Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Was our best player from the 15th to the 45th minute. Much better than I expected.

Classical Mechanic

Good game? Wow. He was utterly shit in the second half.
He has just come back from injury and tired, obviously.

I thought he was excellent in the first half and exposed the limitations of Lingard as a 10. Lingard just doesn't drop deep to link the midfield and attack after he came on we lost control of the game and created only two more chances IIRC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Only saw the second half, wasn't impressed but fair enough if the first half was better.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
£900million k per week for that poop.

Sid234

Still has the worst 1st touch in football but great passing and vision, Villa gave him space and he dominated in the 1st half. Not surprised that he wasn't as good in the 2nd half considering he's just coming back from injury

Treble

Been saying it all season.

He's been crap throughout 2015. He is not the same Rooney but he is not finished.
He's not finished per se, only at the top level.

Can you see United winning the title with Rooney as the main man in attack, ot the CL? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me impossible.

We are making the life of Liverpool and City easier by insisting on Rooney.

Last edited:

facund

Fluctuated from decent to good in the first half but was poor in the second.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Below average, which makes this one of his best performances this season.

BarstoolProphet

He has just come back from injury and tired, obviously.

I thought he was excellent in the first half and exposed the limitations of Lingard as a 10. Lingard just doesn't drop deep to link the midfield and attack after he came on we lost control of the game and created only two more chances IIRC.

But he was still mediocre overall yet again. And it doesnt take much effort to expose Lingard's limitations. He had a couple of good crosses but he was far from excellent.

m1y2

Been saying it all season.

He's been crap throughout 2015. He is not the same Rooney but he is not finished.
wow, aston villa this year has been possibly the shittest premier league team in new era, on par with all those wigan sides.. he had some moments but our U18 team would beat them... chinese clubs may consider to make a move based on this game though

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's chaotic and this thing cannot be tolerated next season or even this in perspective of the cup.

Hopefully he'll get better in upcoming weeks.

El Zoido

He doesn't offer anything. Well, except the odd cross field diagonal pass that has all the pundits spooging over how "he's back".

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Can you see United winning the title with Rooney as the main man in attack, ot the CL? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me impossible.

I don't have the answer to that as I am unsure myself. My point is he has not been falcao'd as many suggested on here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Team went to pot when he went off. That said if he's still starting games next season, it means we aren't good enough.

Treble

I don't have the answer to that as I am unsure myself. My point is he has not been falcao'd as many suggested on here.
Statistically, he's still worse in the league this season than Falcao last season. May sound increidble but you can do the math (I mean the ratio of goals/assists to played minutes).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How he generated more power with his first touch than the pass from Memphis is incredible.

BarstoolProphet

He has. He's not good enough for a top half club. Atleast Falcao was left out of the team after his shit performances. Rooney has been on the decline for years and done at top level for the last two.

drdoityourself

For a player who was such an instinctive, raw footballer, nowadays everything he does are a few go-to moves that he's picked up through the years.
His vision only seems to extend to the right wing. When Rooney had an influence in the game in the first half, our left winger Memphis was anonymous. Early second half Rooney struggled to pull the strings and we could see Memphis getting a lot more of the ball.
Credit for the pass that led up the goal, usually when he makes those passes the right winger has to wait and pull it down from a stationery position, but this time he managed to pass it in his stride which made all the difference.
We got worse after he went off, doesn't surprise me as I don't rate Lingard at all. It doesn't really say much about Rooney's quality, the lack of quality in our creative positions is damning.

Morpheus 7

Everyone going on about how well he played in the first half. Wow! Against one of the worst teams to play at old trafford in recent years, acres of space to hit a ball across the pitch unchallenged. Yeah he's just back from injury fair enough but that second half is what Rooney has become. Slow, horrific touch, zero urgency and most of all a waste of place. He should be nowhere near the starting 11 but unfortunately will be.

Perrick Dubois

60 minutes under his belt is a good sign @Amar__ so much for my theorem regarding his spot in the team. I concede that little speculation wholeheartedly.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
So strangely enough I only just realised Wazza really is still our top scorer. Of course I knew it in the back of my mind, but I hadn't really thought about it fully before. Since he's now back from injury he might just end up as our top scorer, for the third season in a row.

That's pretty bizarre considering he had a whole fecking calender year where he only managed 5 league goals or something. I am not quite sure what to make of this. I will let this information digest for a night and I'm thinking it might just be for the best if I've forgotten about it tomorrow.

At the moment it feels like one of those existential scam questions - like what is your greater purpose in the world or what is the meaning of life? What does it mean that Wayne Rooney has been Manchester United's top scorer for the last three fecking years? Yo no comprendo.

pacifictheme

Could say the same about....

Herrwra
Rojo
Jones

And so many more.

Sylar

My worry is that we go into next season and hes still seen as a first choice when fit. Hes basically how Gerrard was for Liverpool in his last season there.

He was decent first half, but he really shouldnt be a starter for us. He plays like a 35 year old (not Giggs or Scholes 35 either).

Status
Not open for further replies.