Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Kinda surprised no one has mentioned him almost putting the ball past De Gea with his awkward clearance against Sampdoria
Kinda surprised noone has mention that apart from that he had a decent game. Oh, who am i kidding, he's the new Zlatan around here. Y'all are just swedeophobes.

Loublaze

ATLien
Kinda surprised noone has mention that apart from that he had a decent game. Oh, who am i kidding, he's the new Zlatan around here. Y'all are just swedeophobes.
He did have a decent game apart from that

prtk0811

Not the best of starts he could manage , Wil take some time to gel with the team and on this level.

I also think its because he was used to play lcb side than rcb where jose is putting him now compared to last season. he's been decent but needs to be sharper.

Martial

Apart from his mistakes he had a mistake-free game.

And Benfica fans said he was way more comfortable as RCB than LCB. I think Jose sees how badly he is coping with the step-up so far so is playing him in the position he feels most comfortable to give him the best possible chance of success here.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Not the best of starts he could manage , Wil take some time to gel with the team and on this level.

I also think its because he was used to play lcb side than rcb where jose is putting him now compared to last season. he's been decent but needs to be sharper.
Yep. He hasn't really impressed. Just gotta believe it's growing pains and he'll get up to speed over time. Age is on his side as well so not much to be concerned about. For whatever reason people expect new signings to be starters right away. Not the case for everyone, just look at Mikhi last season. Took him a while to adjust and after what seemed like a very long time he finally earned his starting spot. Expect the same thing with Victor. Plus we have enough depth at CB to not have to force him anyways.

Patience :]

VojjE

Kinda surprised no one has mentioned him almost putting the ball past De Gea with his awkward clearance against Sampdoria
Wasn't that Blind though? Or are you thinking of another moment?

izec

That was Lindelöf, bUt they both look similar, good on the ball and shit at defending at times. Could have happened to Blind or Smalling too, with how cumbersome they are at times

Nicklas

He's talking about the moment when he cleared the ball and he almost put it behind De Gea in the second half.

Ashley R1+O

Haven't seen anything prior to a couple of the pre-season performances for us but on my first viewing I it raised my eyebrow as not a very Mourinho-like signing, especially when you look at Bailly from last season and how perfect he looked playing for us very early on in the season.. Lindelof looks extremely raw/nervy in defending his man one vs one and I will be interested to see how he develops because he obviously has the talent and has to make the step up.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
I'm not really sure what Jose's plan is honestly. I feel kinda bad for Lindelof. I was watching today's practice and everyone seemed to have a smile on their faces except for Lindelof. I think he's realizing this is going to be a bigger challenge than he expected.

Having Matic on the team will help him though.

I'll still never understand why anyone would purchase a centerback whose best attribute isn't defense.

He better have some steller passes this season. Otherwise I don't start him over Bailly, Smalling or Rojo.

Jury is still out though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I haven't watched much preseason football apart from highlights and maybe 1 match so I have no idea how he is as a footballer. Just waiting for the season to kick off.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Lindelof, the new old Rojo

GammAvengern

As a Swede I've watched Victor a lot of times and he has always managed to raise up his game to another level when getting the chance: U21, Benfica, Sweden NT. He looks like a totally different player right now and you can see that he hasn't settled in yet. It's been one pre season and once he feels at home it will be a big difference and it's not like he hasn't played under pressure before. United are a bigger stage than before but playing in the Champions League and super important games for Sweden ain't much smaller.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we wanted the ready made package then we should have gone for Bonucci. Lindelof is talented but he needs time to develop. We will have to wait.

CG1010

Madrid tearing apart from his side! He is being run ragged till now.

acnumber9

It was offside. You can't blame defenders for a linesmans mistake.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He shouldnt be starting, he isnt anywhere near close the level required currently
I'd be surprised if he does when the season starts. Bailly + Smalling/Jones will be the starters, I'd expect.

Nick7

Casemiro played himself marginally offside and Lindelof had no idea about it. Shit defending.
Casemiro was offside. How is it shit defending if he did his job and Casemiro had an illegal advantage?

acnumber9

Casemiro played himself marginally offside and Lindelof had no idea about it. Shit defending.
Lindelof kept the line with the rest of our defence. It's that extra space that allowed him to get on the ball. There's only one person to blame for the goal and it's not Lindelof. Aside from that I think he's still been shite mind you.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Even if it was a mistake it's hardly a terrible piece of defending.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
For one who has seen him in both Benfica and Sweden its just sad seeing him in the United shirt. All his qualities seem to be gone. Based on his performances in Sweden and Benfica, i would never have thought it was him playing if i did not know he did the transfer.

Very sad watching a player become so much worse just because he changed club. :(

Steven Seagull

For one who has seen him in both Benfica and Sweden its just sad seeing him in the United shirt. All his qualities seem to be gone. Based on his performances in Sweden and Benfica, i would never have thought it was him playing if i did not know he did the transfer.

Very sad watching a player become so much worse just because he changed club. :(
So he's not actually total shit? I can take the positive from that

Lentwood

I did initially blame Lindelof for the goal but as soon as the replay showed Casemiro was offside you have to accept it wasn't his fault - it's actually arguably good defending

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I don't think you can blame him for an offside goal.

He does look nervous though. The kind of CB that doesn't inspire confidence, so far.

Very early doors obviously.

AndyJ1985

Early days but he looks like a waste of £30m. We'd have been better off sticking with Tuanzebe and spending that money on a full back or winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.