Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

I'm glad that I didn't get to witness threads about Stam, Vidic, Ferdinand or Evra when they first started here.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Lindelof played left side in Benfica alot so think he is supposed to play there with Bailly.
He played left-center because Luisão had the right-center position, but I think he played there when the Brazilian was injured, though.

fallengt

Kicked RM player harder than he kicked the ball.
No way Mourinho let him start the season after this shit show.

Zoo

He marshalled Aguero quite well last week and today when we were on the back foot some of his last ditch defending was good. He does look nervous and might need a bit of time. Mourinho thought that Bailly would need time but he instantly hit the ground running, not everyone signing be like that.

FujiVice

2016: Rojo doesnt even look like a footballer
2017: cant wait until Rojo gets back, Lindelof looks like a donkey
2018: ???

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: that tackle! Its one of those that if you go for it you have to fully commit or stay on your feet. He did neither...
If that was not fully committed, I don´t know. There is only one level above:

el3mel

The penalty he missed is unimportant and shouldn't be a part of the discussion about him.

The problem with him so far is he can't time his tackles well. He chose not to do anything in some dangerous balls and then out of no where came with this ultra stupid tackle.

He'll need time to adjust to the EPL and knows how to time his tackles better than this. He may struggle at the first few matches in the league I'm afraid, but nothing will prevent him from coming good for us at the end.

Irrational.

He's been written off by some already, unbelievable. :lol:

Presumably these are the same knee-jerkers who wrote off the likes of Vidic, Evra and Rojo.

"Swedish John Stones" :wenger::lol:

Martial

As I already said even before this match, he has been shit all pre-season. It is just becoming more and more obvious.

But as I said before, all it means right now is that he will need to be eased into the team for the next few months, no way Jose starts him in our first few games. Thankfully we have Smalling/Jones to fill in.

Morpheus 7

The ice man, more like the shite man. Needs to perform much better, early days though. Can't really judge much on pre season, Cleverley looked great against barca in pre season.

AshRK

He is going to be this season's punching bag. What did people expect him to do, he needs time whether we like it or now. I can easily see him coming to his best from January. Give him time.

Dinghy

He's not exactly the typical Mourinho-defender, is he... Low on confidence and (apparently) better at passing the ball than defending. If Mkhitaryan couldn't get a game until November last season then this guy might be seen again just in time for next pre-season.

shabz

Apart from the penalty tackle and penalty he took, he played okay tonight. A little nervous at times but his defending was saved us at times, I thought our second half was average at best and it being on the back foot wasn't helping especially with our lack of tracking back. Hopefully the cooler Manchester air helps him feel more at home.

Sylar

Im still laughing at the penalty giveaway. I kinda wish he had protested with the ref.

Rather he get the mistakes out now. I want to see him on the left with Bailly on the right though. In fact im surprised he was on the right and Smalling on the left (thought it would make sense to switch them).

Lemansky

This lad has no chance on a forum where the majority of posters were sitting in shitty nappies when Evra and Vidic had a terrible few games to start their United careers.
Both of them needed time to adjust, especially Vidic. Some of our supporters have zero patience nowadays. They watch a player for a game, or at best a couple of games and he is either shit or incredibly hyped.

Yes, he had a bad game tonight, but it's far to early to make judgements.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Baptism of fire.
He must be thinking that playing for MUFC is on a whole different level.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Reminds me a bit of Rojo. Rash, but you see glimpses of quality too. Good on the ball. We'll see how he adapts to the PL, but I think if he gets minutes with Bailly, he should be OK.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It's absolutely hilarious to watch how so many are acting like him missing a penalty in a pre-season game is some sort of evidence that he's a shit player. Is it really that difficult show some patience and not judge someone after 5min?

He is utter gash and we can all see it, the Swedish John Stones. Bluemoon will have a thread taking this mickey out of this guy just as we had with Stones.

The penny has dropped for some of us already but others haven't figured it out yet lmao
Some of you are just proving you know nothing about football..
The 'others' you're talking about are guys like Mourinho and everyone involved in scouting and signing players for Manchester United. I've never been a big fan of Lindelöf but the guy hasn't even played a full game for us yet. Maybe we should wait and see how he does when the season starts before we get up on our high horse? :rolleyes:

Utdstar01

If that was not fully committed, I don´t know. There is only one level above:

He didn't at all. Re-watch it, it's almost as if he half pulls out when he goes into the tackle. If he goes into it in a slide tackle with full intensity then he wins the ball.

NeglectedGoat

Anyone who says he's shite and completely writes him off after a couple of pre season games just doesn't understand football. Fair enough you can say he's been shite so far in pre season but to actually declare him a bad player after a handful of pre season games is ridiculous.

Obviously we've scouted him excessively before purchasing so I'd give it more time before jumping to any conclusions. Give it at least half a season and then see how he's faring and even at that its too early to judge I think. Not every player is going to hit the ground running and these things take time.

The issue now is that some fans are already getting on his back after a few pre season games and they'll happily jump on any little mistake of his purely to boost their own ego and clamour to people down the line about how they were right about him all along.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This lad has no chance on a forum where the majority of posters were sitting in shitty nappies when Evra and Vidic had a terrible few games to start their United careers.
That's nonsense.

Stam was garbage when he first joined and people were open about it. Especially after Arsenal slapped us about in the Charity Shield. It's not new to criticise poor performances.

Ultimately Stam proved he had it upstairs to play for United. Many however don't make that adjustment. There's nothing about Lindelof that suggests he's gonna end up Vidic rather than Prunier.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I wonder how many minutes will he have against Barcelona. Maybe it's time to starting thinking about protecting the player. Looking forward to those clashes with the physical Premier League strikers.:nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.