, when there is weaker competition elsewhere? And he has performed well as RB. And will Valencia stay another season? Anyway, I believe he has played too few games to decide if he is good enough or not, but he certainly deserves more chances. He is 20+ years now and needs time on the pitch. Maybe he should go on a loan.

Edit: to play older players instead of younger to show respect... I can understand that you need to everybody to play to keep them happy etc. But if it goes to far it will backfire against the academy. The dream for everybody in the academy is to play at OT and that dream must be visible and achievable. I shook my head when PSG played the underperforming Rabiot all the time just because he was from the academy (or at least played there since he was 14-15) But I understand it now, you need players from the academy on the pitch. For the fans, for the club, and for the academy players. And he has also become a really good player.

I haven’t seen it that way, but maybe you are right. Mourinho seems to always be either loved or hated and “his players” will probably need to perform a little extra to be accepted.
That's just my opinion. Been watching him since he was 16. Really, really good prospect. Would be a shame if we lose him. And understandable beacuse he isn't playing.

He plays CB for Sweden and probably would be in CB in the WC. He is an experienced player and would eventually turn out good.
That's not saying much. Andreas Grankvist, 33, playing for Krasnodar in Russia is the lead CB and captain in Sweden. VNL have, from time to time, being criticised for his performances in the Swedish national team.

NinjaFletch

Honesty, Jose moans about money, but we go and buy this shit for 30+ mil.
'Shit' is harsh, but I do hope he's the last of this sort of signing we make. I'm sure he's currently a better player than both Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah, but he's 4th or 5th choice and he's hardly set the world alight either.

He's here now, it's not his fault we signed him, and he looks like a player might be in there somewhere so we might as well back him, but we'd be in a much better position had we spent that £30m added to the money to buy the attacking player Mourinho had wanted (whether it was Perisic or whoever) that the board refused to get and relied on the youngsters to fill in the minutes Lindelof has got.

Last edited:

Vilev

And what bugs me most. We already had like 4 CBs, so what is the point of that transfer?
If we buy another cover for CB, maybe we should have at least chose the one who could play as a RB. Cause Lindelof worse than Darmian honestly...

AndyJ1985

He's a nothing player. We have Tuazabe, a promising young defender with great potential who could have been given first team experience instead of wasting so much money on a dud like Lindelof.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
'Shit' is harsh, but I do hope he's the last of this sort of signing we make. I'm sure he's currently a better player than both Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah, but he's 4th or 5th choice and he's hardly set the world alight either.

He's here now, it's not his fault we signed him, and he looks like a player might be in there somewhere so we might as well back him, but we'd be in a much better position had we spent that £30m added to the money to buy the attacking player Mourinho had wanted (whether it was Perisic or whoever) that the board refused to get and relying on the youngsters to fill in the minutes Lindelof has got.
If he reaches the level John O'Shea did at his time here I'd be very surprised.

Vilev

He's here now, it's not his fault we signed him, and he looks like a player might be in there somewhere so we might as well back him, but we'd be in a much better position had we spent that £30m added to the money to buy the attacking player Mourinho had wanted (whether it was Perisic or whoever) that the board refused to get and relying on the youngsters to fill in the minutes Lindelof has got.
I think he is worse than both our youngsters. They are at least quick, they can develop, their technique is okay. They are better options as RB. Jose is just being a coward.

Sylar

He's a nothing player. We have Tuazabe, a promising young defender with great potential who could have been given first team experience instead of wasting so much money on a dud like Lindelof.
He's not a RB
CBs going to full back and excelling is very rare
This performance is no surprise at all

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Good game so far.

Offensively: Always available at the right flank in attacks. Never gets the ball though.

Defensively: he did a good job. Never got dribbled past by Bolasie which meant that all crosses came Bolasie came deep from the sideline.

Ekeke

Because stuff like this happens. It was a one off situation where there was no danger of anything happening.
That has nothing to do with it being bad communication. It was. And yes it was 1 time. We'll have to see if it becomes a pattern, but its bad communication between the 2 of them

Skolden

And what bugs me most. We already had like 4 CBs, so what is the point of that transfer?
If we buy another cover for CB, maybe we should have at least chose the one who could play as a RB. Cause Lindelof worse than Darmian honestly...
Seriously...
How many injuries doesnt our CB have every season?

Is 30m alot of money for a Man Utd transfer 2017? No, not even close. VVD was 75m lol

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Good game so far.

Offensively: Always available at the right flank in attacks. Never gets the ball though.

Defensively: he did a good job. Never got dribbled past by Bolasie which meant that all crosses came Bolasie came deep from the sideline.
A cross is a cross no matter where it comes from.

The trick is for the defender to prevent the cross full stop.

A poor defense of his duties as a defender that.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I'm starting to think you live in a parallel universe. The first time he actually tried to shoulder charge him but meekly bounced off.
Trying to shoulder tackle Bolasie isn't a very smart thing to do. 185 pounds muscles. But did Bolasie ever get past Lindelöf?
A cross is a cross no matter where it comes from.

The trick is for the defender to prevent the cross full stop.

A poor defense of his duties as a defender that.
Lindelöf can definitely work on his tackles and blocks.

Vilev

Seriously...
How many injuries doesnt our CB have every season?

Is 30m alot of money for a Man Utd transfer 2017? No, not even close. VVD was 75m lol
I don't know how VDV will perform, but that, even with those money does make sense. In theory he is way better that all the players they have.

Dr. StrangeHate

Lindelof at right back is just a warm body, you cannot expect ball control, a cross or any sort of attacking input. Where is darmian?

Classical Mechanic

Trying to shoulder tackle Bolasie isn't a very smart thing to do. 185 pounds muscles. But did Bolasie ever get past Lindelöf?
Yes? Twice I think, to get crosses in. The player with most successful dribbles in the first half with 4 was Bolasie, he was Lindelof's man, at least two came against him. As @The Black Pearl says, if a winger gets past you and gets the ball into the box, that is a fail for the full back. I'm surprised you have a different view.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
Yes? Twice I think, to get crosses in. The player with most successful dribbles in the first half with 4 was Bolasie, he was Lindelof's man, at least two came against him. As @The Black Pearl says, if a winger gets past you and gets the ball into the box, that is a fail for the full back. I'm surprised you have a different view.
1. How many times did Bolasie try to dribble past Lindelöf? Many times.
2. How man times did Bolaise create an accurate cross? Zero. The low quality of the crosses suggests what I am saying is correct, in other words it's hard as hell to do a good cross with a defender in the way.
3. Is getting dribbled past twice a disaster? For instance Young got dribbled past thrice against Southampton, what does that tell you?
4. The situation at 23' is clearly not a dribble. In other words he only got dribbled past once, at the most.

It's another clean sheet with Victor Lindelöf on the pitch.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I am not a great fan of Lindelof but some of the stuff we read here we may think Tuanzebe is Baresi or something else...

Classical Mechanic

1. How many times did Bolasie try to dribble past Lindelöf? Many times.
2. How man times did Bolaise create an accurate cross? Zero. The low quality of the crosses suggests what I am saying is correct, in other words it's hard as hell to do a good cross with a defender in the way.
3. Is getting dribbled past twice a disaster? For instance Young got dribbled past thrice against Southampton, what does that tell you?
4. The situation at 23' is clearly not a dribble. In other words he only got dribbled past once, at the most.

It's another clean sheet with Victor Lindelöf on the pitch.
Gus, it seems that you are a fully paid up member of the Lindelof fan club, or perhaps even related to him. I watch a different player to you clearly, one who is average at best at the top level. That said, I don't have the enthusiasm for as Lindelof argument today given that we won. We shall have to agree to disagree on this lad.

Obviously not a right back but was ok. Didn't expect any attacking threat from him and didn't get it. Bolasie had him for speed but never really managed to create anything

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Gus, it seems that you are a fully paid up member of the Lindelof fan club, or perhaps even related to him. I watch a different player to you clearly, one who is average at best at the top level. That said, I don't have the enthusiasm for as Lindelof argument today given that we won. We shall have to agree to disagree on this lad.
And what has Tuanzebe done at professional level to make you say he is better than Lindelof?

Mind you I am not the biggest fan of Lindelof, but as far I can remember last time he played as a fullback was when he played for Sweden under 21's Championship they won in 2015, unless you expected him to be Dani Alves or Cafú :lol:

Litch

Irrespective of what this lad will do, he'll always have haters.

spiriticon

I think he is better at right back than at CB, although that's not saying much for his skills at CB.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I appreciate all that probably took a long time to look up, but it tells you absolutely nothing. It doesn't factor in any kind of decision making.

How often does a player look for the forward pass and decide it's not on and pass backwards?
How often does he hoof it forwards anyway?
How many of those forward passes create openings vs a pass 5 feet forward to Matic?
How often does he just play the safe pass without seeing what is ahead of him?

You can only get the answers to those questions from watching them play.
The backwards pass brigade (sigh). Never played the game. Only ever saw it in a computer, and heard about stats. FFS! Playing backwards isnt a failing. It is sometimes a very intelligent thing to do. To get a deeper knowledge of Association Football, look at Dutch total football in the seventies. Look at Barcelona at their peak. Look at whoever you like. As you, the great and honourable @11101 rightly say this stat tells you absolutely nothing ... well not about Lindelof, anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.