Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
But LvG does say his captain shall always play... I fear that it would take another 3 months of complete garbage performances before LvG goes back on those words.. So far, it's looking like LvG really shot himself in the foot by making Rooney his captain.
He dropped van Bommel at Bayern and got rid of him. If Rooney continues like that he will be dropped, but he will give him some games before that.

santeria13

Sublemon
LVG is a very strict guy and doesn't care for big names or personal relationships.
So, at what point will LVG put Rooney on the bench?
Which actually makes me consider the fact there is some sort of clause in his contract. He gets away with murder when every other player is met with ruthlessness despite big names, relationships or even captaincy as has been shown in the past when he dropped Van Bommel.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Of course it means nothing. Just like Charlton's goals mean nothing, Law's goals mean nothing..... In fact, who cares that we've won this, that and the other - let's all just call him a fat cnut and not show our respect to someone who has contributed greatly to our history. Of course all that history means nothing as it is in the past and not today.
Oh my..this is a player perfomance thread..where players perfomances are dissected..even Bobby Charlton moved on when the time was up..Gary Neville himself told Fergie that it was time up..

Robbie Boy

He was appalling tonight. I don't think I've ever criticised Rooney on here but that was dreadful. If we stick as him as our primary / main striker this season, we are in big trouble.

It's true that he's a notoriously slow starter, but it looks more than that. He looks to have lost so much of his pace and even his overall play and movement are piss poor at the minute. I'm worried. It's also worrying that LvG blatantly won't sub him off.

The Law of Denis

To be honest, I do not mind him staying up front if he would not mess up building up the attacks.

Everything he tried did not work, his touch was non-existent, his passing inaccurate, his positioning suspect and his demeanour uninspiring.

He needs to find his feet soon or I think he is going to be permanently dropped.

MajorTom

Are you serious? There is no post that better proves that his fan boys are simply confirming the fact that he is a player living off reputation. Don't care how many goals he's got in the past. He's been utter shit for a while now and people just keep repeatedly posting his goal stats. Even when he's in scoring form, it doesn't change the fact the rest of his game has fallen to shit. There's more to the modern striker than getting goals, believe it or not and Rooney is not doing either right now.
Fan boy? I can see you don't care and many others don't care about what he has done and will continue to do so as we as a club don't embrace our traditions, do we?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
There is no defence for that tonight. Fail to see how anyone can rationally defend that.

He's supposed to be our captain....Lead by example. If that's the example then....

You're only as good as your last match. Ronaldo and Messi have amazing stats but, if they go a few games without producing the goods, the screw is turned on them. Why is Rooney any different?!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, he hasn't scored since March.....

Bwuk

You reckon he deserves all the shit he is getting? He will still be our top scorer this season, Shearer won't be Newcastle's top scorer if he was playing, would he? Your argument doesn't quite work.
Of course does. He's playing crap.

You don't excuse poor performances because of what someone has done in the past.

Of course he will be our top goal scorer this season, he's the only striker who's going to play every week! His lack of goals will be what holds us back. He won't get 15 in the league.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Meanwhile in London...

Radamel Falcao is rewatching the game tape, studying what was, for him, a marvelous centre forward performance from Wayne Rooney.

Alias
To be honest, I do not mind him so much not staying up front if he would not mess up building up the attacks.

Everything he tried did not work, his touch was non-existent, his passing inaccurate, his positioning suspect and his demeanour uninspiring.

He needs to find his feet soon or I think he is going to be permanently dropped.
Will he though? He seems to be undroppable after being made captain.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Drop him, it has to be done. Might be the kick up the arse he needs.

santeria13

Sublemon
Fan boy? I can see you don't care and many others don't about what he has done and will continue to do so as we as a club don't embrace our traditions, do we?

What are you talking about? How does what he has done have anything to do with what he will do? His declining game is clear as day.

Jaxa

Its mental that we sold Van Persie yet keep playing Rooney, RvP was much more talented on so many levels and at least linked up play better too

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Tonight's the first time I've truly thought "he's finished". Looks like SAF may have been absolutely correct to try and sell him two years ago. Hopefully he can prove us all wrong.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I'm one to try and defend everyone. But Wayne Rooney tonight was dog shit

santeria13

Sublemon
Of course it means nothing. Just like Charlton's goals mean nothing, Law's goals mean nothing..... In fact, who cares that we've won this, that and the other - let's all just call him a fat cnut and not show our respect to someone who has contributed greatly to our history. Of course all that history means nothing as it is in the past and not today.
Yeah great thinking. Lets keep playing a heavily under performing player out of respect for what he has done. Genius. Let's re sign up Cantona

Shurou

He dropped van Bommel at Bayern and got rid of him. If Rooney continues like that he will be dropped, but he will give him some games before that.
Which actually makes me consider the fact there is some sort of clause in his contract. He gets away with murder when every other player is met with ruthlessness despite big names, relationships or even captaincy as has been shown in the past when he dropped Van Bommel.
I see, thanks for the info. How long did it take for Van Bommel to get dropped? Hopefully our general performances will pick up to cover for any potential slack from Rooney in the meanwhile...

Ixion

His concentration needs to improve, offside so many times and a fraction late when controlling a pass or making a run too often. Van Gaal was ruthless with Falcao and RVP and needs to be the same with Rooney.

MajorTom

We will see who is our top scorer and the end of the season and our record scorer in our entire history. But go ahead, call him all the names under the sun and show just how much you embrace our club and players. Rock on Tommy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So, let's see, is the English league the biggest league in the world? Let's name the biggest clubs in England.......

Of course all this is going off tandem but just proves what is and what was considered a great player/club.
Again you're talking about something no one is denying but currently in terms of performances, history means feck all. What Rooney and Liverpool did in the past means feck all.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Silent domination....

Havent watched the game but why are you lot so surprised, he's been average at best for months, and that's being very generous. Looks like it was another showing that the 20 goals expectations came from total delusion.

The Law of Denis

Will he though? He seems to be undroppable after being made captain.
Oh I have no doubt he will.

in 2011 Van Gaal kicked Mark Van Bommel, his captain at the time, out of Bayern Munich halfway through the season after he fell out with him. Last year he openly told RvP and Falcao that they were shit and not impacting the game enough.

if Rooney goes a few more games like this, I'm sure Van Gaal will start changing things.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We will see who is our top scorer and the end of the season and our record scorer in our entire history. But go ahead, call him all the names under the sun and show just how much you embrace our club and players. Rock on Tommy.
Do you think he played well tonight?

roykeane19

To be fair as already posted, SAF called this 2 years ago. And his real proper decline started last season, where he was pretty ineffectual, touch and passing especialy

Only thing that saves his some race are those long balls to Valencia that commentators oooo and aaa over. Whats also funny is commentators never slate him when he makes mistakes, must be some injunction to criticize him or something

Status
Not open for further replies.