Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant 1st half, not so good 2nd half.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In the second half he, Carrick and Fellaini just didn't have the legs for the battle.

However, that's for the manager to get right.

This time I'm going to raise Rooney because he was very good. Unlike the other two peformances where people were praising him for being acceptable or decent, he was genuinely good today.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Brilliant tracking back, he still had that diligence to not give up despite not having the legs in the second half to do too much.

kundalini

I thought he had a very good game but not sure what happened to our midfield in those 25 mins in the 2nd half when we got over-run.

wr8_utd

:'(
He could have done with having Morgan alongside him at the end. Understandably tired in the second but very good performance.

MDFC Manager

Completely disappeared when we were under the cosh. And that is exactly why he should never be played in midfield. Doesn't have the all round nous for it, like a proper midfielder should absolutely have

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
His touch was good, and he mostly chose the correct option. Can be a little easy to get past, but that's ok.

Shark

@NotShark
Completely disappeared when we were under the cosh. And that is exactly why he should never be played in midfield. Doesn't have the all round nous for it, like a proper midfielder should absolutely have
He's only back from injury.

Classical Mechanic

He was very good I thought. He tired in the second half because he isn't fully fit. If he can play like that constantly in midfield then he will be excellent for us. He is a leader on the pitch too and we need that.

dichinero

This.

This is the 3rd game where he has excelled in the first half and completely tailed off in the second. Still needs to be moved on.

MDFC Manager

He's only back from injury.
He's been injured.....but showed more than Basti can offer in that match.
He was very good I thought. He tired in the second half because he isn't fully fit. If he can play like that constantly in midfield then he will be excellent for us. He is a leader on the pitch too and we need that.
I agree he was tired and you will also see that I praised him after the first half. However, it's not the first time that he's disappeared in midfield when the team is under pressure. He should still be played in attack.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good first half when Everton weren't playing. Once they stepped up I thought he wasn't looking that good. Had it been anyone other than Rooney, I reckon they'd have been substituted.

Devil may care

I thought he started off lively and then for some reason was switched to the deeper of the two #8's and had less impact on the game. He did make 2 or 3 very good tracking runs back there though.

togg

I agree he was tired and you will also see that I praised him after the first half. However, it's not the first time that he's disappeared in midfield when the team is under pressure. He should still be played in attack.
nah....bring him into the midfield role...there is no way Rooney would have scored that Martial goal at his age...honestly.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Very pleasing first half, not good enough in the second. A club of our stature starting a midfield of a 500 year old carrack, fellaini and Rooney is ridiculous.

Shark

@NotShark
Very pleasing first half, not good enough in the second. A club of our stature starting a midfield of a 500 year old carrack, fellaini and Rooney is ridiculous.
Give him a fecking break, Jesus. Some posters on here need to get a grip.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Very good first half, but was given all the time in the world like against Palace, second half Everton came at us and he was lost. We might as well not have had a midfield in thst second half. He and Carrick were anonymous.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Was excellent

And has been good since he returned. Was also good before his injury

I don't think the next manager will be as stupid as most of you lot and will still value him as an important player

His experience alongside the young lads will be vital as they progress

Shark

@NotShark
What, I said he was very good in the first half, but he wasn't in the second. He was still better than the other two.
Surely we can give praise to the guy without running him down in the same post though. He's only back from injury so he was always going to fade away as the game went on.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good game, some nice balls behind the Everton defence in the first half.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was excellent

And has been good since he returned. Was also good before his injury

I don't think the next manager will be as stupid as most of you lot and will still value him as an important player

His experience alongside the young lads will be vital as they progress
All I want is for him to be stripped of his special privelidges. No player should be able to serve up that disgraceful trash he did in the first half of the season and still start by default. If he's playing well, I see no reason why he shouldn't play.

Also, I don't think we'll be going in with the kids next season. Unless our ambitions are low.

Devil may care

All I want is for him to be stripped of his special privelidges. No player should be able to serve up that disgraceful trash he did in the first half of the season and still start by default. If he's playing well, I see no reason why he shouldn't play.

Also, I don't think we'll be going in with the kids next season. Unless our ambitions are low.
That's the key thing, he needs to be like everyone else and only play on merit, and we shouldn't be buying with an eye on it not effecting his starting spot.

dichinero

BBC gave him MOTM :houllier: He was anonymous in the second half.
Are you surprised? This is Wayne Rooney we are talking about. It's things like this that poisons any little good he does. Would they have given Mata or Herrera that rating with the same performance? I think not!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
BBC gave him MOTM :houllier: He was anonymous in the second half.
Was our 4th best player IMO. Even our twitter account nominated him ahead of Fellaini, who I believe should have been MOTM

marlowe78

Thought he was very good in the 1st half. 2nd half, not as good but we were largely shit as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.