Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Hes played well i just cant understand the ridiculous hate for the guy, hes a Utd legend ffs. Mata has been the only problem player in that midfield and honestly Rooney has shown enough for me that he should be granted an opportunity to make that position his own.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I keep saying this, he's had a terrible 2015 but if you think this half from Rooney was "shite" or "average" then you obviously have an agenda against him. He's been really good so far. whether or not he should be a part of the team is a separate debate.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He isn't that bad, but if that's some good midfield performance then we might as well play Fellaini all the time. I am not trying to be smart, but I seriously think many people have no idea what playing in midfield is all about.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He isn't that bad, but if that's some good midfield performance then we might as well play Fellaini all the time.
Correct. It's all simple, energy-saving passes with the odd flourish...like a guy who practises with a sand wedge in a field, paying shots to amuse himself.

Shark

@NotShark
Hes played well i just cant understand the ridiculous hate for the guy, hes a Utd legend ffs. Mata has been the only problem player in that midfield and honestly Rooney has shown enough for me that he should be granted an opportunity to make that position his own.
I do get the hate for him when he was going months without a goal and playing shite, but if it boils over to being unable to give the guy praise when he starts scoring and plays well, then there's my issue. He's looking more effective in a central position than Mata, who is a Caf darling. Herrera too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He's been thoroughly average, which automatically puts it into his top performances of the season.

Baxter

I keep saying this, he's had a terrible 2015 but if you think this half from Rooney was "shite" or "average" then you obviously have an agenda against him. He's been really good so far. whether or not he should be a part of the team is a separate debate.
He's done nothing to put him over other midfielders to play there. He's kept it tidy but let people run off him numerous times because he doesn't have the defensive awareness in midfield. I honestly don't see the point in playing him out of position or ahead of better players just because of his name or his captaincy.

@Shark more effective in what way?

TrustInJanuzaj

I do get the hate for him when he was going months without a goal and playing shite, but if it boils over to being unable to give the guy praise when he starts scoring and plays well, then there's my issue. He's looking more effective in a central position than Mata, who is a Caf darling. Herrera too.
yeh I agree hes a big money player so its right that we expect big things from him, but its a joke that while most of our player are playing crap under LVG people are saying lets give them the benefit of the doubt while Rooney gets thrown under the bus. Honestly, in 2016 hes looked like a far better player and we have certainly missed him at times. I think lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon mainly because they never really liked him.

SteveJ

Scout
Yet again: he's world-famous, a household name in Britain, our captain & our highest-paid player. As such, him being 'not bad' just doesn't cut it. If he weren't English, and if our club didn't make him its commercial figurehead (a self-fulfilling prophecy of guaranteed revenue, stemming from exposure), he'd be at a midtable club just to get regular games.

Baxter

yeh I agree hes a big money player so its right that we expect big things from him, but its a joke that while most of our player are playing crap under LVG people are saying lets give them the benefit of the doubt while Rooney gets thrown under the bus. Honestly, in 2016 hes looked like a far better player and we have certainly missed him at times. I think lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon mainly because they never really liked him.
Fellaini or Schneiderlin play like that and they'll be criticised. Why would being okay be good enough?

Shark

@NotShark
He's done nothing to put him over other midfielders to play there. He's kept it tidy but let people run off him numerous times because he doesn't have the defensive awareness in midfield. I honestly don't see the point in playing him out of position or ahead of better players just because of his name or his captaincy.

@Shark more effective in what way?
Who are these better players in the squad you are referring to?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's kept it tidy but let people run off him numerous times because he doesn't have the defensive awareness in midfield.
It's quite amazing how people can't notice this. He is absolutely terrible defensively in midfield, his reading of the game is really poor, I swear Mata is Carrick in comparision with him when it comes to reading of the game.

Dobbs

It's quite amazing how people can't notice this. He is absolutely terrible defensively in midfield, his reading of the game is really poor, I swear Mata is Carrick in comparision with him when it comes to reading of the game.
True but the bigger off the ball issue is that his legs have completely gone. Players just breeze past him. Not his fault but the springs have bust.

TrustInJanuzaj

Fellaini or Schneiderlin play like that and they'll be criticised. Why would being okay be good enough?
Thats just absolute bollocks im sorry. Theres no way either Fellaini or scheiderlin could put a performance in like Rooneys tonight. He has spread the ball around the park brilliantly, showing all of passing range. People watch the game with blinkers on just to fit an agenda.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Total nonsense as per usual in this thread.

Good performance tonight, thought he had the most moments of quality alongside mata and Rashford, totally dominant in posession and stayed very central in the middle.

Very easy game for us though.

Baxter

Thats just absolute bollocks im sorry. Theres no way either Fellaini or scheiderlin could put a performance in like Rooneys tonight. He has spread the ball around the park brilliantly, showing all of passing range. People watch the game with blinkers on just to fit an agenda.
:lol::lol: Just have to disagree but that is laughable.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
We all know Rooney takes a while to get back up to speed after ah injury lay off. Good performance considering. I don't think he's a center mid myself, but he did a job there when needed.

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't think he'll ever recieve any praise here unless he scores 4 and assists 6 and saves a goal or two on the line. And even then people will say he's not worth 300k. A good performance today and it was far better than having Carrick/Fellaini play instead.

TrustInJanuzaj

yeh you would disagree as people refuse to accept whats in front of their eyes. Yes Rooney overhit a couple of long balls but in general he switched the play excellently most of the game both right and left. I also havent seen one mention of his goal threat today, he was much better than any of our other midfield options have been this season at arriving late at the right time to the box having 3-4 chances, ala Lampard and could have easily scored a goal on another day with a couple of well hit strikes. Its just beyond ridiculous that its got to the point that even when he plays well people say he plays shite.

SteveJ

Scout
I don't think he'll ever recieve any praise here unless he scores 4 and assists 6 and saves a goal or two on the line.
And yet you people accuse Rooney's critics of going to similar extremes. Are you going to roll out the old 'have some respect for such a great servant!' one next?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol::lol::lol:

Whacking passes out to the fullbacks at every single fecking opportunity he gets isn't good football, it amounts to absolutely nothing whatsoever. The idea of spreading play is to change the angle of attack and make the opposition out of positon, he doesn't have the capability of pinging it out wide like Scholes with enough pace to actually do it.

He was afforded a lifetime in possession today and all he wanted to do is shift it to the fullbacks, please explain it to me, what on Earth does that achieve?

Dobbs

I don't think he'll ever recieve any praise here unless he scores 4 and assists 6 and saves a goal or two on the line. And even then people will say he's not worth 300k. A good performance today and it was far better than having Carrick/Fellaini play instead.
It was so easy that you can't praise any of the players tonight. Training would be more competitive than what we've just seen.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Tbf, he showed a range. The quality of the Hollywood's was below par though.

EDIT - Image failed to render. Go to stats zone for his passes.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah, then they'll be " He's earnng 300k/w, He's expected to do atleast this much"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Strolled around a bit, knocked some passes around neatly.
Training ground exercise really.

TrustInJanuzaj

:lol::lol::lol:

Whacking passes out to the fullbacks at every single fecking opportunity he gets isn't good football, it amounts to absolutely nothing whatsoever. The idea of spreading play is to change the angle of attack and make the opposition out of positon, he doesn't have the capability of pinging it out wide like Scholes with enough pace to actually do it.

He was afforded a lifetime in possession today and all he wanted to do is shift it to the fullbacks, please explain it to me, what on Earth does that achieve?
its all well and good but if scholes put in that performance tonight then people would be eating it up and giving nothing but praise. He certainly spread the play today and thats a big reason why Darmian and Valencia looked way better in attack than normal because Rooney found them in space higher up the pitch. I just dont understand the attitude of fans that want to undermine and criticize positive displays just to fit in with an agenda that hes 'past it'. Maybe he is past it but that performance was very good none the less so dont pretend it wasnt. I have to say im genuinely intrigued what people would want Rooney to do in that game, apart from score theres not alot hes done wrong.

SteveJ

Scout
Any player getting 4 goals and 6 assists would get their due credit, and laughable comments like 'but it's only Villa/Palace/Atletico Domestos' would rightly be called-out for bitterness. This kind of hypothetical defence for Rooney doesn't cut it anymore.

Dobbs

Thought he was just fine. Where have people got the idea that he was shit today?
Whose said he was terrible tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.