Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

He still looks poor.

His body shape was all wrong for the goal and then there was a moment when he just slipped when someone was running at him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Still no evidence that Tuanzebe would've done worse. Long way to go though...

arthurka

:lol: How is it bad defending if he was offside?
Its easy I don't know what you know about defending but never allow the man to run in behind you.. Not wave your hands like an idiot and wait for the call... He could easily have stood the line and followed his man as the pass came from a fairly deep position.. He just had no clue where the man was. But thats just me apparently..

Zoo

The number of times he's been completely wrong footed by a simple drop of the shoulder by Isco and co is staggering. He seems completely dejected, it's either that or he's another who has flattered to deceive in the Portuguese league.
I've not seen that. He has been alert and tried to bring a bit of composure in the back despite us being under the cosh all half.

Isco has been the standout player on the pitch, everyone is struggling to deal with him.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Been nothing wrong with him today. Not sure why he's the scape goat already.
He is a completely different player compared to what he did in Benfica. Very non-aggressive, scared of playing difficult balls, looks one step behind every action. In Benfica his passing game was amazing, he was aggressive in the right moments, fast in both mind and legs, and had a good reading of the game. He is a different player, no doubt about he. Even though he may not have done that many mistakes so far.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I've not seen that. He has been alert and tried to bring a bit of composure in the back despite us being under the cosh all half.

Isco has been the standout player on the pitch, everyone is struggling to deal with him.
Keep an eye on him second half and you'll see how patheticly easy it is to wrong foot him with the drop of the shoulder. He was a nervous wreck.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
I just want to yell at him to start doing those 50-yard crosses and those fast runs past both the opposite teams attackers and midfielders he did in Benfica. So irritating seeing him only play short passes to Valencia.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He is a completely different player compared to what he did in Benfica. Very non-aggressive, scared of playing difficult balls, looks one step behind every action. In Benfica his passing game was amazing, he was aggressive in the right moments, fast in both mind and legs, and had a good reading of the game. He is a different player, no doubt about he. Even though he may not have done that many mistakes so far.
As a fellow Swede I'm as surprised as you... this is not the same player he is a nervous wreck so far in a United shirt I think Jose need to ease him in to the club.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Its easy I don't know what you know about defending but never allow the man to run in behind you.. Not wave your hands like an idiot and wait for the call... He could easily have stood the line and followed his man as the pass came from a fairly deep position.. He just had no clue where the man was. But thats just me apparently..
But how can you blame a player if what the other play did was illegal in terms of rules? He did play the right line. The defense held its line and Casemiro was clearly offside. More than half his body was.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Why did not Smalling (and Pogba) follow Darmian on the goal? Darmian is the one who sets the line in that situation.

If they had, I'm sure Lindelof would too, and it would have been a clear offside.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Something something experience, something something not ready.
Meh, Varane was given chances at Real when he was 18/19. Guess what, he showed his talent against fecking Barcelona. Top talents deserve to get a chance.

AmanNits04

He has been ok not exactly great. But people blaming him for the goal, that cnut Casimero was offside. I will reserve my judgement about probably until the end of the season.

Chip

He's not exactly lived up to his nickname, Iceman. Never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss Rojo a lot right now.

Still early days, though. Hopefully he will come good once he gets over his shaky start here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep. Obviously was marginally offside, but lindelof pretty obviously also wasn't entirely sure that Casemiro drifted where he did and let him have a free run in behind.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
As a fellow Swede I'm as surprised as you... this is not the same player he is a nervous wreck so far in a United shirt I think Jose need to ease him in to the club.
Yep, just remember his crosses across the whole pitch, and his really "Messi-ich" runs from the defensive line past a bunch of players creating chances. The only thing he does nowadays is playing 3-meters passes to Valencia.

arthurka

But how can you blame a player if what the other play did was illegal in terms of rules? He did play the right line. The defense held its line and Casemiro was clearly offside. More than half his body was.
Well his hand was.... If thats half a body well Ok then... He fecked up a fairly easy defending situation...

kiristao

Done pretty well. Most defenders struggle against Bale. How can you blame him when it's offside. Besides, Valencia was facing Casemiro and should have been the one stopping him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's been better this game I feel, although it could be argued again that yet another goal he was at fault for. I think it can be argued that every single goal we have conceded with him on the pitch has been his fault, sadly, which can't do much for his confidence.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Meh, Varane was given chances at Real when he was 18/19. Guess what, he showed his talent against fecking Barcelona. Top talents deserve to get a chance.
I agree but this is the wrong manager for that.
Is Tuanzebe now a top talent?!
Yes he is a top talent, just like how Pogba was a top talent on the verge of breaking through who everyone said wasn't ready.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Well his hand was.... If thats half a body well Ok then... He fecked up a fairly easy defending situation...
Again he didnt feck up. Casemiro had a head start because he was ahead of Lindelof and in an offside position. Even if it was only a yard it makes a big difference.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Fans who actually thinks he's always been on this level, and was in Benfica, i just want to ask you this: You guys think clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona would have been interested in a player who played like this in Benfica? You guys actually think he would have been considered one of the biggest defensive-talents? You guys actually think Mourinho would have bought him if this was his level in Benfica?

Come on guys, you have to be smarter than this. :nono:

arthurka

Again he didnt feck up. Casemiro had a head start because he was ahead of Lindelof and in an offside position. Even if it was only a yard it makes a big difference.
He might have had 10cm on Lindelof.. But Ok what ever... You need to watch this again..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nice block there, that awereness was something else.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
A nothing player. Absolutely useless. Up there with Mikytharian when he is having one of his many off days.

Status
Not open for further replies.