Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AXVnee7

I think sometimes people forget that Jose is actually a coach, with coaching staff and not just someone who picks a team.

Jose will be working with Lindelof as will his elected staff to improve Lindelof's ability and decision making. That doesn't happen overnight and it takes some time.

I agree that I can't see him starting in the PL, but that's fine and probably best. Let him settle at his own pace so he can be ready when called upon.

superdry

touched by a genius
What we got right here is one o those yellow citrus fruits
A big fecking lemon.

leontas

He's been quite nervous this preseason. I was quite surprised by how he kept backing off City players and letting them shoot. I hope once the season gets going, he'll gain some confidence with some good displays against the lower ranked teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
My answer to the question Victor Lindelof or Michael Keane remains Axel Tuanzebe. Until I see something to make me change my mind I remain sceptical of this signing.

Utdstar01

:lol: that tackle! Its one of those that if you go for it you have to fully commit or stay on your feet. He did neither...

Ryan7

I expected him to go down the middle for the penalty. I thought he'd put his foot through it. Instead, he kicked it like Casilla had asked for his ball back.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Somewhere Mark Ogden is jizzing in his brogue

Nick.

He is utter gash and we can all see it, the Swedish John Stones. Bluemoon will have a thread taking this mickey out of this guy just as we had with Stones.

The penny has dropped for some of us already but others haven't figured it out yet lmao

pghcc

Can't see it, when exactly does it happen?
Leaving the tunnel and during the lineup. Watch his face and body language.

Hopefully people don't get on his back about this as it's early days yet.

ovoxo

Didn't Vidic and Evra play gash when they first started out? It's pre season, he's not played great but he's talented. He'll get there once he's adjusted to his surroundings etc.

kundalini

Nightmare pre-season. One of Smalling or Jones is going to be starting until Rojo returns, at this rate.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He is utter gash and we can all see it, the Swedish John Stones. Bluemoon will have a thread taking this mickey out of this guy just as we had with Stones.

The penny has dropped for some of us already but others haven't figured it out yet lmao
Give him some time. He has been poor this pre-season but might pick up some form along the way.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
One of the worst tackles AND penalties in recent memory in the same game. Nightmare stuff for him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Leaving the tunnel and during the lineup. Watch his face and body language.

Hopefully people don't get on his back about this as it's early days yet.
Part of playing for a big club is being able to handle pressure. Plenty of players have come to United and failed for that reason. Just look at the last few years.

Even if the fans said nothing, pundits and press will. If you play for Man Utd you have to be able to cope. If he's nervous he needs to get over it and man up. Not lose focus and boot players in the air or surrender possession to Aguero.

PoTMS

Based on three games? Hmmm, I'm gonna go with no on this one. However, admittedly he has looked poor this tour. Probably just nerves which he needs to get over with and quick. Premier League season starts in less than 3 weeks.

Canagel

It's better he does these mistakes now rather than during the season when it could be costly. That's what pre-season is for; to evaluate and improve on your errors. People over reacting need to calm down. He's settling in to a new team in a new country, once he gets used to how we play, I'm sure he'll end up good.

Zoo

Wum

el3mel

Seems he'll take some time to adjust the EPL with this way he's playing.

TehRed

"Iceman" seems to be absolutely the last thing he is so far. He seems very nervous, and it's badly affecting his game. A rash tackle for a penalty, at fault for a goal in the LA Galaxy game, missed a penalty in the shootout. I really do hope he settles. It seems obvious at the moment that he's going to be gradually brought into the squad, I can't see him being an immediate starter with Bailly at the moment. He badly needs to settle his nerves and needs some confidence. Bailly took right to the team and the league, this guy seems to be the opposite. I'm not writing him off, it's ludicrously early for that still, but he's so far showing nothing of the supposed reasons that we signed him.

ovoxo

But didnt they join mid-season? Completely different right.
Yeah, they played in competitive games but they also were pretty dire, they adjusted and became great players. This is pre season, I expect Lindelof to come good in time.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Like i said before, he is crap. And for who that said it is just a pre-season, get a grip, the opponent is also in pre-season mode.

Rather than tackled, he just needed to body charge or made Theo ran wider because if he crossed no Madrid player in the center.

And dont compare it with Vidic situation. We still have Ferdinand at that time to cover up.

Rather buy Pepe. Old, he is. But still a beast. Another crap in the making.
The state of this post. :lol:

superdry

touched by a genius
If he's one of those players that starts off awfully, then comes on like a train, then becomes an all time great.... he's got the first bit right!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Lindelof is yet to play a proper match for us and some people are already writing him off. At least judge him after he gets a few games under his belt ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.